New Firmware Update Rolling Out

Choose Life

35.5 hater R3 Day One User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Having trouble with this last step; I did a fresh format of the USB stick, put the UCSTHIFI.BIN file onto the stick and plugged it in, power cycled the ALP and it doesn't update. Below is a screenshot of my stats, which show HiFi version 5.1 and not the current version 5.6. Got any suggestions?

Looks like you already updated firmware via BT and just need Hifi update
Looking at the usb stick on a phone with usb connector will show leftover file traces you can delete but may not be it

Entering your control box # for fresh firmware then the 3 other usb files freshly downloaded
Hifi takes longer to update
Plug it in and give it a try
You may of tried these standard steps already
Hopefully someone else can weigh in

ThreePedals6.2

Motor Head
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Having trouble with this last step; I did a fresh format of the USB stick, put the UCSTHIFI.BIN file onto the stick and plugged it in, power cycled the ALP and it doesn't update. Below is a screenshot of my stats, which show HiFi version 5.1 and not the current version 5.6. Got any suggestions?

Make sure firmware is current @hiddencam . I also had issues with the hifi upgrade initially. ALP had an "official" update on Thursday. Try and update Firmware once more and then do the HIFI update. Let me know how you make out

hiddencam

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Looks like you already updated firmware via BT and just need Hifi update
Looking at the usb stick on a phone with usb connector will show leftover file traces you can delete but may not be it

Entering your control box # for fresh firmware then the 3 other usb files freshly downloaded
Hifi takes longer to update
Plug it in and give it a try
You may of tried these standard steps already
Hopefully someone else can weigh in
yeah i tried all 4 files on the USB stick, and it updated something that took about 15 seconds, then went into detection mode. so i reformatted the usb and tried just the UCSTHIFI.BIN file on there but no luck. i wonder if it's because the "control set hw version is "ALPconnect BT"? Maybe I should try disconnecting the BT module and try again?

--- Post updated ---

Make sure firmware is current @hiddencam . I also had issues with the hifi upgrade initially. ALP had an "official" update on Thursday. Try and update Firmware once more and then do the HIFI update. Let me know how you make out
Thanks man. OK will try this again tomorrow.

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
yeah i tried all 4 files on the USB stick, and it updated something that took about 15 seconds, then went into detection mode. so i reformatted the usb and tried just the UCSTHIFI.BIN file on there but no luck. i wonder if it's because the "control set hw version is "ALPconnect BT"? Maybe I should try disconnecting the BT module and try again?

--- Post updated ---

You can't update something that already is current. If you only needed to update the control set firmware it is pretty quick. Pull a stats report and it will show if you are all up to date.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Choose Life

35.5 hater R3 Day One User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

--- Post updated ---

Yes youll need to disengage alp connect to usb update
Thats how ive always done it
It may work without but im not sure

hiddencam

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
You can't update something that already is current. If you only needed to update the control set firmware it is pretty quick. Pull a stats report and it will show if you are all up to date.

Awesome thanks Tom! Just pulled stats file using the HiFi control pad, and I'm all up to date with 5.4.3 and 5.6! Thanks for the super fast help. And thanks fellas for the suggestions! This forum is something else.

stats.jpg

thanks

for all the fish
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Did u do the stats with the Hifi and write to usb or using the bt?

Posted from my RD

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Did u do the stats with the Hifi and write to usb or using the bt?

Posted from my RD
If you want to see your HiFi Controller version it has to be done with the HiFi running.

hiddencam

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
If you want to see your HiFi Controller version it has to be done with the HiFi running.
Makes perfect sense too; if the controller isn't powered on the cpu can't see it.

Wareagle1520

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
So to keep with the >60 <100 theme, doing 95 in a 70, you only have 2 seconds to react and scrub 25? Sounds like a ticket notifier option to me.
It seems to me like an auto kill option would be more productive based on a difference in speed rather than a preset speed. Such as killing them off when the vehicle decreases 15-20 mph from the original laser hit speed. Speed limits vary greatly between residential 2 lane roads and major highways. Seems like a one speed fits all auto kill wouldn't be very idea. Just my 2 cents.

schissler

Banned
Banned User
Premium Member
Advanced User
Reaction score
They are just options to give people plenty of choices... If you dont feel an options works to your needs dont use that one. We are not forcing anyone to choose a particular method.

I am aware there is no gun to anyones head. Point was it seems like a useless feature.

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
I am aware there is no gun to anyones head. Point was it seems like a useless feature.

Whats useless to you is not useless to those that asked for it.

G37X Jockey

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

steve

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
It seems to me like an auto kill option would be more productive based on a difference in speed rather than a preset speed. Such as killing them off when the vehicle decreases 15-20 mph from the original laser hit speed. Speed limits vary greatly between residential 2 lane roads and major highways. Seems like a one speed fits all auto kill wouldn't be very idea. Just my 2 cents.

I can't say that I disagree with you. In my opinion, the ideal situation is your phone app would pull speed limit data and adjust the setting on-the-fly. The user would set a +/- of PSL to kill jammers. If user sets +5, jammers would kill at 40 for a PSL of 35. From my experience, Waze has fairly accurate speed information on the majority of the roads - obviously not a perfect solution as there is construction zones or if PSL is not correct.

G37X Jockey

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I've noticed that the speed display on the ALP app (or any GPS app for that matter) is slow to adjust during rapid deceleration or acceleration. If I stand on the brakes at 100 kph the speed readout freezes at that speed and catches up once my actual speed stabilizes. Wouldn't this lag create issues for the AutoJTK function?

Posted from my SM-A520W using the RDF Mobile App!

DeerHunter

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I've noticed that the speed display on the ALP app (or any GPS app for that matter) is slow to adjust during rapid deceleration or acceleration. If I stand on the brakes at 100 kph the speed readout freezes at that speed and catches up once my actual speed stabilizes. Wouldn't this lag create issues for the AutoJTK function?

Yes, but it would work in your favour (i.e. it wouldn't JTK prematurely - rather once you were safely at or below the specified speed).

erickonphoenix

Left Lane Hooligan
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I added my rear TX head last week and updated everything. I seemed to recall you suggesting a firmware reset when adding new heads but I couldn't find the thread on it.

So I reset to factory settings then did the update and uploaded new profile and voice pack. Whatever I did it was JTG/JFG on all the guns so I couldn't have messed anything up.

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
I added my rear TX head last week and updated everything. I seemed to recall you suggesting a firmware reset when adding new heads but I couldn't find the thread on it.

So I reset to factory settings then did the update and uploaded new profile and voice pack. Whatever I did it was JTG/JFG on all the guns so I couldn't have messed anything up.

There is no firmware reset, When adding new sensors you need to run a Factory Reset and load a new config file which you did so you are good to go.

CRS123

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
""3. Bug fixes and both radar and laser performance improvements""

What are the Radar performance improvements? Anything to do with Net Radar??
CRS

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karamany