ALP acting crazy

Wareagle1520

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I keep getting alerts for poliscan. It's always from behind and pro mode shows it to continue scanning even after the time out. It's happened several times between Mobile AL and just North of Atlanta GA. It's thought at first maybe it could have been some kind of vehicle behind me with laser cruise control, but now that it's happened on a different day I think something else may be going on. Any ideas?

thebravo

Security
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Could be the beginning of a head failing. sometimes when a head is going bad it will start falsing poliscan. has it thrown any error 2's on you? Do you have poliscan false filtering enabled? if not enable it and it will at least do a better job of filtering out false sources from laser cruise control, toll booths etc.

RadarScout

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@Wareagle1520 if you weren't an Auburn fan, you wouldn't be having problems with it. :roflolmao:

FastWgn

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Was there a new Audi behind you? Getting these alerts weekly now - always a new Audi behind of in front....

I wrote about it before, RDForum post about this problem

Last edited:

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
Was there a new Audi behind you? Getting these alerts weekly now - always a new Audi behind of in front....

I wrote about it before, RDForum post about this problem

I FEEL YA BROTHER .. just started 2 days ago.

DAMNNIT NOW I AM GETTING THOSE FALSES TOO
Poliscan and hitting me HARD just like a LEO is Following you down the street. In Pro Mode it acts like a LEO Is targetting only you and for miles

I GOT IT ON VIDEO !!!!!!!!!! FINALLY.
BOTH Times it was a Brand New Hyundai.

Other times it just starts up Poliscan and Hard Hitting Alerts. I usually shut it down drive a little bit ..
FORGET IT's OFF [emoji35][emoji35]... picture a Roadside Profit Disco Dance and then remember to enable it.

I sure hope i don't have a sensor going bad ... sigh
This car, hence system has BARELY been used since i got it running ... Car and ALP system. Maybe 200 miles use b4 the trip to Florida. With roughly 200 miles use on yhr sensor it had to be bad from the get go .... or this is a new type of avoidance hardware on the cars.

Today Im going to reflash the FW. My ALP is unmarried to my RCM ATM.

I miiiiiight have to disable Poliscan.

On my phone so here goes on the video
BRB

Benzr

Posted from my iPhone using the RDF Mobile App!

FastWgn

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Also did the FW install today. We'll see if that helps....

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
New firmware will help with some Poliscan false alerts from the new crop of cars using new Laser Sensors. If you are getting a false with no car behind you it might be the signs of a failing sensor and you can remove one sensor at a time and see if you can narrow it down to a particular sensor.

benzr

Advanced User
Reaction score
Always a car behind me ... snd Always Rear Poliscan. Starting to think that Expedition that hit me couple nights ago was a collision avoidance False too.
Same EXACT SCENARIO. Being those heads/system is basically new and never used ... that would also Lean me in that direction.
Thats unfortunate the more we evolve ... the Car Manufacturers can unknowingly defeat it. Thanks Tom I know you're on it

benzr

Advanced User
Reaction score
IMG_1957.JPG

ARRRRRGGGGGGG ... Video wont load ...

I give up. I 'll reflash and maybe disable Poliscan until we get a fix.

So far its NEW Hyundai and

((NEW Expedition(might have been real.))

Dunno now ... sigh.

Benzr

Last edited:

benzr

Advanced User
Reaction score
Test

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
It would also be nice if we started a where are Poliscan Systems used? In the US the only place I was able to verify Poliscan in use was in Maryland. If you know its not in your area Poliscan can be turned off.

benzr

Advanced User
Reaction score
Edit

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
At the risk of being defensive towards Audi's, the problem is not with them, but with ALP.

Its not as simple as you might think. The new Audi Systems have various different pulse outputs and its strengh is nothing like we have seen before on a vehicle. Anti Laser acquired a new Audi and have been working on it for weeks and there will be another update with more filtering specific to these cars in the future, The simple solution if Poliscan is not used in your area is just turn it off and it will be quiet.

angrypenguin

SysOp
SysOp
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Its not as simple as you might think. The new Audi Systems have various different pulse outputs and its strengh is nothing like we have seen before on a vehicle. Anti Laser acquired a new Audi and have been working on it for weeks and there will be another update with more filtering specific to these cars in the future, The simple solution if Poliscan is not used in your area is just turn it off and it will be quiet.

Thanks Tom. Is there any concern as far as jamming performance against DE or other lidar guns given these new systems?

FastWgn

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
It would also be nice if we started a where are Poliscan Systems used? In the US the only place I was able to verify Poliscan in use was in Maryland. If you know its not in your area Poliscan can be turned off.

I agree with this. I have not seen a real threat like this - but I don;t know. I drive in Mass (mainly), NH, ME, CT.

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Thanks Tom. Is there any concern as far as jamming performance against DE or other lidar guns given these new systems?

If your installing any Jammer on a new Audi with these systems it will certainly compromise the Audi itself from Jamming but its something we are working on and hope to have something for these users in the next few months.

JohnnyE

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Always a car behind me ... snd Always Rear Poliscan. Starting to think that Expedition that hit me couple nights ago was a collision avoidance False too.
Same EXACT SCENARIO. Being those heads/system is basically new and never used ... that would also Lean me in that direction.
Thats unfortunate the more we evolve ... the Car Manufacturers can unknowingly defeat it. Thanks Tom I know you're on it

I find it ironic that a system designed to prevent rear-end collisions may actually help cause them...when the lead car's ALP alerts to Poliscan and the driver spikes the brakes!
Just another reason for me to be "proud" to be in Merryland...ugh...

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members