NZ Chat thread - Post anything related to CM

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I'd be interested in what you get for it. I'll be selling my 3.8952 when the Gen 2 arrives.

raab

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Yeah, same.. I like how I say no buy now in the first line and the first question is asking for a buy now..

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Yeah, I blame our education system.

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
And that will not be the highest years revenue. On an average $80 ticket that's over $215,000,000. Since the current speeding policy has been in force - 20 years x $215,000,000 = $4,300,000,000.
Tell me that's not a revenue stream that a Government will give up?

At0mic9

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
And that will not be the highest years revenue. On an average $80 ticket that's over $215,000,000. Since the current speeding policy has been in force - 20 years x $215,000,000 = $4,300,000,000.
Tell me that's not a revenue stream that a Government will give up?
Greedy pigs! just wait until they ban RD's!

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Well they've held off for all those 20 years. I get the impression that Police bosses don't think they're effective. As far as Ka I/O is concerned they're partly right.
Besides, when it's only about dollars, missing a few bucks is neither here nor there.

UncleArthur

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Hey all, so I have a Uniden DFR7 with the NZ firmware. I also have a 2008 Honda Accord 3.5 v6. I have the detector mounted at the top of the windscreen and powered from the mirror. Since mounting it there, I'd never had a laser detection, and was wondering if the sunshade tint at the top of the windscreen was interfering, however today on the Waikato Expressway I had a decent laser detection, so that was nice to confirm, that at least on this model car, the laser still gets through to the detector....

Then about 2 minutes later I had about a 2.5km warning on 34.7 Ghz ka of a radar trap.....

dudeinnz

NZCTG
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey all, so I have a Uniden DFR7 with the NZ firmware. I also have a 2008 Honda Accord 3.5 v6. I have the detector mounted at the top of the windscreen and powered from the mirror. Since mounting it there, I'd never had a laser detection, and was wondering if the sunshade tint at the top of the windscreen was interfering, however today on the Waikato Expressway I had a decent laser detection, so that was nice to confirm, that at least on this model car, the laser still gets through to the detector....

Then about 2 minutes later I had about a 2.5km warning on 34.7 Ghz ka of a radar trap.....
Great to hear on the Laser detections, were these actual police or false alerts?
Ka, the DFR7 is no slouch.

UncleArthur

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
AKL CBD 30km limits - fines now in place $$$
I'm going to have to change my "quiet ride" setting on my detector from 40km/h down to 30km/h....

Getting a speeding fine at say 40km/h just has wrong written all over it.
Post automatically merged:

AKL CBD 30km limits - fines now in place $$$
to quote the article " At the lowest end, those travelling up to 9km/h above the speed limit will be fined $30. "

Does that seriously mean you could get a $30 fine doing 31km/h in a 30k zone??? WTF?

Last edited:

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
It would not surprise me if the cops apply a 5 km/h tolerance. But I think the "reporter" has got it wrong and is just quoting legislation, not the policy.

raab

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Soon we'll be back to people waving flags in front of cars to warn pedestrians that a vehicle is approaching..
Post automatically merged:

All that reducing the speed limit in Wellington has done, it's been 30km/h in most CBD streets for awhile but extended to more, is made pedestrians even more brazen at crossing in front of vehicles because they're travelling slower

Last edited:

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Just wait till they achieve the Green dream - 250,000 silent EV's all mixed in with ambulatory morons crossing streets head down with earbuds jammed in their ears.
It'll be a slaughter I tell you.
I'll piss myself watching from my mobility scooter, the modded one that'll do 80. I'll probably piss myself anyway.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrGuy58