ALP Firmware 5.5.2/8.2 Release 2/11/19

Eloi

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Painless upgrade done. I suspect that every firmware is adding more effiency in jamming though not explicitely said ...just my thought :350:

Holla

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Painless upgrade done. I suspect that every firmware is adding more effiency in jamming though not explicitely said ...just my thought :350:

Yep Tom has stated that every update improves on Jamming, but not releasing any notes because of competitors watching

FastWgn

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Privacy mode let's you plug in a flash drive which then gets turned into a key for the system. As long as the flash drive is plugged in, the system works normally. When it is unplugged, the system goes into parking only mode and cannot be changed from that mode unless the USB is reinserted.

I thought that was the anti theft mode?

Tom - maybe you can help - what is USB Privacy mode?

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Privacy mode let's you plug in a flash drive which then gets turned into a key for the system. As long as the flash drive is plugged in, the system works normally. When it is unplugged, the system goes into parking only mode and cannot be changed from that mode unless the USB is reinserted.

Yes, I use privacy mode, and that's how it works.

I believe anti-theft mode means it won't work at all (even as a parking sensor) without the USB key

Autotech198

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

I believe anti-theft mode means it won't work at all (even as a parking sensor) without the USB key
Start contacting the automotive engineers. Let them know their radar and laser systems are interfering with your parking system and setting off your radar detector. I drove a new 2019 Altima and some interference caused it to slam on the dam brakes on the highway, in the ice, causing me to lose control of the car! I have 6 independent witnesses and was reimbursed for the full rental and a $500 credit for my next rental. I don't know if it was a kid with a laser pointer or another car. But these systems are dangerous and stupid and deserve lawsuits. If you have these systems in your car, turn them off or remove them. I almost flipped that car over! As far as alp, only turn alp on if your going to be spirit riding, and a short second jam to kill time. This is a good practice, I've been using for years to preserve function

Last edited:

Patton250

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
So we update on faith...
Um......... pretty much 100% of everything you do in life is based on faith.
Post automatically merged:
Start contacting the automotive engineers. Let them know their radar and laser systems are interfering with your parking system and setting off your radar detector. I drove a new 2019 Altima and some interference caused it to slam on the dam brakes on the highway, in the ice, causing me to lose control of the car! I have 6 independent witnesses and was reimbursed for the full rental and a $500 credit for my next rental. I don't know if it was a kid with a laser pointer or another car. But these systems are dangerous and stupid and deserve lawsuits. If you have these systems in your car, turn them off or remove them. I almost flipped that car over! As far as alp, only turn alp on if your going to be spirit riding, and a short second jam to kill time. This is a good practice, I've been using for years to preserve function
Don’t you think that we should keep that your little secret?

:ughh:

I’m going to try to forget I even read your post today. It hurt my brain.

Last edited:

Autotech198

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

Don’t you think that we should keep that your little secret?

:ughh:

I’m going to try to forget I even read your post today. It hurt my brain.
It shouldn't hurt. Nissan pulled the car from service, it only had 398 miles on it. Just like alp is able to filter, the automotive engineers can use a different bandwidth. The dealership said the new laser guided assist is still in experimental phase.

Last edited:

Patton250

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
It shouldn't hurt. Nissan pulled the car from service, it only had 398 miles on it. Just like alp is able to filter, the automotive engineers can use a different bandwidth. The dealership said the new laser guided assist is still in experimental phase.
So what you are basically saying is that you inadvertently ( completely by accident ) discovered a fatal flaw in a new system on a car that Nissan engineers couldn’t find with thousands of hours of testing? That’s remarkable.

Seems like a quick way to get parking sensors banned throughout the entire country if they are causing (or might be causing) new “laser guided” cars to slam on their brakes in the middle of a highway.

We have this tick turd lawyer called John Morgan in Florida. You should call him and get a finders fee to what is obviously going to turn into a multibillion dollar lawsuit situation if the car industry switches from radar guided stopping systems to laser guided stopping systems.

Autotech198

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
So what you are basically saying is that you inadvertently ( completely by accident ) discovered a fatal flaw in a new system on a car that Nissan engineers couldn’t find with thousands of hours of testing? That’s remarkable.

Seems like a quick way to get parking sensors banned throughout the entire country if they are causing (or might be causing) new “laser guided” cars to slam on their brakes in the middle of a highway.

We have this tick turd lawyer called John Morgan in Florida. You should call him and get a finders fee to what is obviously going to turn into a multibillion dollar lawsuit situation if the car industry switches from radar guided stopping systems to laser guided stopping systems.
Thousands of hours of testing means? A flaw or malfunction? Don't know? The roads were icy and cruise was on. Next thing you know, brakes applied and spinning occurred. This has nothing to do with jammers. The system ignores lidar sources.

Last edited:

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
You do realize that Nissan's do not use Laser? They use a radar based system and if it slammed on the brakes its anti collision sensors must have saw something in the road that it misinterpreted. ALP or anyone with a laser pointer or laser gun would not cause that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Andrew21

"All Blade, All The Time" RDForum Owner
Administrator
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Guys come on. Lets keep this on topic. This is for the ALP firmware. Not for Nissan cars.

JohnnyE

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Yes, but it is a question of degree. If given a choice between putting faith in a reasonable sounding explanation that appears to justify a conclusion, versus just a conclusion with no explanation provided, I'll take the former.

Autotech198

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Sounds cool to me. Ill be updating my alp this after noon.

Last edited:

Patton250

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yes, but it is a question of degree. If given a choice between putting faith in a reasonable sounding explanation that appears to justify a conclusion, versus just a conclusion with no explanation provided, I'll take the former.
I guess you don’t fly then. :)
Guys come on. Lets keep this on topic. This is for the ALP firmware. Not for Nissan cars.
Sorry man you are correct.

I did the update and everything is perfect. It took care of a couple of problems I had with my system. Everything is running awesome now. Thanks Tom.

FastWgn

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

So. I'm a bit dense.... What is the purpose of that mode?
[scratching my head]......

Good point, which is why you don't HAVE to upgrade... May I assume you are running Windows 95 and iOS 2.1?

;)

JohnnyE

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I guess you don’t fly then. :)

Sorry man you are correct.

I did the update and everything is perfect. It took care of a couple of problems I had with my system. Everything is running awesome now. Thanks Tom.
In fact I do, as passenger and pilot.

We can parse this to the Nth degree, but in summary, I have a preference, not a hard and fast (and unattainable) requirement, for evidence in support of a conclusion, rather than a conclusion offered without supporting evidence. Bear in mind that if I am handed a naked conclusion by a known expert in the field, the fact that an expert offered the conclusion is itself evidence of the veracity of the conclusion. I have fallen prey to products or services that were represented as "better" that turned out not to be. Tell me what something will do, and I will judge whether or not it is "better" for ME. Also, someone who puts facts out there also increases their credibility.

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
So. I'm a bit dense.... What is the purpose of that mode?

Privacy mode - for use in illegal areas/countries where jamming could get you into problems (i.e. like the English dude who got 3 months inside for JTG'ing).

If stopped by the cops for an unwise JTG, remove the USB and hide/destroy or throw out the window, the CPU will only ever do parking mode without it. If the cops impound your car and take away to test to prove you have a jammer (they do this in the UK to build court case evidence), they will have no proof that your parking sensor is anything more than that

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joes761