Technical and customer support

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I purchased this unit from USA and i live in Israel.Now i want to update it to local database and looks like Israel distributor is not allowed it by install on Israel units different firmware,So please help with that please, cause i don't have here any supporting from local distributor ,he want that i will by only from him,and the price here is twice that the price in states.From some reason Uniden is not answering me in their web site

Have a look at this thread :) ;

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I purchased this unit from USA and i live in Israel.Now i want to update it to local database and looks like Israel distributor is not allowed it by install on Israel units different firmware,So please help with that please, cause i don't have here any supporting from local distributor ,he want that i will by only from him,and the price here is twice that the price in states.From some reason Uniden is not answering me in their web site

With the help of some other guys in Israel we have already created a better database for the Uniden detectors. I can also convert the IS R7 database into a format which will suit your US version. Please send me a PM and I can build the files for you.

Bluelinex

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Great idea.
Just want to say if Uniden offered current R3/R1 users a paid hardware upgrade option to allow their unit to scan the full MRCD frequency I would gladly pay for the upgrade & I'm sure others on this forum would join me. Although I'm still using FW 1.37 since I don't encounter MRCD in my daily area.
I can tell you first hand the R3 & R7 do a very good job detecting MRCD/CT. They pick up all the speed cam signals on Staten Island when the cam is broadcasting. I just wish Uniden would update their data base more than 2 or 3 times a year.

draneuS

General User
Reaction score
Trying to cancel my R7 order... 15 days later still no answer and it got shipped. I don't want to pay the return fees since I live in Canada. Customer support > PM please. I beg you LOL.

Thanks.

Isst

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I've been a R7 user for about a year now and love the detector. I have two Blendmounts; one in each vehicle. I've been switching back and forth with the detector and wanted to purchase another R7. I bought one on sale at Best Buy only to find that it didn't fit the blend mount. Totally don't understand as the original R7 fits perfectly on both mounts. The new one was too difficult to slide onto the mount. I have read that this has happened to another person on this forum. So my question is ... should I try to purchase another detector or are all the new one's not going to fit onto the blend mount? Thanks

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I've been a R7 user for about a year now and love the detector. I have two Blendmounts; one in each vehicle. I've been switching back and forth with the detector and wanted to purchase another R7. I bought one on sale at Best Buy only to find that it didn't fit the blend mount. Totally don't understand as the original R7 fits perfectly on both mounts. The new one was too difficult to slide onto the mount. I have read that this has happened to another person on this forum. So my question is ... should I try to purchase another detector or are all the new one's not going to fit onto the blend mount? Thanks
Try a small drop of vegetable oil on the mount areas on the tight one, and try sliding it on and off several times.
I've done that to a few....

nineballrakm

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
DFR 6 "Disconnected" problem.
I am trying to update firmware 1.10e from 1.00 on my daughters Uniden DFR 6. When I connect the detector to the driver it then alerts "Disconnected". I have downloaded my R1 and R7 (although different USB cord) successfully so I know it's not the driver or USB cable problem. What's going on and/or what I am doing wrong?

Jawfl

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Were you able to resolve your issue? If not, I recommend checking with Uniden customer support to verify that they are still supporting firmware updates for the DFR6. The drivers that you have installed may not be the problem. It may be that the firmware and/or firmware installer for the DFR6 is no longer supported even though they still show up on Uniden’s firmware download website.

Blackwidow

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
It's been two weeks since I placed the order for an R7. When will it be shipped out? I have already phoned Uniden customer service multiple times but I still have not received any shipping information. What is going on?

RayC

Driving
Beginner User
Reaction score
It's been two weeks since I placed the order for an R7. When will it be shipped out? I have already phoned Uniden customer service multiple times but I still have not received any shipping information. What is going on?
I have not heard of any delays. What did customer service say? They have been pretty good when I have called in the past. I don't think they monitor the forums any longer so this may not be the place to find out.

djkeczap

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I thought it would be a good idea to start a specific thread to consolidate people's questions and save me some leg work in patrolling the forums here to give people help. I would love to see things like warranty questions, possible defective units, finding the right product and setup questions here. Some things I will respond to directly, but If i suspect we may need to exchange personal information, I will direct message you. A few caveats for this thread:

1. lets keep it on topic I encourage people to ask and even answer questions, but lets avoid having conversations in the thread.
2. This is not the place for firmware questions, testing or reporting of issues. Those should be posted in other threads (of which there are many already) or direct messaged to me.
3. I don't care if your issue is in another thread. If you need help with replacement parts, are questioning if you need to send your unit in for repair, or it's just acting weird, put it here.
4. Some products are old enough that we do not have support information for them. I will let you know if this is the case

Lastly, I will put some support information here and I encourage you to use it as per my recommendations or if you preemptively suspect it is the best course of action:

