Uniden R7 - Firmware Change-log and Outstanding Issues

4ktv4me

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Sooo...with new Uniden's being announced and starting to ship, does this mean the R7 won't be seeing any upgrades anymore? Other than bug fixes - if and only if necessary - can we expect Uniden to provide any more improvements/features to the R7 platform?

Disco47

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Sooo...with new Uniden's being announced and starting to ship, does this mean the R7 won't be seeing any upgrades anymore? Other than bug fixes - if and only if necessary - can we expect Uniden to provide any more improvements/features to the R7 platform?
I'm pretty sure they are still working on refining autolockouts. Besides that, I wouldn't expect much more improvement.

Bluelinex

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
The r7 is a detector with arrows the r4 does not have that feature. So down the road the r3 will most likely be replaced by the r4 the r7 will continue as Unidens top of the line detector.

Blumagic

PSL +5
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
As of now the R7 is top of the line for Uniden

pjk01

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I just updated my R7 to firmware 1.4 with the new updating software. Boy that was easy compared to other updater. Any idea what the changes are from previous version?

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I just updated my R7 to firmware 1.4 with the new updating software. Boy that was easy compared to other updater. Any idea what the changes are from previous version?
The version number of the firmware changed from 1.37 to 1.40.
That's all folks.
200.gif

Oh, the GPS camera database updated.

Last edited:

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
It was my feeling that the GPS range options had changed also. Perhaps someone could check this as it was based upon a quick review based upon my memory of US137. However, with so many other builds and firmwares I could easily be mistaken.

aradarnut

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
It was my feeling that the GPS range options had changed also. Perhaps someone could check this as it was based upon a quick review based upon my memory of US137. However, with so many other builds and firmwares I could easily be mistaken.
Could you elaborate on what you mean by GPS range options? Thanks

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheDude