Hello from Utah

fireparamed

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hi all. New to the forum obviously. From Utah. Bought a new to me Corvette a few months back and decided it was time to invest in a radar detector again. I had one many many years ago but haven’t had a vehicle that made my likelyhood of speeding more than the normal 5-7 over an issue until the Vette.

Spent a lot of time researching this forum as well as watching the Vortex videos and decided based on them and my knowledge of local law enforcement for m working around them that the R3 was what I needed. I’ve had it for about 1 week and used it in a couple if 200-300 miles trips so far as well as city/suburban driving. It’s been pretty darn amazing.

We have very limited Lidar use in Utah. Mostly only motorcycle police for Utah Highway Patrol as well as Salt Lake City Police and some other local motorcycle law enforcement on speed duty. (You will from time to time see a Trooper using Lidar out the window of his car but that is typically a motor officer that either is having his motorcycle worked on or just didn’t want to ride because of weather or comfort. Most of the patrol cars use Ka Band.

thebravo

Security
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! nice choice on the R3, it's a great detector, lots of us here are running an R series detector as they are really top line performers! good luck out there and feel free to share your experiences and ask any questions!

milkman

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forum

fireparamed

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I love the ability to find like minded individuals that can help answer questions that will no doubt come up along the way.

milkman

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
The R3 is a very nice choice!

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Looking forward to the opportunity to share what we learn together about our great state.

Deadhead1971

Three Sheets to the Wind
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome from back east in NC

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesus359