V1 - BSM filtering better w/ 3.8952?

Buz

Old School Member
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Anyone have real world experience with all three versions 3.893, 3.894 & 3.8952 as far as BSM filtering ability?
3.893 has been around a long time. I’m wondering if the algorithms that were used for BSM filtering in version 3.893 are still exactly the same as what’s in a brand new 3.8952? Logic would say they’ve improved Junk K fighter since early versions of 3.893.
I hear some people rave about how good their V1 is with BSM filtering, but honestly I can’t make my 15 minute commute to or from work without at least one BSM punching through.(v 3.894) Mazda, Chrysler, Acura, GM, Mercedes, etc.
Are the people raving about how good the filtering is all running 3.8952? Don’t want to start a conspiracy, so I’d like to hear from people who’ve had more than one of these versions including a recent 3.8952.

pgsurface

PSL+10...ish
Beginner User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have had experience with all three... 3.894 & 3.8952 are semi-noticeably better than 3.893.

With 3.8952 you will still have Mazda's, GM's (especially Buick SUV's) and Acura's punch through... that being said, in area's where I used to get 7-9 K bogeys on 3.894, I only get 1-2 on 3.8952.. (not BSM's, but door openers..)

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
A tiny bit of K-Mute (bare minimum settings) goes a long way. Do you have K-Mute on?

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
I should also extend that to say "Junk-K" alone isn't enough.

You really need Junk-K + K-Mute + Savvy + GPSMute + AutoSnooze to manage K.

AutoSnooze -> to avoid "BSM repeats", it only takes one BSM Punch through vehicle that you are stuck near to have a long "bad" commute.
AutoSnooze automatically locks out a thin slice until it's "All Clear" (for a good while, stays active even when it momentarily goes absent).
Think of it as dynamic temporary GPSMute. Once you are all clear the lockout range is removed. Your not locking out other Bands or portions of K band (as you would with a manual mute) while in this state.
So it's quiet and SAFE. With no user action needed.

You MUST use some (minimal) K-Mute for many of the cases above to truly keep things quiet (no mute lag), they work in Tandem.

Last edited:

Buz

Old School Member
Intermediate User
Reaction score
A tiny bit of K-Mute (bare minimum settings) goes a long way. Do you have K-Mute on?
Always been a 30 second K mute person. As long as I can remember.
It’s not the alert noise that bothers me about BSM’s.

cihkal

♟️ WWG1WGA ⛈️
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I do and I didn't notice a significant different between 3.8945 and 3.8952. certainly a huge difference between 3.893 because it didn't have junk-k fighter.

What's as huge as the junk-k fighter update is V1-Driver. A must have for anyone as it makes the V1 one of the top units to purchase, and better yet you can try it for free!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
Always been a 30 second K mute person. As long as I can remember.
It’s not the alert noise that bothers me about BSM’s.

That's why I moved V1 (actually the CD) out of line of site and set K mute short (along with all the other ways the app mutes it).
I don't look at the display unless it audibly tells me to.

camkuhns

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a 3.893 version and it does pretty good,(in my opinion), when the junk filter is on. Seems to cut the K band falses down. It doesn’t have the BSM filter in it as the latest firmware version does so I do pick up BSM signals every so often. I counter that using V1 Connection, the app and it does well muting whatever falses I come across.

Buz

Old School Member
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I do and I didn't notice a significant different between 3.8945 and 3.8952. certainly a huge difference between 3.893 because it didn't have junk-k fighter.
Thank you for the clarification.
So then to refine the question: Has anyone noticed a difference between a 3.894 vs. a new 3.8952 as far as BSM punch through?

pgsurface

PSL+10...ish
Beginner User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the clarification.
So then to refine the question: Has anyone noticed a difference between a 3.894 vs. a new 3.8952 as far as BSM punch through?

My 3.8952 seems "slower" on K-band than my 3.894, but I'm subjectively speaking... Regardless, they both alert to BSM's from GM's, Acuras, etc. just the same... No discernible difference, if you ask me.

Reactions: Buz

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i90don90