Monkey got a great gift

erickonphoenix

Left Lane Hooligan
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last Blinder firmware update was 2014, it jammed the XLR at that point... I believe there have been changes and updates to the XLR since then so I don't know that it still does against current XLR's... Be good to test it at some point.
the new RLR might give it some problems but not sure about the XLR which is what DPS is using around here. But frankly the PL3/4 is all I ever see. Like on my stats it's got over 10 times the strikes over any other model. And I'm in a testing group, it'd be even greater if I was just bouncing around town like an average joe.

@Bossdad71 it's good to have a variety of tools in the field. Keep us updated on your results and experiences.

Bossdad71

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
i appriciate the responses, I'm just thankful to have something to touch and feel, i'm sure sometime down the road i'll step up my game, but this was a really special gift from my sister, even if it's not up to the challenge of the latest guns.

Bossdad71

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
the new RLR might give it some problems but not sure about the XLR which is what DPS is using around here. But frankly the PL3/4 is all I ever see. Like on my stats it's got over 10 times the strikes over any other model. And I'm in a testing group, it'd be even greater if I was just bouncing around town like an average joe.

@Bossdad71 it's good to have a variety of tools in the field. Keep us updated on your results and experiences.
what the bouncing around a jab at me because i'm fat.... lol jk, i roll not bounce @erickonphoenix

erickonphoenix

Left Lane Hooligan
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
what the bouncing around a jab at me because i'm fat.... lol jk, i roll not bounce @erickonphoenix
Ok, "bumping" around town might have been a better choice of words. Bumping as in bumping your rhymes, or are you a country music fan?

Choose Life

35.5 hater R3 Day One User
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
It's a lookup table unit not a smart unit so it can't dynamically adjust to different pulse patterns to have a chance

Any new firmware change after its last update will result in IPT
Erik is right it is mostly PL3 but the xlr and TSS are in that area
It may take 5 years or it may take a week
But eventually you'll come across one

Bossdad71

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's a lookup table unit not a smart unit so it can't dynamically adjust to different pulse patterns to have a chance

Any new firmware change after its last update will result in IPT
Erik is right it is mostly PL3 but the xlr and TSS are in that area
It may take 5 years or it may take a week
But eventually you'll come across one
like sarge said, ill probably freak out when it first goes off anyway... im in hutchinson kansas and wichita pd use pl3 or 4... the only time i seen the highway cops use lidar is when the fair comes to town.

Super Dave

I'm invisible
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just recently put on a blinder also, I know it wont jam everything new but they mostly use ultralyte here if at all. www.rdforum.org: Blinder install
Good luck! let me know when you run into something!

Last edited:

KrazyK

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
@Bossdad71 , what an incredible gift! WOW! You have a great family!

I used to get a card from my sister, then it was a phone call. I was the oldest sibling and we didn't get along as kids. Maybe some revenge.....

There goes the neighborhood. Grandpa got a lead foot now. Kids no playing in the street. Woo hoooo cool gift Boss!
:smug:

i appriciate the responses, I'm just thankful to have something to touch and feel, i'm sure sometime down the road i'll step up my game, but this was a really special gift from my sister, even if it's not up to the challenge of the latest guns.
Well said.

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Very cool! Happy Birthday to you! This will help ensure you have good Road Karma as you’re always on the road shuffling animal rescues back and forth.

You’re a good man and this gift is a real benefit for you and the lives of many animals yet to be saved. These blinders may literally save more animal lives - helping you complete your trips safely and not waste any time at the side of the road when every minute counts for the last remaining hours for the unadopted pets on death row. May the force be with you!

Written from my mobile device.

Bossdad71

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Very cool! Happy Birthday to you! This will help ensure you have good Road Karma as you’re always on the road shuffling animal rescues back and forth.

You’re a good man and this gift is a real benefit for you and the lives of many animals yet to be saved. These blinders may literally save more animal lives - helping you complete your trips safely and not waste any time at the side of the road when every minute counts for the last remaining hours for the unadopted pets on death row. May the force be with you!

Written from my mobile device.
thank u for the kind words

hiddencam

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the jamming fold, Monkey. All those good Karma points should help you talk your way out of an XLR ticket if you ever encounter one of them. Happy for you that you're in the game anyway, cool gift from your sister.

Bossdad71

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the jamming fold, Monkey. All those good Karma points should help you talk your way out of an XLR ticket if you ever encounter one of them. Happy for you that you're in the game anyway, cool gift from your sister.
not sure how good i am with talking to cops.. the saying i have the right to remain silent but not the ability? Thats me.. @hiddencam

bkayrac

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Probably end up like me. Have lis on 1 car, alps on the other. Lis got used once in all this time, and Alps never. But I suppose that's for the best :p

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The Only Sarge

7 decades of hauling ass
Newly Registered
Reaction score
not sure how good i am with talking to cops.. the saying i have the right to remain silent but not the ability? Thats me.. @hiddencam
Yeah like me arguing the drunk in public arrest with them.
I was drunk in the bar not in public. The bouncers threw my big ass in public....arrest them.

Flonase

Course X
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
That's a really cool, thoughtful gift. You and your sister must be close! I'd go for the install yourself. If you're like me it'll take about ten times longer than it should, but you'll know everything about it when you're done. Doing the install yourself might also give you some additional perspective on what you're looking for a few years down the road or whenever this hobby decides to take its next bite out of your wallet. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself...

The Only Sarge

7 decades of hauling ass
Newly Registered
Reaction score
Oh hell no @Flonase He probably already ate the owners manual....he sez he will watch yourube and ends up watching national geographic videos....guy thinks duct tape is high tech......dont encourage him

Bossdad71

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh hell no @Flonase He probably already ate the owners manual....he sez he will watch yourube and ends up watching national geographic videos....guy thinks duct tape is high tech......dont encourage him
whats wrong with duck tape, im the king of jerey rigging.. who needs a manuel when i have utube..

Bossdad71

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's a really cool, thoughtful gift. You and your sister must be close! I'd go for the install yourself. If you're like me it'll take about ten times longer than it should, but you'll know everything about it when you're done. Doing the install yourself might also give you some additional perspective on what you're looking for a few years down the road or whenever this hobby decides to take its next bite out of your wallet. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself...
my sister and i are very close. Got a couple scars on my knuckles from her ex tooth after he slapped her around after a few drinks shes my twin monkey.. she got all the smarts and looks, i got what was left

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jnl