Radenso Pro M testing BSM filters

studio1930

but it goes to 11
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Found a nice Pacifica with a BSM light in the mirror so I followed it for some time. Pro M US8 running K wide and TSR low in Highway mode. Not a single beep. Radenso is doing a great job filtering these troublemakers out.

cihkal

No substitute for [actual] intelligence 🇺🇸
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Very nice stuff! I've been seeing similar stuff with the V1 after it recently returned from the mothership. Yesterday two new Pacificas with BSM indicators in the mirrors did nothing to my V1. Then today a new CRV when indicators as well. I see nearly constant BSM noise the V1 filters out, but these vehicles have normally given it a hard time.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

studio1930

but it goes to 11
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Very nice stuff! I've been seeing similar stuff with the V1 after it recently returned from the mothership. Yesterday two new Pacificas with BSM indicators in the mirrors did nothing to my V1. Then today a new CRV when indicators as well. I see nearly constant BSM noise the V1 filters out, but these vehicles have normally given it a hard time.

Not looking to turn this into a V1 thread. I'm not sure I've seen a post from you that didn't mention the V1.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

cihkal

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Not looking to turn this into a V1 thread. I'm not sure I've seen a post from you that didn't mention the V1.

A generalization by someone who's been here for just over a year, alrighty.

I'd actually like to remain on the topic of your findings while encouraging others to provide information that's helpful or paints a better picture of the very dynamic BSM environment. Even if that means offering reference data from another detector so long as it's done in a respectful manner and controlled.

Feel free to send me a PM next time if you find my posting history bothersome so we can work it out, or report the reply.

To get back on track, have you ever received a false from a FCA vehicle on this firmware, or specifically a Pacifica?

Last edited:

HotRodEV

Ih8w8ing
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Some Cadillacs have tripped up my bride's RCM, but those are the only ones I've noticed punching through the K Wide/TSR Low filter...

Caveat - I have K Band turned down to level 4 on speeds up to 85MPH on the front antenna and level 6-7 on the rear antenna. But before I did speed based levels, I was running just K Wide with TSR Low and still only getting caddys..

Last edited:

TheSkyIsFalling

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

Ah yes. The great business model of mike valentine that users have to send their V1 back for updates.

And how much did that cost ?

cihkal

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Some Cadillacs have tripped up my bride's RCM, but those are the only ones I've noticed punching through the K Wide/TSR Low filter...

Caveat - I have K Band turned down to level 4 on speeds up to 85MPH on the front antenna and level 6-7 on the rear antenna. But before I did speed based levels, I was running just K Wide with TSR Low and still only getting caddys..
Yeah it seems Radenso is only struggling with some of the really tough GM vehicles which all units do, so that's pretty damn good.

I'm glad to see testing which shows results in highway, K wide, and thenK filter on low. Other settings make it confusing to compare the M to other units which simply have a "BSM filter".

Good stuff!

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks for the video studio1930.

1. I appreciate the money you’ve spent on your arsenal of various radar and laser guns. Not a cheap collection

2. Thank you for the time you put in videos taping the encounters you come across and share them with the community.

3. Thank you for taking the time compiling the lists that you do logging the encounters you have and sharing them.

4. Thank you for sharing your install in your Jeep’s back window with pictures . Never thought of that, and it gives me an option I never thought of.

You’ve done an awful lot for the RDF community since you’ve been here. More than most. Your a great asset to have here on RDF.

Don’t be discouraged and please keep testing and sharing. The backhanded comment on your time spent here wasn’t warranted. Especially in your own thread.

Thanks for putting your money ( and time), where your mouth is.

I can’t think of anything punching through on mine, but I don’t think I’ve run up against a Caddy lately. Life and work have been getting in the way lately. I need to get some more seat time and miles on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

synistyr

I need more coffee
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yeah it seems Radenso is only struggling with some of the really tough GM vehicles which all units do, so that's pretty damn good.

I'm glad to see testing which shows results in highway, K wide, and thenK filter on low. Other settings make it confusing to compare the M to other units which simply have a "BSM filter".

Good stuff!

I've never encountered a false from any GM vehicle with the gen1 or gen2 RPM.

I also run with MRCD narrow/filter high though.

cihkal

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I've never encountered a false from any GM vehicle with the gen1 or gen2 RPM.

I also run with MRCD narrow/filter high though.

Nice, it seems like results can vary a bit depending on all the different settings. My takeaway right now is that the basine filtering seems pretty good based on the OPs video and other posts, and that if you want to make it essentially completely quiet you can do so through different settings. Seem accurate?

synistyr

I need more coffee
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Nice, it seems like results can vary a bit depending on all the different settings. My takeaway right now is that the basine filtering seems pretty good based on the OPs video and other posts, and that if you want to make it essentially completely quiet you can do so through different settings. Seem accurate?

I think so.

Seems like any setting that has to filter or identify K signals that are FMCW will also affect BSM falsing, which is also FMCW.

I don't recall if anyone did any tests on whether the MRCD settings affected K band detection but I believe it had little or no effect on Ka.
(Might have been one of Dukes tests)

KCsilverado

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Got a short 7 hour trip today and ill change my setting on the RC-M from TSR HIGH K Narrow to TSR LOW KWide and see if I notice more punch thrus. I also will see some sheriffs running k band this stretch so ill need the extra range.

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yes please do and report back to us RDF rs !!

I like Real World Tests too !!

Thanks again !!

And HUGE THANKS to @studio1930 for the Time consuming Expensive bothersome Tests and Vids you do for our family !!

i speak for many of of RDF rs when I say

IT IS MUCH APPRECIATED !!

benzr

Posted from my iPhone using the RDF Mobile App!

KCsilverado

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Just got back home. Ran RC-M in Kwide tsr low and didn’t experience anymore BSM falses than previously. It seems to pick up EVERY Chevy Traverse with BSM.

studio1930

but it goes to 11
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Just got back home. Ran RC-M in Kwide tsr low and didn’t experience anymore BSM falses than previously. It seems to pick up EVERY Chevy Traverse with BSM.
Yeah, I never ran K wide in the past due to BSM falses, but I have been running it more lately just to test and I'm pretty happy with the results. Things are getting better for sure.

KCsilverado

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Yeah, I never ran K wide in the past due to BSM falses, but I have been running it more lately just to test and I'm pretty happy with the results. Things are getting better for sure.

Never thought I needed to run wide either but thought I would try it out. Also have been running into kband in St Clair And Henry County in Missouri on 7, around Osceola on the way down to Springfield several times with my R3 and never with the RC-M, so wanted to run wide this weekend to make sure I didn’t miss an alert....and as usual not one encounter with anyone running radar his weekend!!!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joes761