Uniden R7 - Firmware Change-log and Outstanding Issues

Bluelinex

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have an especially annoying and stubborn speed sign that my R7 initially locked out and then magically unlocked itself a day later and now it just want lock out period. I refuse to do a manual lockout and it seems to be auto locking normally at other points so I'm not clear what's going on. I've gone by this speed sign multiple days for over a week now too!
Speed signs are not in tune like police radar so your detector will see the signal differently if the frequency changes this is normal. Just lock it out manually and forget about it.

wellfleetion

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Speed signs are not in tune like police radar so your detector will see the signal differently if the frequency changes this is normal. Just lock it out manually and forget about it.
Yeah, that's what I did, locked it out manually.

regisadeglans

Intermediate User
Reaction score
Suggestion: Anyone thought of maybe having an option to turn off the left display and simply make the main display take up the entire screen? I personally don't have the need to see the speed or any of the other functions provided. I rather see the alert information across the entire screen.

wellfleetion

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Suggestion: Anyone thought of maybe having an option to turn off the left display and simply make the main display take up the entire screen? I personally don't have the need to see the speed or any of the other functions provided. I rather see the alert information across the entire screen.
I like that idea.

Shark71

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hello! I just bought my R7 last week and did the latest V 1.35 update. That is all inclusive of the prior updates as well correct? Sorry for the ignorance. It's my first radar detector in probably 20 years. Thanks!

Marty K

Always Driving Vigilantly
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hello! I just bought my R7 last week and did the latest V 1.35 update. That is all inclusive of the prior updates as well correct? Sorry for the ignorance. It's my first radar detector in probably 20 years. Thanks!
Hello, and welcome to the R7 club and the forum!

Yes, that is correct.

wellfleetion

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I swear sometimes when I start my car my R7 starts up automatically as well. Then other times it doesn't. I prefer it does. Why doesn't this happen every time? Or am I somehow mistaken?

Riptide

Recovering M3 Addict
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I swear sometimes when I start my car my R7 starts up automatically as well. Then other times it doesn't. I prefer it does. Why doesn't this happen every time? Or am I somehow mistaken?
If you have it powered via a source that only comes on when the car is started then yes it should start up every time.

wellfleetion

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Cig lighter connection. Maybe there's a random current that fires it up every now and then?
Hmmmm?

Maz3

Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful 🤣
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Cig lighter connection. Maybe there's a random current that fires it up every now and then?
Hmmmm?
Some cigarette lighters are on switched power, others unswitched. My car has both.

If it matters to the detector, my guess is if on a switched the detector will power-up when the car is started/acc turned on.

If on unswitched, and the detector has kicked into Power Save, then less likely to power back up when the car is started, unless the voltage sag is enough to trigger it.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Many cars that have power to accessory socket only when on, cut the power when key turns to start, so that all power is available to the starter.
You would get at least two power on cycles started in rapid succession.
Others, that don't kill power when starting, will show a high voltage drain to the accessory circuit, possibly causing a reboot or low voltage situation.
Either could cause issues dependent on vehicle and multiple factors affecting battery power.

butterman

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Latest firmware has many Honda's clocked at 24.211 *just* outside of the k-block range. This detector never had this issue with previous fw versions

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49