K Filter Update For The R3 ?

Deadhead1971

Rock, rock, roll, Plymouth Rock, rollover
Advanced User
Reaction score
So, you kinda make my point. You are willing to decrease the sensitivity of the entire K narrow range just to reduce chatter from 3 small frequencies that LEO's around you prolly aren't using. However, you're drastically reducing the range of your detector. Bet you would rather choose to igonre those 3 and increase k narrow to 100%.
A good K BSM filter should screen out junk without having a big hit to real police K detection performance.

dmajikmyke

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Problem with that is blocking out/removing legit radar then. Lots of other vehicles false in the legit LEO area. But dropping the top of the band takes care of a good chunk of the high offenders with minimal risk of real LEO.
I wouldn't narrow it down more than what I suggested there or implemented the idea jdong suggested with lowering sensitivity around that freq.

I understand the super rare chance I take. Never seen a LEO on either .198 or .201 where I live. Just give me the option to ignore .198 and .201. And add ignored frequencies when I begin to notice patterns (eg, neighbors buick..etc). If I get a ticket...oh well, I chose to ignore that freq. Again, the falses don't even annoy me much and I love the detector. Just think it should be a fairly simple option to add to the next firmware.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jromjr