R1 Instant On Experience

kyle13

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I have taken a hiatus from “speeding” over the past few months so today on my cruise home from the office I was in the far right lane cruise control at 3 over the limit minding my own business when my R1 gave me a full ramp up alert to KA band and then dead silent, I thought possibly a false alert but then it happened again, as this is happening I’m rounding a bend with some soccer mom flying up on my left blowing my doors off basically and that’s when it happened, the CHP appeared on the side of the road full ramp up Ka band as this lady is cruising past, sure enough he pulls out flys up on her and they had a nice little pow wow on the side of the road. It was interesting to see it all go down and “know” what was going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drtoddw

Always driving at a safe and prudent speed
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yeah, never become complacent. Even with the R1, Instant On is deadly.

rut

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Mine too and just as hot on k band

Patton250

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
It always amazes me to see people speeding on the highway with no CM’s. I see it every day. Either these people have a whole ton of money so they don’t care or they’re just not very bright.

btmgov

ProCharger LS1 GOAT
Intermediate User
Reaction score
In my area, LEOs just to seem to not care much about speeding unless you are really driving insane. Just last week I was returning to Orlando from St. Augustine on I-95. I was doing 95 and came up on a FHP cruiser traveling in the far right lane. I slowed and matched his speed which was around 77 and drove along side for a few seconds. Two cars went right past us at probably around 85. He glanced over at them and just stayed put. I switched back to far left lane and and ramped back up to 95 and locked the cruise back on. FHP just stayed put in the far right lane until I lost sight of him in my mirror. The LEOs in my city are about the same unless they have an all out speed trap set up which is rare.

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
You have to stay awake, no car has a cop detection system.

The Only Sarge

7 decades of hauling ass
Banned User
Newly Registered
Reaction score
It always amazes me to see people speeding on the highway with no CM’s. I see it every day. Either these people have a whole ton of money so they don’t care or they’re just not very bright.
I'll take "not very bright" for $100 Bob

kyle13

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
In my area, LEOs just to seem to not care much about speeding unless you are really driving insane. Just last week I was returning to Orlando from St. Augustine on I-95. I was doing 95 and came up on a FHP cruiser traveling in the far right lane. I slowed and matched his speed which was around 77 and drove along side for a few seconds. Two cars went right past us at probably around 85. He glanced over at them and just stayed put. I switched back to far left lane and and ramped back up to 95 and locked the cruise back on. FHP just stayed put in the far right lane until I lost sight of him in my mirror. The LEOs in my city are about the same unless they have an all out speed trap set up which is rare.

I’m moving to where you live, here you will get pulled out of the car and threatened to be taken to jail and car impounded for simply going 1 over and changing lanes and then just wait for 2 hours on the side of the road while 4 other LEO’s show up for no reason and then get a improper lane change and tailgating ticket [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmmch65