Connecting YaV1 to Two Different Detectors

Cfrance

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi All,

I currently have a V1 setup with YaV1 in my daily driver. I am getting ready to purchase a second car and will be installing a detector in that car asap.

My question is, if I get another V1, will I be able to run both detectors with the YaV1 app? (not at the same time obviously lol)
My goal is to have it setup so whichever car I get into I just have to start it up and go and my phone and detector connect automatically and I don't even have to think about it.

Thanks!

protias

Retired CM enthusiast / Train Horn Advocate
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, you just need to pair your phone with each adapter (unless you are making it portable to switch between cars). Just push the settings to each V1.

BMWBig6

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use the app with 3 different cars, and I think YaV1 even uses the same lockout database for all units so you get the filtering benefit no matter which vehicle you drive. I recommend buying a 2nd detector if you can afford it, because the one time you forget to move the V1 between cars is going to be the one time you need it most.

Cfrance

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Yes, I do plan on purchasing a second detector so I don't have to move the detector between cars.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sightline