K Filter Update For The R3 ?

Choose Life

35.5 hater R3 Day One User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Like most people on the forum i think the R3 is the best WS mount made as of today imo

But the Honda-Acura/GM/Chrysler-Dodge BSM falses have been mounting

Hoping to see a K filter update in the future to improve the falses

If some of forum beta testers know a timeframe when this update could get released that would be great as well

westwind77

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
The CR-V is the worst offender for myself. Either they are selling a LOT of them lately or it has been my dumb luck getting stuck behind them, but it has happened a lot recently.

Overall the R3 (to me) does an amazing job at K-Filtering - of course that is compared to my M360 running v1.2. That thing picks up BSM's across the damn highway through trees at times.

Choose Life

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
The CR-V is the worst offender for myself. Either they are selling a LOT of them lately or it has been my dumb luck getting stuck behind them, but it has happened a lot recently.

Overall the R3 (to me) does an amazing job at K-Filtering - of course that is compared to my M360 running v1.2. That thing picks up BSM's across the damn highway through trees at times.

Youre not alone
The little honda suvs are the worst
Followed by GM
I just want filtering that i dont rely on tsf
And because of the amount of these bargain suvs in my area its needed to keep sensitivity 80% and above

gugarci

Hiding in Plain Sight
Intermediate User
Reaction score
The only thing I want in the next firmware update is for Uniden to keep improving the BSM filtering. I like the gravy they added in the previous updates but would have been happier if they had just kept working on the BSM filtering.

Posted from my XT1635-01 using the RDF Mobile App!

Choose Life

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
The only thing I want in the next firmware update is for Uniden to keep improving the BSM

I think most members feel the same including myself

Vancity23

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I think it will happen and beleive they are working on it...

thebravo

Security
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Even a simple notch filter that reduces sensitivity from 24.194-24.202 down to about 30% would solve most of the Honda/Acura/Pacifica falses for me. I never see real kband that high but since there is still kband around me I can't turn it down and most of the falses are just below the k narrow cutoff.

oldcelt

lurking in the tall grass
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Even a simple notch filter that reduces sensitivity from 24.194-24.202 down to about 30% would solve most of the Honda/Acura/Pacifica falses for me. I never see real kband that high but since there is still kband around me I can't turn it down and most of the falses are just below the k narrow cutoff.

Ran across a 24.209 (unmarked with discos going and a customer) in Vermont last year.

Z400Racer37

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Like most people on the forum i think the R3 is the best WS mount made as of today imo

But the Honda-Acura/GM/Chrysler-Dodge BSM falses have been mounting

Hoping to see a K filter update in the future to improve the falses

If some of forum beta testers know a timeframe when this update could get released that would be great as well

Seriously. I lone my R3, but I literally just shut it off on the highway today. Lots of traffic, and going under PSL, but man it was non-stop... They've gotta do something about it, it's killing what this thing could be..

Choose Life

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Seriously. I lone my R3, but I literally just shut it off on the highway today. Lots of traffic, and going under PSL, but man it was non-stop... They've gotta do something about it, it's killing what this thing could be..

If you see K band but mostly in CO form you can turn tsf on
If you see alot of IO tsf should stay off

thebravo

Security
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Ran across a 24.209 (unmarked with discos going and a customer) in Vermont last year.
Oh it is out there, hence the notch filter of reduced sensitivity. I wouldn't want no alert on those frequencies, just less a sensitive filtering option for those frequencies so I can keep the majority of kband on full sensitivity. Think kband segmentation with individual sensitivity adjustment for each segment. That's what I would like. Sadly for those that face real kband in that range you would have to choose range vs quietness.

Deadhead1971

Rock, rock, roll, Plymouth Rock, rollover
Advanced User
Reaction score
Well, was behind a Honda civic for 10 minutes 20 min ago. The R1 heart beat slowed down and paused indicating it was filtering and then a few times it punched through at 24.199 with 2 signal strength bars/ dots and then was filtered again with the heart beat pausing and flashing slowly - once very 2 seconds.

While this did punch through for a few seconds about 4 times, the R1 filter kept it quiet about 99% of the 10 minutes

fishing66

Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
My K settings are K Narrow, K filter on, sensitivity at 60% and quiet ride set to 75mph.....yes, that's a very high speed setting, but the reason for this is Quiet Ride gives you two beeps before going silent. I can look at the vehicles around me and see if it is a BSM offender, or if there are no offenders and the signal is ramping like a LEO. IO K band would fry me but due to the amount of K band pollution, I don't think I'd even pay attention if an IO shot was picked up before getting targeted.

Rango

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I do not have faith magic filtering solution will come and work fantastic. I think filtering will be years on years on ongoing thing.

I think we all want somewhat quick solution which IMHO would be K band segmentation. I'm currently logging all LEO K band encounters and if we get segmentation i will only run those that i've encountered.

It's only few 4, 5 towns in illinois that are using K band. It would be easy to tweak this instead of long term solution which is filtering. All my opinion of course. I'm not holding my breath for filtering magic. I think it won't come anytime soon.

BTW guys MRCD is scary. Think about this. Construction zone and MRCD pickup truck looking like one of those construction workers pickup. 45mph speed limit with $345 fine minimum (in illinois) and everyone doing 60mph.

Bunch of pics taken with MRCD and mailed to everyone speeding. This is a wet dream of LEOs i would think. We must get MRCD in R3 ASAP IMHO. This thing is worst then Red light cameras.

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Then she will be stuck with the LX that lacks all of the good features including the better head unit and 1.5 turbo engine.

We all must be prepared to make sacrifices for the good of the community. :)
Or, I can find a way to disable the thing... I've got hammers.

KrazyK

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
My lovely Wife wants a CR-V...
It won't have BSM if she gets one.

My wifey wants to trade in her Civic for a CR-V, she likes seeing what's happening ahead and it gives her confidence. If so, I will try to pull the fuse on the BSM for her, muhahahaha.
I like the idea of the notch filter. Notice a lot of BSM false right at that 24.199. Have followed late model Volkswagen creating 24.198 also.

gugarci

Hiding in Plain Sight
Intermediate User
Reaction score

You must of been surrounded by some of the worst offenders because I sit in bumper to bumper traffic all the time & my unit is still pretty quiet. But when I'm surrounded by offenders in bumper to bumper traffic I just use City mode temporarily till the offended go away.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Easygoinal