Set up Radenso Pro M Edmonton

synistyr

I need more coffee
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
@Heywood thanks! good information.

@BaileyAB Yeah I've heard. Especially on the Henday overpass'. I want to get Al Priority as well.
The overpass guys are usually easier to spot and Waze marked.

It's the trucks sitting in the sunken parts of the median after the overpasses that are hard to spot.

Someone also posted a video of them shooting lidar from an access road, like beside Stony Plain Rd up by 184str by the DQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skyler M

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
The overpass guys are usually easier to spot and Waze marked.

It's the trucks sitting in the sunken parts of the median after the overpasses that are hard to spot.

Someone also posted a video of them shooting lidar from an access road, like beside Stony Plain Rd up by 184str by the DQ.

Sneaky! IS MRCD or dragoneye more common for photo radar?

wrxsti15

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sneaky! IS MRCD or dragoneye more common for photo radar?
MRCD is low power K band - Radar (day and night - mostly in the city, even seen on side of AH (south close to 17 st))
Dragoneye is laser - Lidar (using during day light - overpasses mostly, but can be seen in different areas)

synistyr

I need more coffee
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
MRCD is low power K band - Radar (day and night - mostly in the city, even seen on side of AH (south close to 17 st))
Dragoneye is laser - Lidar (using during day light - overpasses mostly, but can be seen in different areas)
Yes. Just FYI police also use straight up lidar at night to stop and pull people over.

Skyler M

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks!
Yes. Just FYI police also use straight up lidar at night to stop and pull people over.

Wow very impressive range for laser. Didn't know that was possible

TheSkyIsFalling

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Thanks!

Wow very impressive range for laser. Didn't know that was possible

I think in order to pick up laser with any detector other than the v1. U need that type of distance. I would want the min distance the M can pick up laser when the dot is shot directly at the head lights.

I have gone thru 3 laser traps and 0 alerts. I will say I have no way of knowing if they actually shot me with laser but all 3 times. It’s looked like they shot me. But again no way I’m 100% certain

This us9 fw has been so excellent. I have had 0 falses and all lockouts are holding. Kinda scares me on how quiet it has been

Skyler M

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
So Ive had that Radenso Pro m for a few days now. What an awesome detector! very quiet for the most part.
A few question. Does Edmonton PD use K band? It would be nice to turn it off when in the city because of the billion speed signs. Also ive had 2 ka band false alerts, they were really short and not a big deal. What causes false ka band alerts? And maybe theres not false. Just curious. Thanks!

synistyr

I need more coffee
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
So Ive had that Radenso Pro m for a few days now. What an awesome detector! very quiet for the most part.
A few question. Does Edmonton PD use K band? It would be nice to turn it off when in the city because of the billion speed signs. Also ive had 2 ka band false alerts, they were really short and not a big deal. What causes false ka band alerts? And maybe theres not false. Just curious. Thanks!
K band is not used by Edmonton. But it is used on Anthony henday near Sherwood Park where RCMP/sheriffs patrol.

Ka bands might be someone running a leaky detector or it could be a cop running Instant On.

I passed a black ford sedan that looked suspicious. As soon as I passed and he got behind I got hit with 2-3sec of Ka band. But just one blip.

Skyler M

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
K band is not used by Edmonton. But it is used on Anthony henday near Sherwood Park where RCMP/sheriffs patrol.

Ka bands might be someone running a leaky detector or it could be a cop running Instant On.

I passed a black ford sedan that looked suspicious. As soon as I passed and he got behind I got hit with 2-3sec of Ka band. But just one blip.

Maybe when Im driving in the city I'll just switch it off. And maybe the "false" were some undercover that I didn't see.

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe when Im driving in the city I'll just switch it off. And maybe the "false" were some undercover that I didn't see.
It would be a PIA to turn K band off and on.

You have 2600 lockouts available to use if needed. I just Lockout the speed signs/ door openers and leave K band on.

TheSkyIsFalling

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Just like synister said

What frequencies were the ka ?

34.7 is legit. The city cops run

35.5 and 33.8 I have yet to encounter a cop in the city using those frequencies. I can say with almost certainity now that those are from leaky detector

My neighbors M sets my M off

But with fw us9 I have had 0 ka falses

I run my k level at 7, snarrow, tsrej high. I get more range at 7 vs 9.

But I painstakingly took differents routes all the time to lock out k band falses. But the M is so quiet now

Skyler M

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
@TheSkyIsFalling all the lock outs must be quite a job.

Noob question. If MRCD is low frequency K band, does high K band filtering affect MRCD detection? Im guessing it doesn't

synistyr

I need more coffee
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
@TheSkyIsFalling all the lock outs must be quite a job.

Noob question. If MRCD is low frequency K band, does high K band filtering affect MRCD detection? Im guessing it doesn't
No there's a separate MR filter(high/low).

MRCD and K broadcast around the same frequency but MRCD modulates its frequency and is low power.

K band would be just a constant strength signal.

(also, Redflex K band is ultra low power K band)

sahibi12

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and got my Radenso Pro M today. I am reviewing the feedbacks and they are really very informative.

I noticed someone used the abbreviation "fw us9", what is stands for?

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and got my Radenso Pro M today. I am reviewing the feedbacks and they are really very informative.

I noticed someone used the abbreviation "fw us9", what is stands for?
FW = Firmware.

Radenso lists their Firmware’s US2, US3, etc.

The latest is FW 16.

You’ll find it by holding the middle button down and holding it down while plugging in or powering on the Pro-M.

sahibi12

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hello Edmontonians...I upgraded my fw by connecting it with my computer and download the fw. since upgrade is done, the detectors MRCD is beeping while a car driving in front of me with lane sensor active on their side mirror..Shall I keep MRCD narrow or wide to NOT get these beeps...TIA.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Correct Map