Ka band and MD state trooper

AJJ

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Is Ka band the only radar band MD state troopers use?

I’m primary concerned about K band encounters on the highway since the falses from the V1 are getting annoying.

SunTzuAOW

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
35.5 have been the only thing I've seen. (Besides laser) but don't get to comfortable since MTA and locals patrol the highways and use K-band

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AJJ

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
35.5 have been the only thing I've seen. (Besides laser) but don't get to comfortable since MTA and locals patrol the highways and use K-band

I had a pg county cop run C/O k-band on 495 one day.
every time I encounter MTA they are sitting at the end of the tunnel running Ka but I'll be on the look out for K-band.

SunTzuAOW

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Do you have Junk fighter aka TMF-2? It helps out on the valses, but I do see a major drop in K performance. Certain k band signs, I use to be able to pick up farther away and slowly build up. Now, those same signals don't pick up til later, and when it does, usually at 3 or 4 lights

thebravo

Security
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
are you using an app like JBV1? that can help a bunch too... when tuned the V1 is very quiet

AJJ

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Do you have Junk fighter aka TMF-2? It helps out on the valses, but I do see a major drop in K performance. Certain k band signs, I use to be able to pick up farther away and slowly build up. Now, those same signals don't pick up til later, and when it does, usually at 3 or 4 lights

Yea I have the TMF-2 enabled. What I did was plug the V1 into my ALP and let the ALP handle everything, Normally I just keep K and X band off on the ALP but I can still see the lights when I get an alert(No sound) on the V1. I can easily switch profile on the alp to have the k and band alert come through the ALP speaker.

AJJ

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
are you using an app like JBV1? that can help a bunch too... when tuned the V1 is very quiet
I had V1driver and v1connection, but I didn't have a second phone to pair it up with. Now my v1 is plugged into the ALP, which handles all my radar alerts.

AJinNJ

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Second vote for JBV1. You need an android phone, but the auto-lockouts and other (too many to name) features are awesome at making the V1 much more quiet and efficient.

HotIce

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I'm almost sure that MD cops use KA and LIDAR. I ignore all K-Band alerts.

HotIce

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
PG county uses K-band. I Had a few encounters with them. IMG_5618

That is really good to know. I never head into PG but very handy to know if I do. Thank you for letting me know!

Reactions: AJJ

AJJ

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
That is really good to know. I never head into PG but very handy to know if I do. Thank you for letting me know!
If you're going out to ocean city, Wicomico County uses x band.

HotIce

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
If you're going out to ocean city, Wicomico County uses x band.

What!? I thought NJ was the only place where X band existed! Mind = blown.

JohnnyE

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I don't get to PG or the Eastern Shore that much. I'm mostly in Montgomery and Frederick counties, and the I-95 corridor north to Delaware, and my concerns are Ka mostly Lidar.

X-band...Wow!

crabu2

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I'm almost sure that MD cops use KA and LIDAR. I ignore all K-Band alerts.

I don't know where in MD you're driving, but I can assure you that Harford and Cecil also have K band. MTA uses some K band too, and I see MTA cops on I95 from the toll here in Cecil to pass the tunnel, till where 695 intersects with I95.

asleeper

Advanced User
Reaction score
My encounters in MD have all been KA, mostly lidar although I wouldn't rule out K band for many of the locals. Also encountered USPP with lidar off 210 near Ft. Washington.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joes761