BLINDER HP-905 Compact

radarrob

Newcumber
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
At this point put it in a box and ship it to Blinder.

deanoobaby

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
SORRY TO HEAR

at least you can rule out the switch as you first thought !

reading though the last few comments sounds like you may of fried it by sending power down the 4 position switch wires ? im pretty sure these are low voltage + signal related wires....i curtanly wouldnt trust the colour code either reason it says power on the side of the CPU

some unanswered questions so i can now only suggest before installing another cpu to have your wiring checked by a qualified person to see if the wiring and truck are compatible

ps could you post a pic of your cpu internals top and bottom
Post automatically merged:

Hear are pics of CPU, I certainly hope I haven't fried my CPU. The Best Buy guy that installed it seemed to know what he was doing, but maybe not... If you want different pics, I can do more I think....
[/QUOTE]

? looks like the centre pin earth has removed itself from the board also i maybe wrong but is that look burnt on the other 2 terminals specailly that power connection

001 (2).JPG

Last edited:

chap

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

Hear are pics of CPU, I certainly hope I haven't fried my CPU. The Best Buy guy that installed it seemed to know what he was doing, but maybe not... If you want different pics, I can do more I think....

? looks like the centre pin earth has removed itself from the board also i maybe wrong but is that look burnt on the other 2 terminals specailly that power connection

View attachment 138867
[/QUOTE]

I took it apart again, and I still cant see any burnt parts with the naked Eye. But I did put CPU back together and connected up the USB wire I have for updating. It still updates and the little green light comes on, like its getting power. I am almost at the point to send it back, but I dont know Bonnie's (Blinder) phone number or address, Maybe to get an RA#...I have messaged her with no reply (Im sure she is busy). I wish I could talk to a tech, because it may be something simple...I may get under dash and check where installer got power. He had told me he hooked it up with the accessory wire and had power with his meter....thanks for reply

Last edited:

deanoobaby

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score

View attachment 138867

I took it apart again, and I still cant see any burnt parts with the naked Eye. But I did put CPU back together and connected up the USB wire I have for updating. It still updates and the little green light comes on, like its getting power. I am almost at the point to send it back, but I dont know Bonnie's (Blinder) phone number or address, Maybe to get an RA#...I have messaged her with no reply (Im sure she is busy). I wish I could talk to a tech, because it may be something simple...I may get under dash and check where installer got power. He had told me he hooked it up with the accessory wire and had power with his meter....thanks for reply
[/QUOTE]

it could be just a shadow that im seeing but the 3 pins going into the board one looks shiny

also just zoomed in on your jumper that you recently installed i dare say that right hand pin has no contact ?

002.JPG

chap

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

it could be just a shadow that im seeing but the 3 pins going into the board one looks shiny

also just zoomed in on your jumper that you recently installed i dare say that right hand pin has no contact ?

View attachment 138918
[/QUOTE]
I am about ready to give up. The three prong still looks good to me. I turned the jumper around to try to make sure connections were good. I even hooked up the CPU to my USB port on truck to see if I could get power that way, without hooking up power wire and with the jumper in, and hooked up transponders...When I did that, L/P turned green, #1 on CPU was not lit up, #2 had red light, #3 had green light, #4 had green light, Just like I was updating it, I think....Still wish I had a phone number or address so I could talk to Blinder people...thanks so much for your help....

deanoobaby

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score

View attachment 138918
I am about ready to give up. The three prong still looks good to me. I turned the jumper around to try to make sure connections were good. I even hooked up the CPU to my USB port on truck to see if I could get power that way, without hooking up power wire and with the jumper in, and hooked up transponders...When I did that, L/P turned green, #1 on CPU was not lit up, #2 had red light, #3 had green light, #4 had green light, Just like I was updating it, I think....Still wish I had a phone number or address so I could talk to Blinder people...thanks so much for your help....
[/QUOTE]
good luck

on the blinder web site its noted that usb is not for powering up the cpu just saying

Last edited:

chap

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
good luck

on the blinder web site its noted that usb is not for powering up the cpu just saying
[/QUOTE]
Just looked at ALP, and they looked pretty expensive...

chap

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
They are expensive. And the best.
Can you tell me what is the best place to buy a triple unit? Im just looking righ
They are expensive. And the best.
Can you tell me where the best place to buy a triple ALP? I am just looking, in case Blinder will not respond....thanks

Smason

What is a PSL?
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Can you tell me what is the best place to buy a triple unit? Im just looking righ

Can you tell me where the best place to buy a triple ALP? I am just looking, in case Blinder will not respond....thanks
There are several people on RDF that sell ALP.

@BestRadarDetectors I believe runs alp sales for USA.

@kmph does Canada sales.

Depending on your location the TMG laser Jammer is also an option. There is improvements to be made on Dragoneye jamming but overall it is a good jammer and depending on the guns you face, is a cheaper option. You can contact @Jag42

For all, I'm not affiliated with either companies. This is just my knowledge of who's who in the zoo.

deanoobaby

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
good luck

Just looked at ALP, and they looked pretty expensive...
[/QUOTE]
that acronym of ALP sure does draw attention LOL

antilaser has always been over priced and im sure if blinder was just as good as they promised years ago they would also overpriced there models by now

perfect example in your case

Compare build qaulity... Compare performance ....Compare Customer service has your still waiting for a response from [email protected] with no other contact details apart from a name of BonnieG

as a long time AL owner from the G8 /G9 to ALP every time i have had issiues i have had responces in a day or 2 to 3 working days from bad heads bad cpus memo card issiues etc ....BRD on the forum has also helped me out over night even though he is on the other side of the planet

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itfitz