Uniden R7 - Firmware Change-log and Outstanding Issues

emeres

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
crossing fingers for 1.30 or 1.291 lol
I'm downgrading to 1.24 for the time being. Deep down I felt that Kuni leaving will make things a little worse at Uniden's.

thorissr

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I ended up reverting back to 1.24 as well. I hope Uniden bring back the way QR behaved prior to 1.29, although I have my QR set at 55MPH I find it irritating hearing constant double beeps while traveling with a pack of cars.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm fine with 129 unless heading to Redflex county.
I prefer the R7 on 129 other than the K band floor limit.
Post automatically merged:

I have noted that there is a longer delay on K band alerts anywhere from 2 to 4 seconds when MRCD is turned on.
MRCD off and K narrow and K wide with all filters on works well and normal.
I never noticed such a long delay when MRCD was ON in previous firmware.

I have noted that there is a longer delay on K band alerts anywhere from 2 to 4 seconds when MRCD is turned on.
I withdraw these comments after further testing.
Videos posted with explanation in this thread...

K band floor complaint is still valid.

Last edited:

billvp

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

I withdraw these comments after further testing.
Videos posted with explanation in this thread...

K band floor complaint is still valid.

Why did you withdraw those comments? I watched the videos and they seemed consistent with what you were saying ... 129 with MRCD on has a delay, 129 with MRCD off is fine.

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Why did you withdraw those comments? I watched the videos and they seemed consistent with what you were saying ... 129 with MRCD on has a delay, 129 with MRCD off is fine.
Comments on delay time was not as bad as whatever was going on yesterday, I can't duplicate the 2 to 4 second delay.
It was more like 124 behavior, with the exception that with MRCD on the lower sensitivity settings delay gets more pronounced. K wide also has a longer scan cycle adding up to half a second on most tests.
See here for another set of results today.

Disconnected

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Reverting back to 1.24 as well

1move

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Another issue I noticed but hoped it was me instead of the detector is for know K band alerts.

When a known K band is muted, after say 2-3 beeps I hit the mute memory button. Driving through the same area again I would always get the 2-3 initial beeps then it would go into mute memory. Why can't it mute memorize the frequency and mute it throughout the entire section this was muted at. This was not an issue before the firmware upgrade.

Also I would get multiple Red light and speed camera voice alerts when I know there is only a single camera. I'll get this on video.

emeres

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Another issue I noticed but hoped it was me instead of the detector is for know K band alerts.

When a known K band is muted, after say 2-3 beeps I hit the mute memory button. Driving through the same area again I would always get the 2-3 initial beeps then it would go into mute memory. Why can't it mute memorize the frequency and mute it throughout the entire section this was muted at. This was not an issue before the firmware upgrade.

Also I would get multiple Red light and speed camera voice alerts when I know there is only a single camera. I'll get this on video.

I've also noticed that under 1.29 but....when I reverted back to 1.24 ( factory reset done also ) this issue persisted. At least in my case. I found a few MRCD and K signals repeating themselves even though they were previously marked.

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
For lockouts that avoid the beeps....
Drive past the signal on highway or Advanced on a high%.
Mute memory right at the beginning of the alert, the faster you are traveling the quicker you have to respond.
Lockout will now be silent and carry the silence through the signal until R7 loses reception of it.
Important to understand you now need to repeat the process for most signals coming from the opposite direction.
Now that you locked out at a higher sensitivity any lower sensitivity will be locked out.
If you locked out at a lower sensitivity then drive past at a higher sensitivity the beeps you get are you picking up the signal before entering lockout zone.
This can be affected by atmospheric conditions or how quickly you push the mute memory as well.
*Do not try locking out in the center of a signal closest to the source, or with the extreme sensitivity you will be using 4 or more lockouts per signal source.

Last edited:

plm

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

I've mentioned this before, but my hunch is they've shrunk the mute radius now, so if you mute coming from one direction then it'll hold the mute until the detection of that signal drops, but you may well be outside the defined radius by then, so if you come back in the other direction you may get an alert before you get to the outside of the mute radius you'd previously stored and you have to store it again. I've found this on some major intersections where I've had to mute from 2 or 3 different directions for the same source in 1.29.

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
And remember many locations have more than one frequency source. Now more so with smaller lockout frequency range.

Last edited:

emeres

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Looks like Uniden has released a lion before the gate was fully open with 1.29...but almost every update has some issues. I'm pretty sure it will be resolved.

clphillips72

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
It doesn’t look like the 1.29 firmware has the auto lockout feature yet, or did I overlook that? That was the main reason I bought this and got rid of my V1 and R3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DocTJ

PSL + X= 100
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
It doesn’t look like the 1.29 firmware has the auto lockout feature yet, or did I overlook that? That was the main reason I bought this and got rid of my V1 and R3.

Not yet. Patent issues. But will be capable once they allow it and all the drama is overwith.

clphillips72

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Not yet. Patent issues. But will be capable once they allow it and all the drama is overwith.

Thanks. Do you know when the patent is supposed to expire? When I bought the detector at release, I thought I had heard it expired a few months after it was released, but then it got extended or something.

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks. Do you know when the patent is supposed to expire? When I bought the detector at release, I thought I had heard it expired a few months after it was released, but then it got extended or something.

Believe it will expire in June this year.

ze3bar

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
i have a feature request but i am not sure it has been suggested yet. i have mentioned it in another thread and it got a like but that was it.

I would like to have the ability to select and change the settings of the detector from the update app on the computer, before flashing updates. that way i load the bin, change my settings to what i'd like them to be, then it flashes them to the detector pre-set the way i'd like. eliminates the need to go through every setting on the detector manually.

what do you guys think?

DSMDuDE

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
i have a feature request but i am not sure it has been suggested yet. i have mentioned it in another thread and it got a like but that was it.

I would like to have the ability to select and change the settings of the detector from the update app on the computer, before flashing updates. that way i load the bin, change my settings to what i'd like them to be, then it flashes them to the detector pre-set the way i'd like. eliminates the need to go through every setting on the detector manually.

what do you guys think?

I like this idea. I’d think there would be a way to modify an xml or ini file and upload that in the config.

ze3bar

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I like this idea. I’d think there would be a way to modify an xml or ini file and upload that in the config.

they could even make it part of the update app. check the boxes and flash.

Sam992

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
my 1.29 R7 is no longer calling out certain red-light cameras... the main one being right near my house and has been here for 5 years... I haven't heard it once announce any redlight cameras as a matter of fact ... been using it for 2 weeks... downloaded it from the Uniden site directly.. When I called Uniden originally after downloading the one of this site back in early Feb... they told me "We don't support 1.29 yet" .. but mow it's officially published and still not working for Red-light Cameras..

Should I revert to 1.24?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glockman03