Defender of Light 📶
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Here is one common speed trap location for both RADAR and LIDAR in Weber County, Utah. This is on interstate 15 right outside of Ogden, UT.

There is a hillcrest that makes seeing ahead difficult if not impossible at one location. UHP use this to their advantage and will sit at the bottom of the otherside (South) of the hillcrest and use LIDAR and RADAR on targets that are heading south. If it's LIDAR, You won't see them until it's too late.

They also use the dip and curve in I-15 and hide under or right around the curve near the overpass for the Exit 341. Heading south, you won't see them until you're within the kill zone. Best tactic here is to have a rabbit and ensure you aren't the fastest on the road in this spot.

Below are two maps with notes, one showing the LIDAR trap that I've encountered numerous times over many years, and the other showing the locations I've found them hiding running RADAR over the years.

K2727

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Can confirm. And they use it all, Radar, Lidar, multiple cars, everything. There is also usually someone hiding on the north side of the I-84 overpass just south of this map, usually hitting NB traffic from behind. It's a good idea to be really careful going either direction from Riverdale Rd. to 24th St.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbl470