Uniden R7 - Firmware Change-log and Outstanding Issues

maestromaestro

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Amazon time. Downgraded to the previous BIN file, returned to factory settings. In front of these speed displaying doohickeys that use X band (or is it K?), the Uniden R7 arrow firmly pointed to the rear.

onlyktm

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Why is the TSF recommended to ON while on R3 its recommended to OFF?

aim4squirrels

Coming soon.....
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Why is the TSF recommended to ON while on R3 its recommended to OFF?
Likely the age of the thread, honestly.

Tsf is a traffic sensor filter, for bouys along stretches of highway that emit k band falses while monitoring traffic conditions.

It was discovered that enabling this setting reduced false alarms while still giving adequate detection distance to legit sources of radar. So it was kept as is.
Loo

Tatuatu

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
add K Band Segmentation it is very useful to remove false alerts.

TurboDriver

One foot on the brake, one on the gas...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
add K Band Segmentation it is very useful to remove false alerts.
It would be useful on removing real alerts too... K segmentation wouldn't do much IMO because most people couldn't use it. Where I need it quieter is in the freq zone that there is a real chance of seeing radar.

Now, if they could let us change the sensitivity of a number of seg'd areas it would help at a much smaller risk, but turning it off completely is dangerous.

billvp

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
yes, reducing sensitivity (even beyond 30%) by segmentation within K band would be very nice

HitemStr8

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Trying to update my r7 to 129.129. ON the Uniden downloads page and the driver for MAC is not avail.....only PC. Anyone know why? Where can i find the MAC driver to complete the download?

mattguy10

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
So as per my post and video on the thread here:

There is a clear issue with the 129 Firmware. This is really shocking Uniden would make such a drastic change and not notify anyone. Therefore, either a bug in the 129 firmware (is this the only one!?), or else they've intentionally cut down K detection, or else Uniden is seeking to penalise some of those people who legally invested in their hardware. Issues like this are going to send more people to seek out a Theia or something else.

Now I have the ability to rewrite the firmware myself, I'm going to see if I can see what the problem is. If Uniden won't fix it, I certainly will.

billvp

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

There is a clear issue with the 129 Firmware. This is really shocking Uniden would make such a drastic change and not notify anyone. Therefore, either a bug in the 129 firmware (is this the only one!?), or else they've intentionally cut down K detection, or else Uniden is seeking to penalise some of those people who legally invested in their hardware. Issues like this are going to send more people to seek out a Theia or something else.

Now I have the ability to rewrite the firmware myself, I'm going to see if I can see what the problem is. If Uniden won't fix it, I certainly will.

What is the issue you see with the update?

DChiJEllis

Moderator Emeritus and Lifetime RDF Contributor
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Trollstigen, Lyseveien og Atlanterhavsveien

There is little to no Redflex to test against here. Probably more of a bug than something nefarious. And now that you’ve caught it and reported it, it can be fixed.

Dave3006

Learning to Drive
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
General User
Reaction score

Probable why Uniden haven't put 1.29 up on their website (US) for download

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
My thoughts after testing and such in another thread....

I think this new K Wide floor around 24.040 to 24.050 may be because 129.129 MRCD detection is way up, and K band may be unusable in lower frequencies due to excessive falsing.
So did Attowave increase low frequency sensitivity to pick up MRCD but compromised functionality for low frequency K CW signals?

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I also feel there is a longer delay on K band alert when pullung the gun trigger.
More than a second every time, sometimes 2 seconds.
That's bad news for I/O long distance early warning detections.

zodjunior

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Assuming you are sure that both of your windshields are pure glass with no metallic coating that would affect radar performance then it sounds like your unit is defective and should be sent back to uniden for service.
A good way to test the above would be to hold the unit out the window and see if it does the same thing with the arrows.
I have seen the same behavior on multiple occasions with LEO in plain sight. Only since this update. Had my R7 since it came out.

emeres

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Hopefully the 1.29 will be polished before an official website release.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pflaugh