K Filter Update For The R3 ?

GTO_04

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I’ve had it flat line for about 2-3 seconds while filtering before beating again. It’s bad on a 2-lane country road for 15 miles behind a CRV.

CR-Vs are the biggest polluters of all! My R1 will filter out most of them, but when a vehicle does punch through it is usually a CR-V. Buicks and other GM SUVs are the biggest problem for my M3s. Auto mode (which looks for paired signals) seems to work well on the Hondas/Acuras.

GTO_04

Rango

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Guys i tried today TSF ON and i bumped K sens to 70. TSF makes huge difference in how quite the detector is. It was very quite but BSM falsing 24.199 was still punching threw.

Did anyone notice reduced range of K band with 1.37 firmware and TSF off of course or is that my placebo effect? I always had K band longer detection then 34.7 and at 70% today i was getting somewhat short detection vs K speed sign. I'm aware that TSF reduces range but even with TSF off i think its shorter then before. I'm going to try to find R3 K band testing results.

Did anyone test TSF I/O shot from the bench and what the results were?

Deadhead1971

Rock, rock, roll, Plymouth Rock, rollover
Advanced User
Reaction score
Speed signs I don’t think have the output of a police gun. I had no problem detecting K band on I 95 in Georgia a month ago- a moon sniff 1+ mile range at least and not line of sight . I had K filter and TSF on, K at 100%. I was running K narrow too and one police gun was 24.119.

s1LverfoxS4

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I just ran a 900 mile trip from NC to IL.
Admittedly, I have had no time to tweak my very new R3 to proper settings, but the Construction Speed Signs in IL were HORRENDOUS!
I was picking up signals over a mile away from stationary speed signs on both sides of the highway.
So bad, I almost turned off K band entirely.
The troopers I encountered were all using Ka. And I know IL SP uses Lidar in some locations.

Acura, Caddi, and GM vehicles were all falsing heavily the entire route, but I never encountered a CRV.

Hoping I can tune-up my R3 for the return trip next week, and get some relief/silence.

gr

Last edited:

nomore55

PSL +10%
Advanced User
Reaction score

Driver66

Probably driving
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
If they just dropped the 24.200 narrow cutoff to 24.197 like I suggested months ago it would knock off like 90% of BSM falses.
X2. I agree with this 100%. This would be an enormous improvement in killing BSM PT's. This should be in the next update.

Driver66

Probably driving
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I’ve had it flat line for about 2-3 seconds while filtering before beating again. It’s bad on a 2-lane country road for 15 miles behind a CRV.
When this happens to me I either go around, or turn K band off (usually already off) and watch my speed.

Rango

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
If they just dropped the 24.200 narrow cutoff to 24.197 like I suggested months ago it would knock off like 90% of BSM falses.

I wouldn't mind that as addition of super narrow options. I'm documenting my encounters and i'm seeing 24.914 as max so 197 would work great and 24.110 as bottom?

I'm seeing falses too at 24.085

dmajikmyke

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hate me if u must, but I drive the 2017 CR-V and own the R3. Best detector ever IMHO. I work at Honda as well, so I'm around a lot of Honda/Acura. My detector is always alerting at 24.198 and 24.201. Only these 2, but I know each detector is slightly different when it comes to frequencies. Anyways, my suggestion is for a manual lock out on a specific frequency. Just let me maually put in 24.198/24.201 and an ignore/mute/lock out on these specific frequencies and I'm good. Not sure how hard this would be to implement, but I'm sure the devs can pretty easily add it.

GTO_04

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hate me if u must, but I drive the 2017 CR-V and own the R3. Best detector ever IMHO. I work at Honda as well, so I'm around a lot of Honda/Acura. My detector is always alerting at 24.198 and 24.201. Only these 2, but I know each detector is slightly different when it comes to frequencies. Anyways, my suggestion is for a manual lock out on a specific frequency. Just let me maually put in 24.198/24.201 and an ignore/mute/lock out on these specific frequencies and I'm good. Not sure how hard this would be to implement, but I'm sure the devs can pretty easily add it.

