RC-M to ALP cable?

studio1930

but it goes to 11
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I went to connect the Radenso RC-M controller to the ALP controller and found that the Radenso unit has an RJ45 slot and the ALP has a 4 pin slot that looks like an RJ11 or slightly larger. Does anyone know what cable we need to connect these? I can make my own if they are RJ45 and RJ11 if I know the pin out.

@Randy at noLimits @Jon at noLimits @Hügel66

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
RC-M was not designed to run on an ALP and there is no coding for the antenna on the ALP. If you want to connect an ALP to a RC-M interface box its done through the ALP Controller port. The RC-M Interface is just acting as a remote control for the ALP.

studio1930

but it goes to 11
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
RC-M was not designed to run on an ALP and there is no coding for the antenna on the ALP. If you want to connect an ALP to a RC-M interface box its done through the ALP Controller port. The RC-M Interface is just acting as a remote control for the ALP.
Not the antenna, the RC-M controler to the ALP controller. My antennas are connected to my RC-M controller. I just want to connect the RC-M controller to the ALP controller to allow the display to show laser alerts. I am a beta tester for the new RC-M with the display.

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
IIRC, @Hügel66 was going to send us the cable. We were just waiting for the ALP integration to be set up in the firmware.

studio1930

but it goes to 11
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
IIRC, @Hügel66 was going to send us the cable. We were just waiting for the ALP integration to be set up in the firmware.
Yeah, I was hoping to speed things up a bit and make my own. I presume the new US Firmware we have allows the ALP integration and wanted to test it.

angrypenguin

SysOp
SysOp
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
What are you guys going for? Based on the limitation of the RCM, my intent is to not integrate the ALP and the RCM because I lose some of the advanced functionality of the ALP.

Clearly you guys are trying to run some sort of hybrid where they are both independent systems but they are passing some info from one system to another (say ALP to RCM). What are you guys trying to do here?

Edit: Sorry, re-read this. Are you guys trying to just run a RCM system whereby you now remove the ALP's hifi control panel and have the RCM manage everything? Eg Trying to setup your new RCM to integrate to the ALP as the manufacturer intended you to do? Or is this some sort of new scenario that you guys are trying out?

Thanks

Last edited:

studio1930

but it goes to 11
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I just want to see what possibilities they have programmed into this version of the firmware. Eventually, I would like the option to see ALP alerts on the RC screen including the gun name while still using the ALP pad to JTK or the RC pad to JTK. The ALP speaker is better so I don't want to combine them but some will want that.

For now, just want to test.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

angrypenguin

SysOp
SysOp
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I just want to see what possibilities they have programmed into this version of the firmware. Eventually, I would like the option to see ALP alerts on the RC screen including the gun name while still using the ALP pad to JTK or the RC pad to JTK. The ALP speaker is better so I don't want to combine them but some will want that.

Thanks. This is precisely the scenario I cannot wait to test. I don't want to lose the hifi control pad. I don't want to lose the LED on the ALP system either. I want to run a system whereby I don't just use the RCM to manage everything. If I'm forced to do that and I lose some functionality that matters to me, I'll run these two systems separately (after testing it out myself).

I'm very interested in the scenario that you mentioned. I don't think Radenso says it's supported, but I do have a PM in Jon's mailbox that I'm hoping he gets back to me with which has some specific questions about dual interoperability scenarios that you and I are discussing at present.

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score

There is NO ALP Controller nor BT when integrated. The Radenso becomes the sole controller and is responsible for everything.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

angrypenguin

SysOp
SysOp
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
There is NO ALP Controller nor BT when integrated. The Radenso becomes the sole controller and is responsible for everything.

Three questions if I may:

1) What happens when you pull the privacy/security key on the ALP in a system where the RCM and the ALP are integrated?
2) Does the LED still work on the ALP when they are integrated?
3) I assume then profiles on the ALP stop working because the RCM takes over the ALP. What does the setup process look like then? I assume the RCM will drop a new profile for the ALP that will then pick it up?

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Three questions if I may:

1) What happens when you pull the privacy/security key on the ALP in a system where the RCM and the ALP are integrated?
2) Does the LED still work on the ALP when they are integrated?
3) I assume then profiles on the ALP stop working because the RCM takes over the ALP. What does the setup process look like then? I assume the RCM will drop a new profile for the ALP that will then pick it up?

When you buy the itegration there is no controller and no LED supplied. They will have special bundles for integration which come with just a CPU and 3 regular sensors. I don't believe profiles or any advanced functions are part of the integration. It's mainly for installers that want a simple radar and laser integrated system.

angrypenguin

SysOp
SysOp
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
When you buy the itegration there is no controller and no LED supplied. They will have special bundles for integration which come with just a CPU and 3 regular sensors. I don't believe profiles or any advanced functions are part of the integration. It's mainly for installers that want a simple radar and laser integrated system.

Sorry, I meant for those of us who have an existing ALP system (with a hifi control pad, LED etc) and are going to integrate it with the RCM. We have these extra parts (LED, Hifi control pads etc). Just curious if these things (like the LED) still work.

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Sorry, I meant for those of us who have an existing ALP system (with a hifi control pad, LED etc) and are going to integrate it with the RCM. We have these extra parts (LED, Hifi control pads etc). Just curious if these things (like the LED) still work.
LED might still work but definately no BT or HiFi. The Radenso unit connects to the controller port.

angrypenguin

SysOp
SysOp
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
LED might still work but definately no BT or HiFi. The Radenso unit connects to the controller port.

Perfect, learning a lot. What do we have to do to the ALP after we connect the two? Does the RC system just dump a new profile for the ALP to learn to teach it that the RC is daddy? Or, from a setup standpoint, how do we meld the two systems?

The other piece is that the tx has a speed requirement. Don't we have to program the ALP to still turn "on" the tx head, so to speak?

Out of the box, the RCM and the ALP (integrated) is sold without the tx head. So how do we get the tx head working?

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Again, you are just connecting the two and the Radenso unit is the controller. I believe they are communicating on the basic controller protocol so what you can do with a basic controller you can do with the Radenso unit.

This bundle will not be sold online and only sold through installers and it's not really geared for enthusiasts that want the advanced capability of the ALP on its own.

angrypenguin

SysOp
SysOp
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Again, you are just connecting the two and the Radenso unit is the controller. I believe they are communicating on the basic controller protocol so what you can do with a basic controller you can do with the Radenso unit.

This bundle will not be sold online and only sold through installers and it's not really geared for enthusiasts that want the advanced capability of the ALP on its own.

Understood. So I guess it's safe to say that if enthusiasts (such as many of us on the forums) want that advanced functionality of the ALP, that the guidance by ALP/Radenso is to run the systems separately then. Is that a safe comment?

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Understood. So I guess it's safe to say that if enthusiasts (such as many of us on the forums) want that advanced functionality of the ALP, that the guidance by ALP/Radenso is to run the systems separately then. Is that a safe comment?
Not sure where Radenso will end up with their integration and that is really up to them.

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
IMHO.. The Masters at Radenso/Michael and NoLimits/Jon are deciding what where why and when as we speak on the RC-M !! . :slick:

Lets let them bask in their Glory for at least a day !! :) :p

The decisions they are making now as to the ULTIMATE Functionality have to be carefully discussed/thought out in order to FUTURE PROOF their existence, our Investment AND our Detections hence Screens, alerts, and Notifications !!

The Front Rear Arrows work well and NLR NoLimits/Radenso have a really awesome [email protected] Great OFF-Axis Antennae with Very Long Distance !! Not to mention the antennaes pick up Gatso MRCD Low Power K Band Guns which may be on the way to US ... sigh.

2 things I love about the Radenso/Genovo DETECTORS :bravo:
1. German-Designed HORN=Awesome OFF-AXIS detections and very Long Distance Detections :rice:
2. Algorithms quiet it down to Falses and "determines" if Signal is Legit :rock:
Arrows !!!! :hellyeah: Benzr eats crow here ... L0L :munch:

simply put The NLR Detectors just plain ...
"" Sniff out the sneaky @ss LEOs their traps and ambush Tactics ""

benzr

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joes761