Ferrari 488 Spider

GTB

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Dealer installer is telling me they are having a hard time mounting the center regular laser jammer sensor in the front. They don't want to cut anything and I agree. Has anybody installed on a 488? Looking for some help on mounting options using 3 regular sensors.

CRS123

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
You will need to post pictures for the best advice.
CRS

GTB

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
A1BDD6A1-0DDB-41DC-BAAE-9DFB7FA093B0-1511-0000047DE7056ACF.jpeg

--- Post updated ---

CRS
Thanks....just uploaded a pic. I'm kind of hoping someone has done this car before.

Holla

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here you go--just need to make sure they are level and straight! about 20-24 inches from each other spaced out! 3M tape works beautifully--just gonna have to build up the brackets or whatever to get them all level since the grill has that flare in it

fertr.jpeg

Last edited:

GTB

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
CRS
Thanks....just uploaded a pic.
Here you go--just need to make sure they are level and straight! about 20-24 inches from each other spaced out!

View attachment 61898
Thank you but the placement location/spacing across the front is not the issue so much as how we mount it in the center without cutting and also to make it look good....really want it to be almost masked or certainly not obvious.

omgboost

Left Lane Hog
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
If a lidar gun can't see the sensors, they won't do you any good. Sort of like those truckers stickers, "if you can't see my mirrors, I can't see you".

The sensors will only be noticeable since you are looking for it. To the average eye, they won't really notice. You may want to fabricate some custom mounts to make it look more OE. Look up some of FX Audio's work for examples.

Reactions: GTB

Holla

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its gonna have to be somewhat obvious or its not gonna protect you! they have to be out in front off any obstacle ---mount it to the underside of the top bumper. the heads cannot be mounted back or recessed, it will not protect you

Reactions: GTB

chakeubeam

Vendor
Advanced User
Vendor
Reaction score
IMG_1080.JPG
IMG_1079.JPG
IMG_0812.JPG

RXs are going out right now , TX starting later in the week. Already have a few LSP/LI and ZR4 mounts made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shnay

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hey are you still making mounts? I need some ALP RX mounts that would look good on a 488. I got all my wires run just haven't mounted the sensors yet. Got to make something that looks like it belongs there. I can wire and do other stuff but crafting a nice mount isn't my specialty.

RedRocket

Lidar Shootist
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey are you still making mounts? I need some ALP RX mounts that would look good on a 488. I got all my wires run just haven't mounted the sensors yet. Got to make something that looks like it belongs there. I can wire and do other stuff but crafting a nice mount isn't my specialty.
Where you located ?
Did you see the recently Posted install here by Musicar on a 488 ?

shnay

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Where you located ?
Did you see the recently Posted install here by Musicar on a 488 ?
I’m in Atlanta, and I saw a post I thought was an older one. I posted there too if it’s the same one I’m thinking of.

RedRocket

Lidar Shootist
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m in Atlanta, and I saw a post I thought was an older one. I posted there too if it’s the same one I’m thinking of.
If it was the one from Oct. of last year then we're talking the same Thread in the "Show Off Your Install" forum. There's a good installer in ATL but I do not know if they do 3D printing for custom mounts for the AL-P transponders.

I believe @BestRadarDetectors has a List of preferred Shops nationwide & maybe it's on his website.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bas