ALP Head Mounting Suggestion

hoserama

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
What do you guys think? I have a three head unit coming. Was thinking I may be able to use two, saving one for the rear.

I am thinking of mounting the two here.

5524753101ab2b904312dad3e3742081.jpg

Last edited:

dudeinnz

NZCTG
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I would suggest higher. Also, depending on how common rear shots are in your area, you may need three heads up front. Depends on the measurements.

A few experienced guys should offer up some advice soon, however if two heads, something like below.

Last edited:

hoserama

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I would suggest higher. Also, depending on how common rear shots are in your area, you may need three heads up front. Depends on the measurements.

A few experienced guys should offer up some advice soon, however if two heads, something like below.
View attachment 113806

The only location for a third or middle mounted head would be under the license plate. Above it is a clear plastic shield on the grill which I believe is part of the adaptive cruise control.

I am quickly seeing the need for a 3D printer.

dudeinnz

NZCTG
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
The only location for a third or middle mounted head would be under the license plate. Above it is a clear plastic shield on the grill which I believe is part of the adaptive cruise control.

I am quickly seeing the need for a 3D printer.
@chakeubeam can print and sell you some.

V1Jake

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Too low. Put it in the green marked area

thebravo

Security
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yep the higher spots in green should do nicely, the ehads cover about a 24 inch radious around each of them so if you take a tape measure from the edge of each head to the outside corners make sure it's under 24 inches. Do you know what guns you face (or tell us where you drive)? The dual is generally good for everything less than DE though DE is spreading so at some point you should add a third head so you are covered against it in case it pops up near you... if DE is already in your area then go triple up front.

blah

PSL +5
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
does the TX need to be centered? Could it be placed just to left/right of the badging to protect against dragons?

cbbr

PSL +5
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
If you are worried about cutting the grill, price it. I did and found that I could replace the parts that I cut for $125 or so. I mounted along the lines of the green above and my center TX head is right in between them. And when I sell the car, I will replace the plastic grill parts

hoserama

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Yep the higher spots in green should do nicely, the ehads cover about a 24 inch radious around each of them so if you take a tape measure from the edge of each head to the outside corners make sure it's under 24 inches. Do you know what guns you face (or tell us where you drive)? The dual is generally good for everything less than DE though DE is spreading so at some point you should add a third head so you are covered against it in case it pops up near you... if DE is already in your area then go triple up front.

I live in Houston and haven’t heard of DE here while I know it to be in Dallas... just a matter of time til it comes here. Three heads it is.

hiddencam

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Put the TX here and see if the adaptive cruise still works:

Don't cut the grill. Use Sugru and stick them right on there.
Screenshot 2019-03-31 at 11.10.30 AM.png
Screenshot 2019-03-31 at 11.10.19 AM.png
IMG_0975.jpg

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tap053