ignored

CaptainGizmo

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Ok. I've tried to find out what this "ignored" message means during a Ka alert.

dac326ae045152ef9b9d89bbb5b354b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CaptainGizmo

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
[MENTION=8778]mswlogo[/MENTION] ?

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
[MENTION=12461]tphank1[/MENTION] answered it. :)

CaptainGizmo

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Interesting. Ok. I just interpret ignored in the complete reverse sense then. I see it as meaning ignoring the alert, in the same fashion as mute means mute the alert, or duplicate means a duplicate signal.

CaptainGizmo

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Maybe "Legit"...
Or
"The Real Deal...SLOW DOWN!"

[emoji6]

thanks

for all the fish
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I too was confused, but if you look at the text that is used, it shows what is controlling the muting.... V1Driver is a tool to mute the V1. We don't want it doing ANYTHING to a Ka alert, so it ignores it, unless you instruct it to do otherwise...

Maybe if you have Logging set, it should indicate that the alert was logged.

PointerCone

M3 Kng
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Ok. I've tried to find out what this "ignored" message means during a Ka alert.

dac326ae045152ef9b9d89bbb5b354b9.jpg

[MENTION=14033]CaptainGizmo[/MENTION]. Did you get a verbal from V1D such as "Ka 34.7 rear" and the V1 alerted both aurally and visually. It wasn't out of box from what I can tell ?

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I too was confused, but if you look at the text that is used, it shows what is controlling the muting.... V1Driver is a tool to mute the V1. We don't want it doing ANYTHING to a Ka alert, so it ignores it, unless you instruct it to do otherwise...

Maybe if you have Logging set, it should indicate that the alert was logged.

Exactly.

That is a one line "log" telling you why it's letting it ALARM you.

When it says "ignored" your V1 should be blinking, beeping, bogey displayed on V1Driver, frequency displayed on V1Driver and Voice notifying you.

It's says "ignored" because you told V1Driver to "ignore it" by shutting that band off from Autolearn.
If it was muted, you look down and see why it was muted.

It's not an "Alarm status" it's a very terse reason for its current handling of an alert.

Tphank1 is right it could say logged too, but as far as it not taking any action, it's still ignored.

Last edited:

HeartDoctor

PSL + 5 never more;)
Advanced User
Reaction score
It's semantics. From the perspective of the App an opportunity to mute was Ignored. From the driver's seat an Alert was sounded. We here understand that but which is a better way to communicate with future users?

WJS

A low profile can be the best defense
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
It's semantics. From the perspective of the App an opportunity to mute was Ignored. From the driver's seat an Alert was sounded. We here understand that but which is a better way to communicate with future users?

They'll eventually understand it too. It took me a couple of days but it makes perfect sense. My only thought would be to remove the 'ignore' status from the UI. Since the app isn't doing anything with the signal and it seems to cause user confusion, ditch it.

CaptainGizmo

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
[MENTION=14033]CaptainGizmo[/MENTION]. Did you get a verbal from V1D such as "Ka 34.7 rear" and the V1 alerted both aurally and visually. It wasn't out of box from what I can tell ?

Yes, I did get a verbal alert as well as the iOS Notification Banner shown in screenshot.

CaptainGizmo

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Am learning what the "philosophy" of what V1D does; aka "it's a MUTING" function.

I guess I think of it as totally different, and suppose others would as well. That particular area on the screen is a "MUTING" description section. Got it.

So, if that section describes the action taken on MUTING rather than on ALERTS, then perhaps we can come up with better description consistent with the various descriptors? So, are these two terms consistent with the condition of MUTED; therefore the "reason why"?.

Muting is __duplicate__
Muting is __ignored__
Muting is ____________

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
It's not just muting.

As an alert comes in, V1Driver has to decide what to do with it.
EVERY alert, it might receive an alert 100 times or more.
What it does the first time it sees it might be different than what does with it 10 milliseconds later.

Like I said, it's a 1 line log of what it decided to do with it.

If it updated a new or learning pin when it first sees an alert it will say new or learning, the subsequent alerts are labeled duplicate.
It stays duplicate until you drive outside the radius Tolerance or enough time goes by. It's short for already updated pin.

See the TIP

35616199656_04028d5f59_b_d.jpg

CaptainGizmo

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks for the extra tutorial, [MENTION=8778]mswlogo[/MENTION], it helps.

I appreciate your considerable efforts and thought processes with this app!!

Even still, seeing that an alert is "ignored", in my opinion, just sounds bad. But, I'm glad to at least have a full understanding of the intent.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the extra tutorial, [MENTION=8778]mswlogo[/MENTION], it helps.

I appreciate your considerable efforts and thought processes with this app!!

Even still, seeing that an alert is "ignored", in my opinion, just sounds bad. But, I'm glad to at least have a full understanding of the intent.

Think of V1Driver primarily as V1Muter (not V1Alerter), if the "Muter" App is to ignore something, what do you think will/should happen? it won't mute.

The V1 is the primary "Alerting" device. V1Driver's job it to selectively mute it, when it thinks it should. But sometimes it ignores the alert and lets the V1 Alert full throttle.

That line is like a "foot note" (oh by the way, I'm ignoring that one, I'm muting because your under savvy, I found a gpsMute pin so that's why it's muted, I created a new pin for that alert, I just got alerted again and see I recently already created a pin for it so its "duplicate" information etc.).

I should provide a key, but the list is very long and sometimes very technical (you'll ask even more questions if you saw the whole list :) ).

Last edited:

CaptainGizmo

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
LOVE IT!!! Hey, seriously...you should just transfer all these awesome tips and notes into a simple FAQ page (accessed in the app) rather than Tool Tips!

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
LOVE IT!!! Hey, seriously...you should just transfer all these awesome tips and notes into a simple FAQ page (accessed in the app) rather than Tool Tips!

FAQ pages get out of sync. The TIP's are right at the code implementing it. They are also right at the control your twiddling and you don't have to go digging for it.
TIP's may improve in the future so they are not as annoying to leave on and perhaps have hyper links. I rather work on that, than a FAQ.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mc227