Taking a look at the new TMG's

kyle13

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Is there anyway we can preorder these? I’m so pumped there’s something new and affordable coming to the market!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Perhaps a good practice would be to route cables the long way instead of bundling. I'm looking forward to installing a system myself!

Eloi

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I think there is more than EM interference here.
Anyone who opened a computer knows how crowded it is .
Moreso the glitch stayed after stretching the cables.
This system should be investigated by Tmg ...i dont think Vortex made an error of manipulation after all the experience he has.

Vancity23

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I think if you read again when he streached them out, it didnt happen,

Vancity23

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Voice audio and the timing of Auto-kill is not in sync,due to longer gun identification audio. I recommended a while back to shorten the longer gun id's.Average Auto-kill time i tested was 3-5 seconds.

Jag42, can the voice audio of the gun ID be turned off completely (I know it will be nice to know what you got shot with) as an option?

beaker

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
...this was just an issue with testing on my patio table which isn't necessarily realistic.
You've probably already though of this, but just in case: when I was bench testing my ALPs I was getting weird results; sometimes it would startup fine, sometimes not. I thought that I had a bad CPU or a bad head, but the problem was that I had the head laying on the table, and the CPU would see one of the heads as being blocked due to the reflection and wouldn't start up. When I moved the heads to the edge of the table, with plenty of space between them, everything worked fine.

acsclio

Advanced User
Reaction score
Editing the video now.

I found out today something that really surprised me and almost had me boxing the jammer up and sending it back thinking it was a bad unit, but it turned out to be my mistake. I had gotten everything set up on my table and was about to start recording the video, but the jammers weren't alerting to laser whatsoever. I shot it with multiple guns and nothing. Nada. I saw this last night too and it really concerned me. Jammers not responding to laser and not alerting the user is a massive issue. Luckily Ming figured it out.

It turns out there's an issue if you don't unwrap the cables. Take a look at this setup photo...

View attachment 86631

You'll notice the cables for the heads are still twist tied together as they came straight out of the box. Turns out if you do that, the cables generate a magnetic field that causes communication interference within the cables and so the heads can't function properly. Once you unwind the cables and stretch them out like they'd be installed in a vehicle, they respond just fine.

Just wanted to share this in case you guys run into this issue as well once you guys get your systems and do a little initial bench testing.

You'll notice the photo that I'd posted earlier shows the cables straightened out.

www.rdforum.org: Taking a look at the new TMG's

This was after Ming identified the issue and thus I was a go for shooting the video. Thank you Ming!!!

@Vortex
also make sure that you update with the alg2 at the app .That is the lasted fw . also eliminate almost all the false alert..

Eloi

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I think if you read again when he streached them out, it didnt happen,
" video, only one of my heads was functional, despite both cables being uncoiled"

Jag42

USA TMG a-15 Dealer - PM me
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
If i have time after dinner, i will test this out further. I recall myself having troubles alerting on my kitchen island,with the bundles a few months ago. Once i stretched the cables out really good,and reset the cpu. they worked fine.I forgot what happened until Vortex brought it up,cause i thought the reset fixed it. After looking this morning, I can tell you some of my wires are bunched up behind my glove box,and behind the dash. I have never had an issue not alerting. I have changed only my heads out 5-6 times already,using the same cables.I will probably replace my cables every 2 years anyway.They alert Laser at 1,600ft+ easily. I plan on doing long range testing later on a 2 mile course.
@Brainstorm69 and i can do some Waco Laser testing,when things cool down.

thanks

for all the fish
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
.I will probably replace my cables every 2 years anyway
Just curious, why? I know for many changing cables through the firewall is a PITA!, to the point when new connections were introduced users would find workarounds to running new cables.... Pulling new cables is a last resort for many!

FoxStang

Sly fox, dumb bunny.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Any chance a ferrite choke would eliminate the interference in the cable?

Jag42

USA TMG a-15 Dealer - PM me
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Just curious, why? I know for many changing cables through the firewall is a PITA!, to the point when new connections were introduced users would find workarounds to running new cables.... Pulling new cables is a last resort for many!

I just remove my glovebox, and pull the plug out,and run the wires. Ming and i installed the 3rd dual diode back in May in the hotel parking lot. Luckily it takes 5-10 min. I got lucky on this car.

Phantom Z3

The new kid on the block...
Advanced User
Reaction score
I just remove my glovebox, and pull the plug out,and run the wires. Ming and i installed the 3rd dual diode back in May in the hotel parking lot. Luckily it takes 5-10 min. I got lucky on this car.
I wired in an analog oil pressure guage (more like plumbed) and it was a dream.

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Just finished with the overview video for the jammers. It'll go live once TMG is ready to launch. :)

I just retested the system to see which cable is causing the issue and to send it back, both both of them seem to be working just fine today...

Autotech198

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Just finished with the overview video for the jammers. It'll go live once TMG is ready to launch. :)

I just retested the system to see which cable is causing the issue and to send it back, both both of them seem to be working just fine today...
76b98980dda98092197e643e2e4e1a90.gif

Alien crosstalk is caused by interference on a cable pair from a pair in an adjacent cable. Off topic, but this is a popular reason your netflix freezes and you have wifi issues at home as well. This is a major issue. This needs to be brought to the attention of engineering. YOU WILL FRY A HEAD AND OR THE UNIT, JUST LIKE A BAD ALP CABLE DOES. I guarantee if this issue is fixed, you will have a MUCH better performing operation. I would even suggest a noise filter on your ground cable.

Last edited:

beaker

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
this is a popular reason your netflix freezes and you have wifi issues at home as well
Yeah, I'm going to need you to provide some backup on that. Properly shielded cables don't have this issue.

EDIT: Just noticed your diagram says "UTP". I don't know for sure, but I'd assume the TMG cables are shielded.

Last edited:

hammerdown

The North remembers....
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm going to need you to provide some backup on that. Properly shielded cables don't have this issue.

EDIT: Just noticed your diagram says "UTP". I don't know for sure, but I'd assume the TMG cables are shielded.

Agree. I'm no expert on this but from my understanding most modern cables are shielded to prevent just such a thing.

Autotech198

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Agree. I'm no expert on this but from my understanding most modern cables are shielded to prevent just such a thing.
I thought so too. When the tech uncluttered all my wires and installed shorter coax and shorter cat 6 cables, all issues fixed, he explained that quality shielding helps but to a point. I was ready to buy a new dvd and router before they came out. On the tmg unit, alien cross talk applies to any data cable. Thats the only diagram I could find at the time to explain things better.

hammerdown

The North remembers....
Advanced User
Reaction score
I thought so too. When the tech uncluttered all my wires and installed shorter coax and shorter cat 6 cables, all issues fixed, he explained that quality shielding helps but to a point. I was ready to buy a new dvd and router before they came out. On the tmg unit, alien cross talk applies to any data cable. Thats the only diagram I could find at the time to explain things better.

Interesting. hopefully @Vortex can put this theory to the test with the TMG cables and see if we have an issue.

If such an issue with the cables does exist one might be able to easily solve it by running the wires individually in some insulated wire loom... But I would agree that that's not something the end user should have to do and would be a big disappointment if thats the case.

I'm sure if there is an issue with the cables Ming will solve it.

EDIT: @Vortex - What is the cable thickness difference between the TMG and the ALP cables?

The TMG appears to be quite a bit thinner... Perhaps the ALP cable has more shielding?

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
decay