2017 Challenger ALP/Net Radar install

hellcatguy

Living the dream
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
First I would like to thank RedRocket and Tom at BRD for their advice as well as the exemplary service from Tom in switching out my blue tooth cable.
Below are some photos of my install. I used a pro clip mount for adjustability to get the sensors level and square.
So far the Net Radar works much better than my former Stinger setup.
Once I get the rear sensors mounted, I hope to get the system tested.

IMG_0425 (2).JPG IMG_0426.JPG IMG_0421 (2).JPG IMG_0422.JPG IMG_0424 (2).JPG

gapi

Slippery Rabbit
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like the mounting hardware!

WNCmotard

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Very clean!

thanks

for all the fish
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks great! Which mount is it? How do you lock the desired position?
I looked into the pro clip mounts, so I checked with them if they were tested for outdoor use, their reply:

>> OK, we have never tested for anything like that so I cannot say how it would work.
If you decide to try I would recommend looking at our 215500 instead.
It is much more robust and longer lasting:
http://www.proclipusa.com/product/tilt-swivel-mount-with-amps-face-plate-heavy

gapi

Slippery Rabbit
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine are holding up fine. Been on since Febuary. They are the small ones, not the larger ones.

blk_chrome_shell_01.jpg

thanks

for all the fish
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
@gapi, I could not find your install thread where I believe I asked you about the pro clips.
How did you mount the pro clip to the grill? 3M, Sugru?
How do you fix the mount position so it does not lose its orientation? Does it screw tighten?
Thanks!

gapi

Slippery Rabbit
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score

Tjg81296

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
First I would like to thank RedRocket and Tom at BRD for their advice as well as the exemplary service from Tom in switching out my blue tooth cable.
Below are some photos of my install. I used a pro clip mount for adjustability to get the sensors level and square.
So far the Net Radar works much better than my former Stinger setup.
Once I get the rear sensors mounted, I hope to get the system tested.

View attachment 60226 View attachment 60227 View attachment 60223 View attachment 60224 View attachment 60225
I have a 16' Hellcat. I need to get off my butt and do the ALP install. Did you use a TX head? How was the cable routing? Where are you located?

691fc3382652be370a02359f1f6ca622.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hellcatguy

Living the dream
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind comments. I got the proclip idea from gapi. The picture and model # are in this post. The unit is very tight and takes a bit to move so far a week of driving hand car washes etc they have yet to move. There is a screw in the center of the device to make it tighter. I used 3 regular heads. I ran the right wire through the opening between the grill and the inner "headlamp" housing. Took the upper trim off of the radiator support and ran it underneath. I ran the center sensor wire as well as the net radar wire along the back top edge of the grill. There is a slight recess to tuck the wires in. One spot I rolled a piece of the 3m/scotch double sided tape around the wire which held it in place. Ran those wire along with the left sensor wire through the opening between the grill and left inner "headlamp". Cable tied them together and ran them along the hood release cable. I used the wiring harness grommet to the right of the brake booster to enter the cabin. it is a double rubber type of grommet. I used a small Philips screw driver to poke the hole through. I used an old ball point pen with the inside removed to put over the clip end of the wire. A little silicone spray and each wire went in very easy all wound up in one neat bundle. They come out just above the parking brake mechanism. I used the scotch heavy duty double sided tape from home depot to mount all of clips as well as the sensor bracket to the clips. Although it is scotch branded the markings on the inside of the roll seem to be the same 3m markings and brand as the tape in the ALP kit. I had a Stinger setup which I glued inside the grill openings which was a PITA to get level and square. I removed all of that and the proclips made the install and leveling a dream thanks to gapi's post. I live in NY about an hour north of NYC. Tjg81296 I see by the inspection sticker you are somewhere in NJ.

proclip 215453.jpg proclip 215453

Attachments

gapi

Slippery Rabbit
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, I too replaced the Phillips locking screw with a hex cap bolt. Its on the bottom, nice and easy to get at if any alignment is needed.

You can see on the swivel below the others how I used a belt sander to trim some bulk for fit. It was for the center one so it needed some trimming.
alp_sensor_mount03.jpg

Here is how I drilled the holes in my shell insert. It doesn't take long. And you can see more of the swivel trim work.
alp_sensor_mount04.jpg

Here is some work in progress to mount my Rear TX into my third brake light. I used a CNC router bit commonly used on fiber glass and acrylics.
tx_3rd_brake_light01.jpg

The area I'm using is for an optional reverse camera and is sealed off from the LED lamp area. Thats the trunk release button on the right.
tx_3rd_brake_light02.jpg

Here is my test plug cut to the TX dimensions but longer. The TX measures 1.060" wide, x 0.0380" high, by 1.50" deep.
When I'm done I'll have two RX sensors above the tag and the TX there.
tx_3rd_brake_light03.jpg

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zippy