New Firmware Update Rolling Out

hellcatguy

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
@Holla is absolutely correct with regards to a clean usb stick. You should probably format the stick prior to loading files. When you delete files from a stick, many times traces of files are left behind and can stop an update from working correctly. On many new cars, updates to radios etc are done by usb stick. The quality of the usb stick as well as the formatting is critical. If a dime store usb stick is used or it isn't formatted it can ruin expensive controllers. The same applies to the blue tooth/internet update. Make sure that you will have vehicle power through the entire process. Some cars time out if you have the ignition in run mode and car not running to prevent battery drain.

angrypenguin

SysOp
SysOp
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Ok... I tried the new update on USB with all 4 files and it still did not work correctly, Got no Voice! Ahhhhh!

I was really concerned so I used 2 USB:
1 with config.alp & XXXXXXX.bin
and
1 with USCTHIFI.BIN & VOICEPCK.ALP

I reset my ALP to Factory default
Turned it on: Put the USB with the config. and it downloaded, stopped and turned off.
I then turned it on: Started up and put the USB with VOICEPCK and it downloaded, stopped and turned off.
I kept the USB with VOICEPCK plugged in and.... I heard the Females Voice!!! Ahhhh... What a relief! It Worked!

( It felt so good to hear that females voice again ) WooHoo!

This is my experience as well which is why I was surprised that people are loading all 4 files and uploading. That said to echo the advice of some others, perhaps formatting the USB key and then uploading all 4 files and also removing the xxxxx #'s is what is needed to make this work.

UnderCover

Beep...Beep...Beep Beep...Beeeeeeeeeep!
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Thanks! The Moderator corrected that for me!

--- Post updated ---

Yup, I always formatted the USB's before added the new files over.

wirelessandy

It's a very exciting time
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Something is wrong. I loaded all four files onto a freshly wiped USB drive. But now I lost HiFi. No voice.

I don’t recall this happening before: when I load the USB, I’ll get the fast blue flash indicator... then after a few min it’ll blink red a few times and stop.

If I turn it back on, it’ll either load again with the fast blue, or the blue-yellow flash.

But there’s no end. I could be doing this all night.

I reset the ALP but no dice. The config file doesn’t seem to take, either.

I’ll try another clean USB.

Vehicle 1

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yep, I always start from scratch and load everything from a clean USB. I've run into problems before while updating the system and always resolved them when starting from scratch. It's so easy, it's a no brainer..

wirelessandy

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
All 4 on one USB (clean) didn't work. Tried on two different sticks.

Will try again on separate USB:
1 with firmware
1 with config
1 with voicepack and UCSTHIFI.bin

(in that order)

Last edited:

Holla

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Ok... I tried the new update on USB with all 4 files and it still did not work correctly, Got no Voice! Ahhhhh!

I was really concerned so I used 2 USB:
1 with config.alp & XXXXXXX.bin
and
1 with USCTHIFI.BIN & VOICEPCK.ALP

I reset my ALP to Factory default
Turned it on: Put the USB with the config. and it downloaded, stopped and turned off.
I then turned it on: Started up and put the USB with VOICEPCK and it downloaded, stopped and turned off.
I kept the USB with VOICEPCK plugged in and.... I heard the Females Voice!!! Ahhhh... What a relief! It Worked!

( It felt so good to hear that females voice again ) WooHoo!

I just updated mine with all 4 files on stick and worked perfect! I stuck the USB stick in and started the drive home as it was uploading--few minutes later it was done and good to go!

Vehicle 1

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Have you guys noticed that when all files are in the USB at once, you have to restart the system (with the USB still in) to get all downloads to work. I think it was the voice file that did this, it's no biggie but make sure you restart it once to be sure

Choose Life

35.5 hater R3 Day One User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

1 with firmware
1 with config

(in that order)

If a dead end
Download firmware on Alp connect first on prior configs then after firmware wont run update to new configs firmware will be partially stored and should work

Something went wonky with this update
With the updated unit they didnt check to see if it worked with hifi and i lost voice last night too

But they updated HiFi today and everything works correctly
A 2nd additional BT update as well

Holla

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I restarted mine just to do it and it didnt load anything else--Im guessing it loaded it all the first time cause I didnt have any errors or issues that it alerted me to! I also hit it with my LRB and PL3 and all seemed good!

wirelessandy

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

1 with firmware
1 with config

(in that order)

This worked. Thank you guys!

Man what a great forum.

aim4squirrels

Currently edging... Coming soon!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Ok, so I read thru the thread, but need to verify...

I have the HiFi controller and Bluetooth module, all the most current generation.

Is there a change to the HiFi setup that requires a USB update, or can this all be done over Bluetooth? Can't tell if there was a change to the HiFi controller file or a bug in another file that was fixed...

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Ok, so I read thru the thread, but need to verify...

I have the HiFi controller and Bluetooth module, all the most current generation.

Is there a change to the HiFi setup that requires a USB update, or can this all be done over Bluetooth? Can't tell if there was a change to the HiFi controller file or a bug in another file that was fixed...

Yes, You can do the firmware update on BT and configuration over BT but you will need to load the HiFi Control Set firmware via USB after the update.

aim4squirrels

Currently edging... Coming soon!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yes, You can do the firmware update on BT and configuration over BT but you will need to load the HiFi Control Set firmware via USB after the update.
Thanks Tom,

Best to just do it all on the stick when I get home then.

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Тhe lastest HIFI update I find isЬ
"Download here to update your HiFi Control Set (voice output). (Current version 5.6; 2017-10-11)"
from alpriorityupdate.com: Welcome - AL PRIORITY® Firmware Solutions

I've read HIFI was updated too, am I missing something?

The HiFi Controller was updated in the middle of October to 5.6 and most have not updated since they only released that update on its own back in October with no email notification. Now that we released a full firmware update its now required to bring the HiFi Firmware to 5.6 for most that did not update it previously.

hellcatguy

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Did the update via the app on an iphone and it worked fine. Just to double check I clicked on the firmware update icon again and it said the firmware was up to date. Used the download icon for the config and everything was there.

thanks

for all the fish
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
The HiFi Controller was updated in the middle of October to 5.6 and most have not updated since they only released that update on its own back in October with no email notification. Now that we released a full firmware update its now required to bring the HiFi Firmware to 5.6 for most that did not update it previously.
Just curious, is there a way OTHER than pulling a stats file to get the current HIFI firmware installed? I ended up saving a stat file to USB while the HIFI was on, then uploading to the website to confirm the latest firmware was installed.

Using ALP Connect really spoils you!

hiddencam

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Having trouble with this last step; I did a fresh format of the USB stick, put the UCSTHIFI.BIN file onto the stick and plugged it in, power cycled the ALP and it doesn't update. Below is a screenshot of my stats, which show HiFi version 5.1 and not the current version 5.6. Got any suggestions?

Attachments

• stats.jpg
    stats.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 31

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karamany