Uniden Website:
Home-Main - Uniden

Customer service/Tech Support number:
1800-297-1023

Repair information:
Uniden - Online Repair Form

Uniden manual search:
Uniden Support - Downloads and Manuals
You can ask for updates in which it will be ----- There is another new option “Extended” that detects signals below 24.050 (23.900 – 24.250GHz). This new option is to detect the radar guns operating with signals below 24.050GHz. ?? Uniden R3

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
You can ask for updates in which it will be ----- There is another new option “Extended” that detects signals below 24.050 (23.900 – 24.250GHz). This new option is to detect the radar guns operating with signals below 24.050GHz. ?? Uniden R3
It's already available for the NZ market where they have low frequency Redflex cameras ;

complete with full Ka 33.4 - 36.0 GHz and 10 segments

djkeczap

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
It's already available for the NZ market where they have low frequency Redflex cameras ;

complete with full Ka 33.4 - 36.0 GHz and 10 segments
I have had mrcd in Europe for a long time and anti-radar systems cannot cope with it

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have had mrcd in Europe for a long time and anti-radar systems cannot cope with it
We are more lucky in Western Australia, MRCT only, easier to detect the MRCD and 24.075 - 24.175 GHz

djkeczap

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
We are more lucky in Western Australia, MRCT only, easier to detect the MRCD and 24.075 - 24.175 GHz
quite high frequency of the mat. I have less than 24.00 ghz and therefore uniden is not very good at it, what I showed in the movies in poland

djkeczap

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
do you have uniden instalke for your country?
I would try to upload and check with MRCD detection

Sonic Mustang

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I have a brand new R3 and the suction cups supplied on the windshield mount appear to be very different than what's illustrated on Uniden's website and in every video I've seen online. They're milky white in color and thick walled.

In order to attach the mount to my windshield, I have to exert a lot of force to flatten the cups against the glass. There's no way to do that with the mount attached to the detector. If I press the mount against the windshield and then attach the detector, I wind up scratching the plastic lens on the front of the detector because the slot for the mount is not recessed from the lens.

If I attempt to attach the detector to the windshield with the mount in place I have to exert enough pressure to bend the mount into a shallower angle and wind up with the detector pointing at the ground. These suction cups can't be right.

I spoke with two different people at Uniden Customer support, including a supervisor. One said she could send me a mount. I asked if the suction cups I have are correct. She didn't know. She wasn't provided with that information. I asked if Uniden doesn't know, who does? I asked if the mount she offered to send me would have the same cups. She didn't know.

The second customer service representative opined the suction cups sound like heavy duty ones. I asked if they are the correct ones. She said sometimes units purchased through Amazon have non standard accessories. She asked for my email and told me that I would get an email within "48 business hours." I said, "8 hours in a business day, so that's six days. I won't get an email from you guys until next week?" "Yes."

Thanks, Uniden!

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
In order to attach the mount to my windshield, I have to exert a lot of force to flatten the cups against the glass. There's no way to do that with the mount attached to the detector. If I press the mount against the windshield and then attach the detector, I wind up scratching the plastic lens on the front of the detector because the slot for the mount is not recessed from the lens.
This is typical of the Uniden R1 and R3. You have to adjust the mount without the detector attached so you don't break anything. Once you have it how you like it, you attach the mount to the windshield and then attach the detector. Take your time when you attach it and you won't scratch the condenser lens, not that it would matter besides aesthetically if you did.

As far as the suction cups, I might actually be pretty happy to get some HD ones. They may even hold better than the normal ones. If you still think it's a problem, just tell CS that you think the cups are defective and I bet they send you a new mount at no cost.

Sonic Mustang

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
This is typical of the Uniden R1 and R3. You have to adjust the mount without the detector attached so you don't break anything. Once you have it how you like it, you attach the mount to the windshield and then attach the detector. Take your time when you attach it and you won't scratch the condenser lens, not that it would matter besides aesthetically if you did.

As far as the suction cups, I might actually be pretty happy to get some HD ones. They may even hold better than the normal ones. If you still think it's a problem, just tell CS that you think the cups are defective and I bet they send you a new mount at no cost.
Thanks. You know more about it than Uniden. As I wrote, Customer Support couldn't tell me if the cups I have are correct nor could they tell me if a replacement mount would be the same. All I know is the cups pictured on their site and in every video of an R3 are black, flatter and appear to have a thinner wall. I'm still trying to get over the "up to 48 business" hours to get an email. 48 business hours as in 6 business days.

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Maybe post a picture for us?

When they released the R7, they went to a better, taller and thicker clear-ish white suction cup. I doubt the thinner black ones would hold an R7 for long. They may have used up their stock on the black cups and just consolidated part numbers to use the same cups from the R7 on the R1 and R3. That would make sense to me. The black ones were nothing to write home about.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49