Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

Vahomboy

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have a question regarding mounting locations in my car. I drive a 2019 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback and am wanting to mount my V1G2 on the left side of my rear view mirror behind the frits. My question is this, due to the car being a hatchback when the detector is mounted that high the rear is not in line of sight of the back glass. Does this matter as far as sensitivity for rear detection? View attachment 161609
I don't have a Honda but my windshield is very similar with the "dots" seen here but on a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I've been looking for some static cling tint to match to cut out to fit around this. Now the V1 will still adhere to factory dots area which is inside the windshield and presently mounts there with no issues. Do you guys know of any of this material and where to buy? I prefer it to be static cling and long enough to cover without splicing it. I've found some on Amazon but a tad bit short in making it a one piece
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DNZTSLJ/?tag=rdf0cd0c-20

Attachments

• V1 JGC.jpg
    V1 JGC.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 91

keithsimp

Learning to Drive
Premium Plus
General User
Reaction score
My version for mounting the V1Gen2 w/JVB1.
Blendmount w/mirror tap
Ram Grip X w/ Hondo Garage Un-Holey Tacoma dash mount

Suction cup mounts are useless in Colorado when going from 5,280 ft. to 10k ft in elevation. Everything ends up on the floor board.

Attachments

• 41D7B40A-20D3-4B46-B266-A4CC2AC8D3C7.jpeg
    41D7B40A-20D3-4B46-B266-A4CC2AC8D3C7.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 91

jcrocketman

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
I tried the valentine permanent windshield mount from ebay, but the rake of my windshield was too much for the mount and it looked like hell. No matter what I tried I couldn’t get it to work for me. I ended up taking an R7 permanent mount with 3M VHB that I had bought on ebay and modified it by drilling a hole in the medal tab and using a flush mounted screw into the V1 visor mount. I used a flush mount screw head so there was no contact with the V1. The R7 permanent mount allows the rake to be adjusted by bending the tab. This allowed me to place the V1 up high and tight against my headliner and it is rock solid up there. I run that in dark mode and installed a concealed display tucked in between my console and dash.

Attachments

• IMG_0038.jpeg
    IMG_0038.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0034.jpeg
    IMG_0034.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 127

gbriggs82

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I don't have a Honda but my windshield is very similar with the "dots" seen here but on a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I've been looking for some static cling tint to match to cut out to fit around this. Now the V1 will still adhere to factory dots area which is inside the windshield and presently mounts there with no issues. Do you guys know of any of this material and where to buy? I prefer it to be static cling and long enough to cover without splicing it. I've found some on Amazon but a tad bit short in making it a one piece

I can’t get mines to stick to the dots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
In front of you but behind a Rabbit - Hot'Lanta,GA

Take a piece of thin black plastic slightly wider then the suction cups. Cut the end off so it is just slightly longer than the width of the two suction cups IE on both the length and width you want to have enough extra room so the suction cups are all on the plastic and it is easy to position. Now cut a piece of VBH to match the plastic strip, apply to the plastic and push the strip down on the Frits. I always let it go a day before using it, that is up to you. After the day, use a damp cloth to wet the cups than stick the cups to the black plastic. No more dots!

Enjoy!

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

Use steel wool to rough up the surface of the fritz. Also make sure to clean the glass well to remove all the buildup of pollition that accumulates naturally on the inside of the glass.

Bossdad71

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I tried the valentine permanent windshield mount from ebay, but the rake of my windshield was too much for the mount and it looked like hell. No matter what I tried I couldn’t get it to work for me. I ended up taking an R7 permanent mount with 3M VHB that I had bought on ebay and modified it by drilling a hole in the medal tab and using a flush mounted screw into the V1 visor mount. I used a flush mount screw head so there was no contact with the V1. The R7 permanent mount allows the rake to be adjusted by bending the tab. This allowed me to place the V1 up high and tight against my headliner and it is rock solid up there. I run that in dark mode and installed a concealed display tucked in between my console and dash.
that's a nice set up
Post automatically merged:

is that under the dots?

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
A glittery frit.

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Col4bin

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
His auto correct probably changed the S to a Z. The black dots high on the upper part of the windshield are called "Frit" so plural is "Frits" which his autocorrect probably changed to a Z.

Ahhhhh either way I had no idea what they were called but I know what they are now! Thank you LOL. Less confused.

Vahomboy

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

Sorry I didn't really clarify but my "dots" seem to be in between the two pieces of glass because you can't feel mine.

gbriggs82

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I just got hit with laser with it mounted high the laser detection is pretty good

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I just got hit with laser with it mounted high the laser detection is pretty good

Even a broken clock is correct twice a day as my Grandfather always told me. Plus a blind squirrel still finds a nut every once in awhile as my father told me. And as I told my son, Radar Detectors are called Radar Detectors because they are not actually safe Lidar Detectors.

Ever notice that not one single Radar Detector manufacture say that they detector Lidar, they say they detect laser which is also why they False to so many things or never even alert to Lidar!

Bloovy One

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
That seems too fatalistic.
Many people have gotten lidar alerts with their detectors. (not saying that it happens in time to do anything about the alert)

It could be from a brief overshot from a vehicle in front of you or slight hand movement on the part of the officer. It could be reflections in some cases. Aiming lidar is not always an exact behavior where the officer has the time and ability to hit only the center mass and nothing else at all every vehicle all day long.

Many have reported that the V1's are great at getting alerts even mounted high.

Last edited:

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
That seems too fatalistic.
Many people have gotten lidar alerts with their detectors. (not saying that it happens in time to do anything about the alert)

It could be from a brief overshot from a vehicle in front of you or slight hand movement on the part of the officer. It could be reflections in some cases. Aiming lidar is not always an exact behavior where the officer has the time and ability to hit only the center mass and nothing else at all every vehicle all day long.

Many have reported that the V1's are great at getting alerts even mounted high.

Not fatalistic at all! Just the Facts and the Truth so Forum Members (especially new ones) knew for a fact that depending on a Radar Detector to save them from Lidar is a PIPE DREAM !!

Anybody that has has their Parking Sensors tested keeping their R3 or R7 or RL360c on during those runs even with me testing high on the headlights and the tag area knows that those detectors didn't make a peep to Lidar during all that testing and we are talking about repeatedly hammering a vehicle with Lidar for 2000 feet without a single peep!

Yes the V1 and V1G2 tend to do slightly better, but it is still just a ticket notifier 99,998 times out of 100,000!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bloovy One

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I didn't disagree with that. We are talking (in my opinion) about the ability of the V1s to detect laser when mounted high. (Which they do regularly)
I don't think we can imply that gbriggs82 believes anything other what he said.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Benlindsey007