GPS Pin Info Decision

Vancity23

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hi all, when I click on a Pin it shows these options; Delete Change to GPS Mute or White Area. Can someone explain please? Thanks.

CaptainGizmo

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Sure...

The WHITE AREA is kinda like a White List, in that it allows everything to alert for that area. IOW, prevents a lockout.

GPS MUTE forces the pin to tell V1 to mute the alerts in this area. IOW, it locks out alerts based on the area of that pin.

I not 100% sure, but I believe that the logic of V1D here, is that doing the above will affect that band in which the pin was detecting IF converting a pin. However, of you are dropping a pin MANUALLY, then my suspicion is that it affects ALL bands.

I'm sure [MENTION=8778]mswlogo[/MENTION] will elaborate if I've not done a good job. Don't forget about the pop up help when you first launch and tap the different areas on the screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vancity23

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply that helps. I did click on the window pops but wasnt sure. If mswlogo could add his comments that would be great but I am sure he is a busy guy...

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
[MENTION=14087]LexusISF[/MENTION]

Actually I forgot myself that there is a PIN Legend built in but it's kind of buried :).

On the Map Tab if you tap "nnn Records" at the top you'll get a Tool Tip on the gestures that control has.
When you double tap "nnn Records" control the whole Screen will loop through different Layouts.

On some layouts you will see more "Picker Wheels". And if you Tap those Picker Wheels you'll get a Tip on that Wheel as well.

If you Tap the Pin Filter wheel on the lower right (once exposed) you'll get a Tip explaining each PIN Type.
To match the Color with the PIN Type name just spin the Picker Wheel.

34720301544_83ae261fa5_b_d.jpg

Last edited:

Vancity23

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks for the great explanations. I contiune to learn and enjoy the App!

CaptainGizmo

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
[MENTION=14087]LexusISF[/MENTION]

On the Map Tab if you tap "nnn Records" at the top you'll get a Tool Tip on the gestures that control has.
When you double tap "nnn Records" control the whole Screen will loop through different Layouts.

For me, a single tap cycles map layouts;
Double tap brings the picker wheels into view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charliebird