Planning ahead, always behind.
- Jun 7, 2019
- Reaction score
- Prince George, B.C. Canada
The reasons I got an R3?In my opinion the worst thing Uniden did was add MRCD to the R1/3. It simply doesn’t have the hardware to get the job done at full capacity. It took away focus from BSM, etc...
With the above being said, it’s would be unrealistic to put out a new firmware without MRCD. That would be a take back. I would like to see the 24.196 notch filter added to the R1/3. Until then, 1.37 for my R3 which is now my spare.
1) It has MRCD, even if it is a work in progress
2) Very powerful performance
3) GPS lockouts
4) As good as most others of this sensitivity dealing with BSM and falses
5) Uniden updates bring improvements faster than expected for the industry
6) Audio output plug for motorcycle use
7) All of the above at half the price E brand equivalents.
Any one of the above would have disqualified the R3 from my selection.
So MRCD (good or bad) got them a customer.
Can't fault Uniden for that strategy.
Post automatically merged:
Awesome idea.yup or auto-mute or auto low volume for 24.200+/- 0.02 or whatever, if segmentation isn't an option in case some people have true threats at that frequency.
Ability to auto mute a specific frequency.
When beside a car in the hated BSM range, lock out that frequency for a muted or visual only alert. Essentially a manual KBlock.