R7 from R3

maxka

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Just got my r7 and had a nice 35.5 local encounter and can say it beats the r3 !! I thought I was gonna bring this thing back hahaha it's a keeper and I don't even think I have the latest firmware installled 121.122.111? Also it's much quieter then the R3 which I like

Last edited:

bslaws

Land of Spuds and Gems.
Advanced User
Reaction score
Encountered a motorcycle shooting CO 33.8 this morning who had someone pulled over already. Because I am working locally this week, I am still running my V1 as well for comparison. (Please don't lecture me about running both, been down that road). I was travelling the same direction as they were. My V1 arrows transferred just as I passed the moto but the R7 was at least an 8th of a mile before it transferred to side and then another 8th mile to rear antenna. Hope this is something that will be addressed with software.
Post automatically merged:
Encountered a motorcycle shooting CO 33.8 this morning who had someone pulled over already. Because I am working locally this week, I am still running my V1 as well for comparison. (Please don't lecture me about running both, been down that road). I was travelling the same direction as they were. My V1 arrows transferred just as I passed the moto but the R7 was at least an 8th of a mile before it transferred to side and then another 8th mile to rear antenna. Hope this is something that will be addressed with software.
@maxka BTW the latest version is v122.123.111. I had to update mine on my wife's computer with Windows 10. Couldn't get the drivers to load on my windows 7 machine.

Last edited:

wellfleetion

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Yeah, with the latest software and the R7 is an accurate beast. As I've said several times now, I love my R7 much more than my R3.
There is no competition and I have zero regrets upgrading.

mattguy10

Keep it under a hundred
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe the arrows were interfering with each other

Juuuuuuuust kidding

fishing66

Advanced User
Reaction score
I am still running my V1 as well for comparison. (Please don't lecture me about running both, been down that road).
Did you know that running two detectors can cause interference? ;-)
:happyanim::hatsoff::razz::supaburn::tiphat::thumbsup::iia::spazface::banme::cheerleader:

In all seriousness, Uniden is working on it.

Last edited:

wayne77

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
My arrows are switching immediately. There was a leo that was on a side road last week. When I was approaching the intersection, the arrows showed he was in front, as I was in the intersection, both side arrows popped up and as soon as I passed the intersection, rear popped up. I went back, did it again and then went back, found the leo. Every singe time I did that the arrows switched immediately within a second or so of needing too. I won't lecture you on running two detectors at the same time but at the very least, try running the R7 alone and see if that solves your issue. It's an easy way to see if you really have an issue.

Rossm812

Constantly Learning...
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
The thing about arrows vs front/rear sensitivity is creating a good balance. Your detector truly could have seen a more 'hot' signal bouncing off the vehicle in front of you from the radar source than directly at it's rear horn if the rear is less sensitive than it should be. If it's too sensitive, the arrows will change too soon or maybe fight back and forth depending on your environment.

A lot goes into the design and programming and it will likely take some time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

DrHow

Going “Plaid” ASAP (Tesla S) RDT refugee
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrow transition and accurate awareness is not where it should be yet. With that said, love the R7. Will he using today again for 3 hour tour (not to Gilligan’s Island, Ha Ha). For past few weeks it continues to be a first choice. I also do not feel embarrassed with passengers (like R3) dealing with tons of false alerts. The R7 has been very good. I will have two of my engineers and one PMP with me today, they are picky sort. Not into false alert distractions.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
splash94me