Any Lidar testing in Socal?

Bren3dan

Learning to Drive
General User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
@V1Jake just saw the thread. I’m in China rn and didn’t see your thread until I opened up my vpn haha. I wish I could make it to your session, but I won’t be back in the states until aug 1st

Bren3dan

Learning to Drive
General User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm back and still asking if anyone is available for some lidar testing. I looked at my ALP heads today and thought they are a bit too recessed and the angle is not quite right. Curious on how is their performance. I missed a testing session because my schedule could not make it. Grateful for any replies.

riseboi

The Martian
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm back and still asking if anyone is available for some lidar testing. I looked at my ALP heads today and thought they are a bit too recessed and the angle is not quite right. Curious on how is their performance. I missed a testing session because my schedule could not make it. Grateful for any replies.

Bren3dan

Learning to Drive
General User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score

RedRocket

Lidar Shootist
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
@Bren3dan - your NETRADAR install looks highly suspect to be mounted inside the engine bay, your installer is radar clueless it appears from the picture. Make sure it has no metal or uneven plastics pieces in front of it, if so- it's very detrimental & will cause very poor receive sensitivity.
Have one of our members take a look when you meet them for Testing.

Bren3dan

Learning to Drive
General User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
@Bren3dan - your NETRADAR install looks highly suspect to be mounted inside the engine bay, your installer is radar clueless it appears from the picture. Make sure it has no metal or uneven plastics pieces in front of it, if so- it's very detrimental & will cause very poor receive sensitivity.
Have one of our members take a look when you meet them for Testing.
Yeah I noticed that too. I've asked a shop to move it to a better place, will let the fellow members look at it when I get to meet them. Thanks for the headsup!

RedRocket

Lidar Shootist
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I noticed that too. I've asked a shop to move it to a better place, will let the fellow members look at it when I get to meet them. Thanks for the headsup!
1.It should never be mounted either fully or partially behind any metal !
2.Same partial rule applies for plastic- eg: "honeycomb grill", no 1/8,1/4 or 1/2 etc. surface area of plastic.

3.Can be placed behind plastic as long as surface area is flat (not sloping) & of same thickness throughout.- (eg: a Bumper surface).

Last edited:

Bren3dan

Learning to Drive
General User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
1.It should never be mounted either fully or partially behind any metal !
2.Same partial rule applies for plastic- eg: "honeycomb grill", no 1/8,1/4 or 1/2 etc. surface area of plastic.

3.Can be placed behind plastic as long as surface area is flat (not sloping) & of same thickness throughout.- (eg: a Bumper surface).
Thanks for the tips. The radar now is mounted behind the bumper, hopefully the bumper doesn't interfere with the signal too much. Will test it during the test session in Feb!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jnl