New Firmware Update Rolling Out

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Please be patient as this rolls out to serial numbers over the next 24-48 Hours. A new Configuration File is Mandatory... BT Users will be notified via the app when the update is available for their serial number. Please create and install a new configuration file with this update.

Control Box firmware update
5.4.3/7.5

1. New settings - Auto LID & AutoLID speed limit - Automatically reduces LID time when driving below the set AutoLID speed limit. *This setting requires a connected GPS Antenna
2. Laser interference defense (LID) setting was extended with two more options: 1 and 2 seconds
3. Bug fixes and both radar and laser performance improvements
4. Configuration file has changed.

Important notice:
It is likely that new configuration would not work properly on older Control Box firmware. So before updating to a new config file, you will need to update your Control Box to the latest firmware. Also, if you firmware update your ALP system you will need to modify your configuration in the Online configurator and upload new configuration, because old configuration would not run properly. This can be done by a USB drive or within the ALPConnect app.

ALPConnect users who have had their last configuration changed from within the app:
- go to Settings page,
- press Download under Configure ALP Online
- your configuration will automatically be adapted to new firmware.

ALP Connect users who have not saved their last system configuration from within the app:
- go to Settings page,
- press Modify under Configure ALP Online,
- check your settings (in every active profile), especially selected working mode and LID time,
- save your configuration
- and then return to settings page in your ALPConnect app and press Download under Configure ALP Online.

ALPConnect - Android

7.3A
1. Improved radar performance.
2. Bug fixes.

Last edited:

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Great! Thank you for the update!

I'm looking over the new settings on the website now so that I can update my ALP install guide and I'm a little confused by what the new AutoLID option does, exactly.

We already have an LID Speed Limit which turns jamming on and off depending on speed.

LID time is the AutoJTK timer.

What does AutoLID do, exactly? When you say it reduces the LID time, does it cut down on the AutoJTK timer when you're below speed or something? How much does it change things?

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
AUTO LID requires
Great! Thank you for the update!

I'm looking over the new settings on the website now so that I can update my ALP install guide and I'm a little confused by what the new AutoLID option does, exactly.

We already have an LID Speed Limit which turns jamming on and off depending on speed.

LID time is the AutoJTK timer.

What does AutoLID do, exactly? When you say it reduces the LID time, does it cut down on the AutoJTK timer when you're below speed or something? How much does it change things?

Auto LID will kill for you automatically at the designated speed. Enable it and you will see new menu.

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
AUTO LID requires

Auto LID will kill for you automatically at the designated speed. Enable it and you will see new menu.

So it's a JTK based on speed? How is this different than LID Speed Limit?

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
So it's a JTK based on speed? How is this different than LID Speed Limit?

LID Speed Limit is the speed you need to exceed for the jammers to Activate - Once activated it will kill based on your LID Time or if you hit the Kill switch.
Auto JTK will automatically kill for you as soon as you reach the chosen speed.

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
LID Speed Limit is the speed you need to exceed for the jammers to Activate - Once activated it will kill based on your LID Time or if you hit the Kill switch.
Auto JTK will automatically kill for you as soon as you reach the chosen level.

Gotcha, so LID Speed Limit is laser jammer activation, not deactivation. I thought LID Speed Limit did both. That explains it. Thanks. :)

UnderCover

Beep...Beep...Beep Beep...Beeeeeeeeeep!
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Updates WooHoo Sweet! Thanks! I'll update mine when I get out of work! Maybe I need to go on a road trip again. :D

Last edited:

smokinu454

county road cruising
Advanced User
Reaction score
@BestRadarDetectors I actually changed some settings around 8 am central time and uploaded to my unit running the last control firmware. When did the configurator change over? Am I going to have a disfunctional system until my unit it updated again?

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
@BestRadarDetectors I actually changed some settings around 8 am central time and uploaded to my unit running the last control firmware. When did the configurator change over? Am I going to have a disfunctional system until my unit it updated again?

At the time of my posting we updated the configuration page. If you are running 5.4.2 firmware then update the settings again to make sure. If you have BT follow the instructions at the bottom of my OP.

angrypenguin

SysOp
SysOp
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Does this fix the "tx head workaround"?

