V1Drive Override V1 Connection LE Settings??

jcATX09

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I apologize if this has already been discussed. I was having some difficulty finding an answer to my question. I just recently purchased the most recent model V1, Savvy unit and iOS bluetooth adapter and have it all installed and running properly. I have 4 custom profiles set in the V1 Connection app on my iPhone 7 plus with custom Ka sweeps and custom K band mute settings. My question is, does V1 Driver override or (temporarily) affect these settings when it's opened?

For example, if I have the "Override Savvy Thumbwheel" set to "On" with a speed setting of 55mph (in the V1 Connection App) and I've successfully loaded that profile on to the V1, will the V1Driver app override that speed setting if I have it set to 30 MPH in V1Driver?

If V1 Driver does temporarily override your V1 profiles you've establish in V1 Connection, does it stop when you close out the app?

How about if I have X-Band alerts turned off in V1 Connection but I have V1driver set to notify of an incoming x-band signal?

I'm also having issues connecting via bluetooth on my phone through V1 Connection. "V1 Not found" frequently pops up and I usually have to turn off bluetooth and turn it back on, close out the app and re open, etc...also there seems to be some issues loading the profiles too. I'm using all the OEM cables and they're plugged into the Savvy unit correctly.

Again, sorry if this has already been discussed elsewhere, I've searched for about 30 minutes before typing this up and couldn't find answers. If anyone has insight to these questions/issues or can point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

CaptainGizmo

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
The author (and a couple others) have helped me understand the purpose of V1D: which is, V1D is basically a "Muting" app. So, "SETTINGS" that you've loaded into V1 aren't affected.

However, since SAAVY is a SEPARATE piece of MUTING HARDWARE, V1D DOES allow you to override the settings of that piece of hardware.

As for V1C not connecting, you've probably got V1D already connected...and those two CONNECT be connected simultaneously; V1D must be Quit, or the Bluetooth must be toggled off by tapping that section in the V1D app. Then you'll be able to connect with V1C.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thanks

for all the fish
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Great choice for V1 and V1Driver! For iOS users, for the most part, most only use V1 Connection to setup the profiles then use V1 Driver. I know there are some settings in V1 Connection which are specific to the app, and only are used while the app is running. For one, the Box settings are only valid while running the V1 Connection app and do not do anything once you exit the app. The savvy override may be another, but I'm not sure. Once you start using V1Driver in the background, there would be no need for the savvy, as V1Driver can also handle GPS speed muting. Yes, and only 1 app open for the dongle at a time.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
As stated above your profile is in the V1 and is not touched.

But Savvy Hardware is special and it does override the speed.
But as soon as no app is running the Savvy speed goes back to the wheel and that is true for V1C app as well.

As far as multiple profiles goes I think there is less need to have them when running V1D. If you need X band leave it on and let it lock the Falses. That is safer because you don't have to remember to turn it on or off.

Set V1 to be the most conservative and let V1Driver do the rest.

V1Driver does read your profile in V1 and adjusts its behavior accordingly.

thanks

for all the fish
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
After playing with multiple profiles, I now just have NoX and X. For local driving, leaving X on with lockouts is fine, but when on roadtrips, lockouts would not really help.

jcATX09

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Once you start using V1Driver in the background, there would be no need for the savvy, as V1Driver can also handle GPS speed muting. Yes, and only 1 app open for the dongle at a time.

Since I live in an apartment with a parking garage I would actually prefer Savvy to be running to mute the K band signals from the entrance/exit gates. I don't get GPS signal in the garage unfortunately. What also sucks is that in V1C I had it set to completely unmute above 5 lights which I now realize I'll have to turn off if I don't want my V1 to blow up every time I hop into my truck to leave my apartment.

I guess there's just no perfect setting or app which is what I was hoping for. I guess for my morning commute (which is only 5 minutes I could create a profile to completely disable K and X band). I'm just scared to since some Austin TX Police shoot K band from the newer explorer cruisers but it's been very rare that I've seen that.

I guess the plus with V1Driver is that it's easily adjustable even when the app is running in the background but I'm not a big fan of the layout of it. It would be cool if they came up with some different options for presentations.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Since I live in an apartment with a parking garage I would actually prefer Savvy to be running to mute the K band signals from the entrance/exit gates. I don't get GPS signal in the garage unfortunately. What also sucks is that in V1C I had it set to completely unmute above 5 lights which I now realize I'll have to turn off if I don't want my V1 to blow up every time I hop into my truck to leave my apartment.

I guess there's just no perfect setting or app which is what I was hoping for. I guess for my morning commute (which is only 5 minutes I could create a profile to completely disable K and X band). I'm just scared to since some Austin TX Police shoot K band from the newer explorer cruisers but it's been very rare that I've seen that.

I guess the plus with V1Driver is that it's easily adjustable even when the app is running in the background but I'm not a big fan of the layout of it. It would be cool if they came up with some different options for presentations.

You can change presentation.

You can set a grace period for emulated savvy for garages etc.

It can also take advantage of hardware savvy. And still have selectable bands as well.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glockman03