Anyone else having their R7 not alert to Laser?

caliq

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I'd guess that placement will have a lot to do with this for some people. Do you mind telling us where yours is mounted?
Sure! It's mounted in the middle of the windshield.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

IPA

Gimme Shelter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Confirmed my TSS sets off my R7. There is no rear detection.

Rossm812

Constantly Learning...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Confirmed my TSS sets off my R7. There is no rear detection.
It may not have detected but the light pipe on top is designed to bring in light from front and back. If you look at it, you can see the two opposing angled refractive sections within the center of the lens.

It's not an effective design being towards the front of the detector, but given ideal placement, it is capable.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

IPA

Gimme Shelter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
It may not have detected but the light pipe on top is designed to bring in light from front and back. If you look at it, you can see the two opposing angled refractive sections within the center of the lens.

It's not an effective design being towards the front of the detector, but given ideal placement, it is capable.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
The detector alerts to laser from the side essentially. There are no arrows on laser to indicate direction as there are on the V1. Also it plays an alert for huge lengths of time after the gun has stopped transmitting.

Rossm812

Constantly Learning...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
The detector alerts to laser from the side essentially. There are no arrows on laser to indicate direction as there are on the V1. Also it plays an alert for huge lengths of time after the gun has stopped transmitting.

Yes, the sensor is on the circuit board pointing straight up and utilizes that light pipe to direct laser (ir) pulses down into the singular sensor. There'd be no way to determine directionality with that. I believe the V1 has two sensors - front and rear. The front one even has a convex focusing lens to gather more of that signal to deliver it into the sensor. I believe that's what makes the V1 so much more sensitive.

And I agree, when hit with my Ultralyte it Alerts for 10 seconds solid or so.

That's what I like about my ALP setup - you can tell the difference between alerting and actively receiving.

Reactions: IPA

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twoods196