PA Turnpike trips - How to prepare?

Delta9

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
@V1Jake Have you ever seen any PSP outside of the mentioned range? The wife gets annoyed with beeping and alerting so trying to toe the line when I bring the V1 into her car for roadtrips.

Will those boxes I posted affect Ka or just K band ? If I am reading the google results correct
K= 18 - 27ghz
Ka= 26.5 - 40ghz

Last edited:

V1Jake

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@V1Jake Have you ever seen any PSP outside of the mentioned range? The wife gets annoyed with beeping and alerting so trying to toe the line when I bring the V1 into her car for roadtrips.

Will those boxes I posted affect Ka or just K band ? If I am reading the google results correct
K= 18 - 27ghz
Ka= 26.5 - 40ghz

There's a lot of members that drive through PA that can help out. Personally I have only encountered 24.154 so far but I read on the forum 24.15x and 24.12x is the range for PSP.

@Godowsky17 @thefrog1394 @goblin @Transporter

Godowsky17

Advanced User
Reaction score

CobawLT2010

Land of the quarantined, home of the afraid.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Id say that you’re biggest problem with making time on the PA turnpike is them shutting it down to work on it when you planned on going through there at the wee hours of the morning in an over night trip. Ask me how I know. I mean they could have setup a counter flow so at least some west bound traffic could get through... nah **** the west bound traffic...

Delta9

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Ask me how I know. I mean they could have setup a counter flow so at least some west bound traffic could get through... nah **** the west bound traffic...

We go camping in Ohiopyle SP each 4th of July and have started the last couple years to come home late in the day Saturday night. Saturday evening 4th of July weekend has got to be one of the lowest # of vehicles I ever see on the turnpike. The plus side is once it gets dark you have a non stop fireworks show while you drive. There was one house who was so close to the turnpike I could see the guy lighting the mortar tube as we drove by.

CobawLT2010

Land of the quarantined, home of the afraid.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
We go camping in Ohiopyle SP each 4th of July and have started the last couple years to come home late in the day Saturday night. Saturday evening 4th of July weekend has got to be one of the lowest # of vehicles I ever see on the turnpike. The plus side is once it gets dark you have a non stop fireworks show while you drive. There was one house who was so close to the turnpike I could see the guy lighting the mortar tube as we drove by.

Well when I did it last year all the hotels were full vacancy so must be more people than you think.

V1Jake

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Confirmed 24.122 (constant on) by an unmarked trooper on the 295 before getting into NJ (Trenton area)

Delta9

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Confirmed 24.122 (constant on) by an unmarked trooper on the 295 before getting into NJ (Trenton area)

Yep. I think I feel safe running K in the .100 - .160 range and ignoring the rest of K.

When I make my trip to Maine in August I'll likely switch on the K automute once we leave PA.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadBundy