CHP on I-80 in Sacramento near Madison

speedski

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Saw an interesting thing driving to work today. There was a motorcycle CHP hidden on the shoulder parked perpendicular to the road. The cop was sitting on his bike with his arm crossed and radar on. No laser gun. I wonder if he had the laser gun handy and was going to pull it out when he saw a speeder or if his plan was to pull out and then catch the speeder with radar. Anyway, I have never seen anything like this before.

kyle13

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
A lot of the bikes have mounted ka band guns so the officer doesn’t need to hold anything, sits and watches for a speed he wants and takes off. No need to fumble with putting a gun away or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speedski

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
A lot of the bikes have mounted ka band guns so the officer doesn’t need to hold anything, sits and watches for a speed he wants and takes off. No need to fumble with putting a gun away or anything.

Yeah but he was literally at a 90 degree angle from the traffic flow. Cosine error would not give him an accurate speed, but he would be in a perfect position to shoot laser.

I did see a city cop keep the laser gun in some kind of a holster and shoot traffic while he was stopped at a light. He was well hidden because he wasn't the first car at the light. Sneaky, sneaky.

jc209

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Ive seen them double team people, u got one hidden who reads your speed than tells hiS buddy to pull u over.

ASDTANK

Learning to Drive
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
General User
Reaction score
I've been noticing in folsom on east bidwel mainly the local bike p.d.. has been doing a similar style of attack.

OpenRoad

Must go faster
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Surf City ---------------> Santa Cruz <-------
Sacramento I-80 near Madison is high chance of aerial enforcement.

This is CHP air getting cars between Madison and Greenback. I'm sitting at Greenback onramp.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmmch65