I say the R3 does pick up Laser scatter...

crabu2

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
This morning on my way to work, I picked up some laser. I say it's scatter I picked up because I know this spot, and I couldn't see him for a few seconds and I was actually following pretty close to the car in front of me. MSP sits there on a daily bases, usually just using I/O Ka band. This morning, I was a bit distracted because of the dang BSM from a Honda was driving me a bit crazy.

Would you agree it's scatter?

Rey

LastOfTheMoRicans
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Seems like scatter to me.

If BSM was tweaked a little more the R series would be close to flawless, but every rose has it's thorn...

Posted from my SHT-W09 using the RDF Mobile App!

PDXoriginal

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Looks like scatter, doesn't look like the LEO had a line of sight on you.

I am surprised, I still have not had a single laser alert on my R3, makes me wonder if it does anything.

buzzard767

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Looks like scatter, doesn't look like the LEO had a line of sight on you.

I am surprised, I still have not had a single laser alert on my R3, makes me wonder if it does anything.

I week ago today my TMG let me know I was being blasted by a DragonEye. My R3 was dead quiet.

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
hmmm, looking at the video, he was around a slight bend as you were approaching, so maybe part of his beam happened to go past lead car and hit you, or it bounced off another car's side and hit you. Either way, it does look like you weren't the one targeted, yet you got the alert anyways. That's pretty cool.

lageass

Manufacturer
Beginner User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Honda, Toyota, Volkswagen, Cadillac

Deacon

TXCTG
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Today on my property the R3 out of nowhere started freaking out to laser. Lasted for a good 10 seconds or so. Maybe there was a LEO hiding behind my garage?

Awgd8

Wreckless Me
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I only had one laser scattered alert using my old redline and never with any Uniden LRD, DFR or R’s unit.

This was just a few days ago with my R3.

Jhaggy

On Your Left...
Advanced User
Reaction score
Just curious, what firmware are you running @crabu2 ?

r3MI

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Seems like scatter to me.

If BSM was tweaked a little more the R series would be close to flawless, but every rose has it's thorn...

Posted from my SHT-W09 using the RDF Mobile App!
Good catch on the song.

I have been hit 3 times and the R3 alerted every time, and eveytime I was glad the cop didn't pull out b/c it was to late.

Great Video

Reactions: Rey

Jason Michael Behr

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Today on my property the R3 out of nowhere started freaking out to laser. Lasted for a good 10 seconds or so. Maybe there was a LEO hiding behind my garage?

I get these a lot.. I will be driving down a dirt road in the middle of no-where and get a Laser alert... I know they are fake but always laugh, what if a cop on a quad or a snowmobile were to pull out? Hahaha

crabu2

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Just curious, what firmware are you running @crabu2 ?

This was 1.48.

I'm kind of on the fence with it.. not because of the laser, but because of K band.

On FW 1.37, K band set at 50% was very good. WIth 1.48 on 50%, I feel like I'm going to crap myself, when I see legit K band radar. For example, I was cruising up US 1, in PA yesterday and K band went off at all 5 bars. Saw the LEO within 2 or 3 seconds with his lights on pulling someone over on the other side of the road. I'd push it higher to maybe 70%, but I get even more falses with it and BSM falses drive me nuts. I'd like to go back to 1.37, but I need MRCD since they're using it for speed cams in Baltimore now.. I'm kind of stuck.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jromjr