Uniden R7 "out of stock"

jehangt3

Trying very hard not to get a traffic ticket :(
General User
Reaction score
It's May 4th 2019 and yes the Uniden R7 still shows out of stock on their website :( I know I can get one for cheaper through Amazon or Bestbuy but what if I end up with an earlier or beta version that requires a few bug fixes and refinements? Please advise. thank you.

Last edited:

mattguy10

Keep it under a hundred
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to RDF!

A highly recommended vendor around here is Best Radar Detectors (BRD). The R7 shows to be back in stock 5/7-5/8.

There are some things software wise that Uniden needs to work on and IS working on, but that’s expected with any newly released product.

If you’re worried about bug fixes and refinements hardware wise, if something goes wrong, that’s why there’s a manufacturers warranty.

IPA

Gimme Shelter
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Hope you can score an R7 soon. I think the trouble of returning the unit in exchange for a new one is an acceptable price to pay should something be "wrong" with one you purchase. Uniden is pretty good about customer relations, so you should be taken care of either route you choose.

TeamQuack

s\/\/er\/e
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to RDF!

A highly recommended vendor around here is Best Radar Detectors (BRD). The R7 shows to be back in stock 5/7-5/8.

There are some things software wise that Uniden needs to work on and IS working on, but that’s expected with any newly released product.

If you’re worried about bug fixes and refinements hardware wise, if something goes wrong, that’s why there’s a manufacturers warranty.
Thats where i got mine from, he is also on the forums. Send him a PM and ask him about availability.

surprisinguy

Government can only give what it takes...
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Any issues with the R7 will be (ultimately) fixed with firmware updates down the road. As far as I know the hardware is not going to change.

mattguy10

Keep it under a hundred
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Also OP, BRD ships out of Jackson, NJ and it looks like you’re located in NY, so no tax & free FAST shipping sounds like a great deal to me!

Reactions: IPA

PaSt

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
best buy 2 year replacement program for 60 bucks, my bestbuy was serial 18xx and i will definitely be trading this in within the next 2 years just in case there are better hardware refinements

milkman

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Dmaxguy3

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
best buy 2 year replacement program for 60 bucks, my bestbuy was serial 18xx and i will definitely be trading this in within the next 2 years just in case there are better hardware refinements
Is it that easy to just trade it in for a new one? Or do you have to make up a problem....?

PaSt

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Is it that easy to just trade it in for a new one? Or do you have to make up a problem....?
omg, super easy with best buy, i do it all the time for my workout headphones, no questions asked, but the employees do get curious and ask, i think often times, employees gets to buy em at a discounted rate.

Last few times, I turned in older headsets, and they asked, and I say, nothing is wrong with these, i just upgrade, I wanted something different. same went for my wife, she said nothing wrong, just wanted the complete wireless bose sport.

there is kind of a catch, the replacement plan is technically a full trade in plan for the original cost of what you paid. so if you buy something for 100 bucks, and 2 years later, that item is 60 bucks, you can get that same item in two years, but you will have 40 bucks bestbuy credit. The other catch is the replacement plan is only for the original, and if you want another replacement plan for the new one, you have to buy another replacement plan for the new item. I think its pretty cool, especially for anything with a battery that deteriorates over time, so when i buy headsets, i just trade in every 2 years, almost like leasing items.

Last edited:

maxka

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I got mine from Walmart 2 day free shipping for 599$ they are in stock.

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
In front of you but behind a Rabbit - Hot'Lanta,GA
Welcome to the RD Forum!

Uniden R7 is a top tier RD. Retailers and Manufactures don't sell Betas to the public, so you will NOT get a Beta unit. Could you have to update the firmware, sure, but that is one of the good things about the R7. But remember they do not spot Police cars so you are still open to Lidar and Ka Band Instant On in any one on one encounter where there is no traffic on front of you. Using any other available counter measures? Think about adding Waze to your counter measures.

As others have said: Best Radar Detectors dot net has them in stock

I am the perfect example that old dogs CAN learn new tricks! This Forum is packed with tons of useful information from best detector for where you live and drive mostly (so far there is NOT a single detector that is best for everyone/everywhere), proper mounting possibilities, additional counter measures, fast but intelligent driving habits, and of course Vortex https://www.vortexradar.com videos!

Tons of advice, information, knowledge, and friendly help available on the Forum. Again Welcome.

westwind77

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
It's May 4th 2019 and yes the Uniden R7 still shows out of stock on their website :(
You know that means they are going out of business, right?

(sorry, someone had to say it) :)

All kidding aside, welcome, and follow the advise from others above!

jehangt3

Trying very hard not to get a traffic ticket :(
General User
Reaction score
Thank you very much for all your useful tips and other information.

I guess my patience finally paid off :) it's May 14th today and yes the Uniden R7 is now available on the official Uniden website. I ordered it today and hope to receive the most up-to date and latest unit.

can't wait till it arrives, soo exciting :) PS: just in time before I get on a 7 hour road trip to Canada

Got Jeep

Strange days have found us
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Congratulations. I hope you enjoy it.
Not trying to rain on your parade, but I don't see any value in paying $50 more for it plus $20 shipping on top of that.
If your concern was getting the most up to date unit, BRD has been turning them over with new shipments coming in and has free 2 day shipping.
Stay safe on your road trip.

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Congratulations. I hope you enjoy it.
Not trying to rain on your parade, but I don't see any value in paying $50 more for it plus $20 shipping on top of that.
If your concern was getting the most up to date unit, BRD has been turning them over with new shipments coming in and has free 2 day shipping.
Stay safe on your road trip.
X2, Our last shipment came in directly from the factory to us last week.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
splash94me