R3 firmware

gugarci

Hiding in Plain Sight
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Not yet. With 1.26 I could make it happen quickly with some K band door openers. With 1.28 I had to sit for like 5 minutes before one eventually one popped up.

I've been running Ka Wide and Ka Filter Off and get almost no ghosting in practice. Once or twice I did get a 34.8 false, but nothing like before.

It's a big improvement so far, but not yet a total fix. Sounds like they're going to continue improving things and adding features (like band priority alerts) before releasing it as public.
By sitting for almost 5 minutes did you mean sitting in the same spot while the detector was falsing before the ghosting happened?
If yes that's a huge improvement.

Glock21

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
If any of you beta testers have some sway with Uniden please ask them to turn up the brightness a notch with the next FW. I am having a hard time reading the display in bright sunlight. Had the same issue with the Max. No problem with the RL or RX-65. Sucks to get old.

wayne77

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
1.28 is a huge improvement over 1.26 ! Bsm is really good,minimum Ka ghosting,improved lock outs,main display color match. Stay tuned for more.
Are you guys saying bsm's are even better with 1.28?

Last edited:

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
By sitting for almost 5 minutes did you mean sitting in the same spot while the detector was falsing before the ghosting happened?
If yes that's a huge improvement.
I do believe that's what he means.

dmulk

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I have a question: do any of you know whether you can roll back to an earlier firmware? Just curious because some devices prevent it. If the Uniden prevents it...maybe roll back is a feature we want (sorry....Network support guy in me is coming out...lol)

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
I have a question: do any of you know whether you can roll back to an earlier firmware? Just curious because some devices prevent it. If the Uniden prevents it...maybe roll back is a feature we want (sorry....Network support guy in me is coming out...lol)
You can easy load any firmware version.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jcritical

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
is there a way to contact uniden about implementing certain features?

For one, it would be nice to have an automatic brightness shift when its night time. Manually dimming it is fine, but itll be a cool feature for those like me who like a plug and play device.
Two, while most of the forum seems to like the Ka sound, it would be awesome to have a selection of sounds.

ballz50401

Flying to learn
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score

dmulk

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
is there a way to contact uniden about implementing certain features?

For one, it would be nice to have an automatic brightness shift when its night time. Manually dimming it is fine, but itll be a cool feature for those like me who like a plug and play device.
Two, while most of the forum seems to like the Ka sound, it would be awesome to have a selection of sounds.
Funny you should suggest this....was just thinking the other day that I miss this on my Redline....

westwind77

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Sure, they could write it into the firmware.....but they can not magically add the sensor that monitors ambient light through your USB cable to accomplish this :)

RobK

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sure, they could write it into the firmware.....but they can not magically add the sensor that monitors ambient light through your USB cable to accomplish this :)
True but for the R3 you can use the gps clock to dim at a certain time.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

dmulk

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Doesn't the redline do it using the rear laser sensor on the unit?

EDIT: actually it sounds like the sensor is in the front of the unit. Wonder if the R3 has one but the feature isn't enabled yet....?

Last edited:

meismyname

SysOp
SysOp
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with that function.
How does one do that?
The specific function being discussed here is otherwise known as an astrological timer. This is commonly used for porch lights, among other things. Essentially, for a specific date in the year, as well as depending on northern or southern hemisphere, the sun sets and rises at specific times. That data could be loaded into the detector so it could dim the screen at night. Unless there's some way to use the laser sensor as an ambient light sensor, it's the best that's possible with current hardware.

jcritical

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I was thinking something as simple as dimming after 6-8PM or so with a clock but that works too haha

FWGuy

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
The specific function being discussed here is otherwise known as an astrological timer. This is commonly used for porch lights, among other things. Essentially, for a specific date in the year, as well as depending on northern or southern hemisphere, the sun sets and rises at specific times. That data could be loaded into the detector so it could dim the screen at night. Unless there's some way to use the laser sensor as an ambient light sensor, it's the best that's possible with current hardware.
My Garmin GPS does this. At sunset (which changes depending upon the time of year), the GPS map changes to a darker color. This isn't a perfect description of what happens but it's the best way I can explain it.

Dan

spongebobradarpants

aka "The Grouch"
Advanced User
Reaction score
Doesn't the redline do it using the rear laser sensor on the unit?

EDIT: actually it sounds like the sensor is in the front of the unit. Wonder if the R3 has one but the feature isn't enabled yet....?
Someone said that's how the V1 does it.

Rango

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
1.28 is a huge improvement over 1.26 ! Bsm is really good,minimum Ka ghosting,improved lock outs,main display color match. Stay tuned for more.
What do you mean by: "main display color match". Are you referring to city/hwy display matching colors blue or red of color one chooses ?
Right now it's same color for all display choices, yellow and white i believe. Is that going to change to blue or red matching display color?

Last edited:

gugarci

Hiding in Plain Sight
Intermediate User
Reaction score
What do you mean by: "main display color match". Are you referring to city/hwy display matching colors blue or red of color one chooses ?
Right now it's same color for all display choices, yellow and white i believe. Is that going to change to blue or red matching display color?
That would be nice if they can make the colors for the City/HWY match but after using only red color displays in the past I love blue. :)

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abadd