Set up Radenso Pro M Edmonton

TheSkyIsFalling

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Hello Edmontonians...I upgraded my fw by connecting it with my computer and download the fw. since upgrade is done, the detectors MRCD is beeping while a car driving in front of me with lane sensor active on their side mirror..Shall I keep MRCD narrow or wide to NOT get these beeps...TIA.

I keep mine on narrow and filter on high

DC Fluid

Planning ahead, always behind.
Intermediate User
Reaction score
For me on the Pro-M

AutoCity
0-80 Km’s
X0/K4/Ka0
X off
K narrow
Ka wide
TSRej low
Pop off
Ka Filter off
MRCD narrow
MR Filter off
MRCT/ Gatso Off
Laser on.

Speed zones/User Defined areas off

Red Light cameras on

GPS detection distance normal

The TSRej is kind of misleading. It’s an extra layer of K Band filtering that stays engaged at all speeds and in all modes. It reduces the k band false’s even more without any real penalty in range.

Here are a couple of pictures of a test I ran on the effects TSRej settings had on loss of range. This was against my Bushnell Velocity K Band gun. Against a real leo K gun, the distances would be further back, but the differences in the filter loss would be the same.

The 3 settings in the picture are TSRej off/Low/high.

I was in City mode X0/K0/Ka0

View attachment 80608View attachment 80609

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@Heywood
I'm going to be in Calgary in a few days, what modifications to your Edmonton settings would you make?

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow that sounds pretty noisy... Have you tried down in Cowtown?
I’m just thinking about the Redflex units. Maybe leave TSRej on low, but I don’t have that much experience on running through those traps.

Any other suggestions for Redflex?

Dukes

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m just thinking about the Redflex units. Maybe leave TSRej on low, but I don’t have that much experience on running through those traps.

Any other suggestions for Redflex?
TSRej OFF for Redflex. GPS might be a better solution so you don't get blasted with K Band everywhere.

DC Fluid

Planning ahead, always behind.
Intermediate User
Reaction score
TSRej OFF for Redflex. GPS might be a better solution so you don't get blasted with K Band everywhere.
I could try TSRej off, then low if annoying. As long as I have all the cameras on, and run waze am I covered for Redflex cameras or do they have mobile ones also?

Dukes

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I could try TSRej off, then low if annoying. As long as I have all the cameras on, and run waze am I covered for Redflex cameras or do they have mobile ones also?
Yea, it will be annoying with it off. Even with TSRej off the range will be minimal. Personally, when I'm down there, I rely on GPS locations and just eye scan for the mobile ones. They have mobile Redflex units like this.

67174951_2284613438470517_7778103301093982208_o.png

Last edited:

synistyr

I need more coffee
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea, it will be annoying with it off. Even with TSRej off the range will be minimal. Personally, when I'm down there, I rely on GPS locations and just eye scan for the mobile ones. They have mobile Redflex units like this.

View attachment 128638
What's the alert range with/without TsrRej Low/Off compared to MRCD?

DeerHunter

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been running the recommended Edmonton setting with good success. Road trip planned for October, through BC, Oregon, California (to Laguna Seca), then returning through Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, Colorado and Montana. I know I can turn K-band off in CA but are there any suggested overall settings that will work best in the western U.S.?

Thanks.

crispo0809

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
i just picked up a pro m yesterday but every single time i pass a cop car i get no detections? can anyone help?

synistyr

I need more coffee
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
i just picked up a pro m yesterday but every single time i pass a cop car i get no detections? can anyone help?
The marked units (black and white SUVs) don’t typically run radar.

You’ll get MRCD from those yellow wrapped trucks and mini vans though (if they’re active).

Lots of Ka radar from unmarked police tricks on Anthony Henday.

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
As @synistyr said.
It’s a radar detector and not a cop detector. They rarely ever run C/O radar even if they’re doing speed enforcement.

The only time you might see them with the radar left on is when they have someone pulled over. That’s an exception... but it’s not a rule that they do

He’s also right that most of the traffic enforcement has been passed down to the special constables in photo radar (MRCD) and Photo Lidar (laser).

Photo Lidar will get you unless you have jammers.

Photo radar is always on like C/O... but it’s so low powered and directional.... your going to only get 1000’ detections and lower.

The data base is pretty good so you can just turn MRCT and Gatso off.

The latest FW US22 is really good at picking up the Mesta Fusion RLC’s if you leave Gatso on.

synistyr

I need more coffee
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
As @synistyr said.
It’s a radar detector and not a cop detector. They rarely ever run C/O radar even if they’re doing speed enforcement.

The only time you might see them with the radar left on is when they have someone pulled over. That’s an exception... but it’s not a rule that they do

He’s also right that most of the traffic enforcement has been passed down to the special constables in photo radar (MRCD) and Photo Lidar (laser).

Photo Lidar will get you unless you have jammers.

Photo radar is always on like C/O... but it’s so low powered and directional.... your going to only get 1000’ detections and lower.

The data base is pretty good so you can just turn MRCT and Gatso off.

The latest FW US22 is really good at picking up the Mesta Fusion RLC’s if you leave Gatso on.

Now that Radenso has updated the database with Edmonton's own database, almost all of the RLCs now alert in the Pro-M.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rush2112md