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Does this fix the "tx head workaround"?

Not even sure what you are talking about but if you have an issue with something please start your own topic. This thread is for what is listed in the OP only.

angrypenguin

SysOp
SysOp
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Not even sure what you are talking about but if you have an issue with something please start your own topic. This thread is for what is listed in the OP only.

[Post edited and my post removed as Holla answered my question downthread] /discretion

Last edited:

ThreePedals6.2

Motor Head
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Auto JTK will automatically kill for you as soon as you reach the chosen speed.

That's an Intresting option too add..though I probably won't use it..it will probably have it's place for many users.
Great idea

G37X Jockey

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Please be patient as this rolls out to serial numbers over the next 24-48 Hours. A new Configuration File is Mandatory... BT Users will be notified via the app when the update is available for their serial number. Please create and install a new configuration file with this update.

Control Box firmware update
5.4.2/7.5

1. New settings - Auto LID & AutoLID speed limit - Automatically reduces LID time when driving below the set AutoLID speed limit. *This setting requires a connected GPS Antenna
2. Laser interference defense (LID) setting was extended with two more options: 1 and 2 seconds
3. Bug fixes and both radar and laser performance improvements
4. Configuration file has changed.

Important notice:
It is likely that new configuration would not work properly on older Control Box firmware. So before updating to a new config file, you will need to update your Control Box to the latest firmware. Also, if you firmware update your ALP system you will need to modify your configuration in the Online configurator and upload new configuration, because old configuration would not run properly. This can be done by a USB drive or within the ALPConnect app.

ALPConnect users who have had their last configuration changed from within the app:
- go to Settings page,
- press Download under Configure ALP Online
- your configuration will automatically be adapted to new firmware.

ALP Connect users who have not saved their last system configuration from within the app:
- go to Settings page,
- press Modify under Configure ALP Online,
- check your settings (in every active profile), especially selected working mode and LID time,
- save your configuration
- and then return to settings page in your ALPConnect app and press Download under Configure ALP Online.

ALPConnect - Android

7.3A
1. Improved radar performance.
2. Bug fixes.

Just want to be sure I understand the new AutoJTK feature.
My LID timeout is 4 seconds.
LID speed limit is 60 kph.
AutoJTK speed limit is 100 kph.
If I get an alert at 120 kph, ALP will AutoJTK when I slow to 100 kph, or at 4 seconds, correct?
If I get an alert while below 100 kph, what will my LID timeout be? 4 seconds or something less?
Thanks

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Just want to be sure I understand the new AutoJTK feature.
My LID timeout is 4 seconds.
LID speed limit is 60 kph.
AutoJTK speed limit is 100 kph.
If I get an alert at 120 kph, ALP will AutoJTK when I slow to 100 kph, or at 4 seconds, correct?
If I get an alert while below 100 kph, what will my LID timeout be? 4 seconds or something less?
Thanks
If you tell it to kill under 100 and you are hit under 100 it would kill instantly. If you have it set to 100 and you are travelling 120 it will kill in either 4 seconds or 100 whichever occurs sooner.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

LIWrap

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I would love to see an option to enable or disable instant kill when hit under the auto kill speed.

For example I got hit not too long ago in a 40mph limit. I would have wanted a jam till manually killed, or pre-set time.

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
I would love to see an option to enable or disable instant kill when hit under the auto kill speed.

For example I got hit not too long ago in a 40mph limit. I would have wanted a jam till manually killed, or pre-set time.

Not sure I understand you? You already can do that now. If you set 5 seconds and want to kill sooner just tap any button on the controller and it will instantly kill or let the timer run out and it will then kill it.

LIWrap

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Not sure I understand you? You already can do that now. If you set 5 seconds and want to kill sooner just tap any button on the controller and it will instantly kill or let the timer run out and it will then kill it.
If I set an auto kill at 62mph and get hit while driving 40mph it will instant kill.

I would love to see an option to disable the instant kill if you're driving under the auto kill speed.

Posted from my G8142 using the RDF Mobile App!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karamany