Easier said than done. There is going to be some frequency drift making the specific frequency lock out useless. They will need to narrow the frequency range for K narrow (bring it below 24.198 GHz) and though that will help, it will increase your chances of missing real police radar. So you are most likely stuck with K band BSM pollution. Good luck!

GTO_04

dmajikmyke

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Easier said than done. There is going to be some frequency drift making the specific frequency lock out useless. They will need to narrow the frequency range for K narrow (bring it below 24.198 GHz) and though that will help, it will increase your chances of missing real police radar. So you are most likely stuck with K band BSM pollution. Good luck!

I understand that it drifts, but why don't I ever get BSM's (from myself and other Honda/Acuras) at anything other than .198 and .201 (on my particular detector). For instance, I never see a .197 or .200 from my car (or other Honda/Acuras) on my detector. What's the difference between locking out a X or K band door opener at a specific frequency and gps location like we can do now. Do they not drift? And as far as becoming more vunerable to LEOs, well if we were able to lock out false frequencies that we readily see, I think most would take that chance. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

GTO_04

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I understand that it drifts, but why don't I ever get BSM's (from myself and other Honda/Acuras) at anything other than .198 and .201. For instance, I never see a .197 or .200 from my car on the detector.

Some times I do. Are you using K narrow? I get a .199 frequently. Keep in mind they may oversweep K band slightly as well.

GTO_04

dmajikmyke

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Some times I do. Are you using K narrow? I get a .199 frequently. Keep in mind they may oversweep K band slightly as well.

GTO_04

I used to use K narrow...got only the .198. Now I run K wide. The falses aren't that often or annoying enough to go narrrow. As I said, I'm around a bunch of H/A daily and only get .198 and .201 on my particular detector.

schissler

Banned
Banned User
Premium Member
Advanced User
Reaction score
Honda/Acura on K Narrow is always 198,199,200 for me. I rarely get any other BSM PT's from other vehicles when its cranked down to 40%.

dmajikmyke

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Honda/Acura on K Narrow is always 198,199,200 for me. I rarely get any other BSM PT's from other vehicles when its cranked down to 40%.

So, you kinda make my point. You are willing to decrease the sensitivity of the entire K narrow range just to reduce chatter from 3 small frequencies that LEO's around you prolly aren't using. However, you're drastically reducing the range of your detector. Bet you would rather choose to igonre those 3 and increase k narrow to 100%.

schissler

Banned
Banned User
Premium Member
Advanced User
Reaction score
So, you kinda make my point. You are willing to decrease the sensitivity of the entire K narrow range just to reduce chatter from 3 small frequencies that LEO's around you prolly aren't using. However, you're drastically reducing the range of your detector. Bet you would rather choose to igonre those 3 and increase k narrow to 100%.

Pretty much. And I made a thread suggesting this almost a year ago last August here:

www.rdforum.org: Drop K-Narrow from .200 to .195

dmajikmyke

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Pretty much. And I made a thread suggesting this almost a year ago last August here:

www.rdforum.org: Drop K-Narrow from .200 to .195

Ya, I like your idea as well. However, having the option to completely ignore whatever frequency that your particular car you have now or buy in the the future is transmitting on or frequencies that you know to be false that you encounter daily (non-stationary ones) would be awesome.

Last edited:

schissler

Banned
Banned User
Premium Member
Advanced User
Reaction score
Ya, I like your idea as well. However, having the option to completely ignore whatever frequency that your particular car you have now or buy in the the future is transmitting on or frequencies that you know to be false that you encounter daily (non-stationary ones), would be awesome.

Problem with that is blocking out/removing legit radar then. Lots of other vehicles false in the legit LEO area. But dropping the top of the band takes care of a good chunk of the high offenders with minimal risk of real LEO.
I wouldn't narrow it down more than what I suggested there or implemented the idea jdong suggested with lowering sensitivity around that freq.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Itzik