New Stinger (VIP/Card) laser installation manual online

mikedotd

Arrow Enthusiast
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
http://www.stinger.com/downloads/STINGER_LASER_InstallManual_INT_V4.1.pdf

I stumbled upon this while going through their international site today. This new manual shows the laser heads attaching to a "Laser Center" which looks different than the previous "Laser Analyzer Box" that I have with my VIP. The "Laser Center" is also mentioned in their Freedom Laser installation manual, so I wonder if the LC will replace the LAB going forward on the VIP and Card?

Anyway, it's a sign of life over at Stinger.

@Stinger can you comment on this new "Laser Center" coming to the US market?

jon5

PSL + (O / U)
Advanced User
Reaction score
Last edited:

mikedotd

Arrow Enthusiast
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score

kjoy064

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
The laser system is their Laser Freedom, by the looks its gone with the LAB and in with the Freedom system

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Just had a chance to chat with Stinger. This new Laser Computer Center is designed for the Laser Freedom. Instead of relying on the VIP's "brains," the Freedom is standalone so the new computer center needs more brains than the current LAB, hence the new system.

Dragons

Breathing fire
Advanced User
Reaction score
Our local distributor, it was meant to have an option to link into the VIP somewhere, though going by this guide, that isn't the case.

jon5

PSL + (O / U)
Advanced User
Reaction score
Just had a chance to chat with Stinger. This new Laser Computer Center is designed for the Laser Freedom. Instead of relying on the VIP's "brains," the Freedom is standalone so the new computer center needs more brains than the current LAB, hence the new system.
IDK...
I don't buy that explanation. The Freedom Laser module is (should be) doing all the work.

Just my speculation, but it looks like they're trying to fix a hardware issue. At the very least the misnaming of the USB ports.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jnl