Official Uniden R1/R3 issues guide

Whiskey Bravo

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
My R3 on a 2016 Chevrolet SS (Holden) had the power cut out issue. Went to eBay, purchased a couple 16V 100 ufd (microfarad) 5 x 7mm aluminum electrolytic capacitors, wired them to the 12V leads, PROBLEM SOLVED. No issues since. The capacitors were $1.00 plus $2.99 shipping plus tax. I have one left over for another vehicle, if needed.

Easy and no need to run any more wires.

Note: This issue was not evident with a BEL 300 detector; apparently, the R3 is sensitive to transients on the line.
Possible to show a diagram of your capacitor install on the 12v leads?

danobob81

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Bit of an issue, my new to me r3 was updated with the latest firmware thanks Mithheru and was working perfectly but suddenly the sound stopped working. Tried reflashing but it keeps failing on the download with a message that download failed reconnect and retry. Bottom corner is saying sound data as if thats the part that it gets stuck on. Tried recovery mode, it goes a bit further then same message. Think I have a brick!

Did you figure this out. I have the exact same issue with an r1. Tried several computers and cords and firmware versions. and the update fails on the audio everytime

dudeinnz

NZCTG
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Did you figure this out. I have the exact same issue with an r1. Tried several computers and cords and firmware versions. and the update fails on the audio everytime
Make sure you install the drivers prior to connecting the RD.

danobob81

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Make sure you install the drivers prior to connecting the RD.
I did. on 3 different computers. it had original firmware from 3+ years ago and tried to install the newest. it gets through the ui update then starts audio update then fails. Even with the older versions where the audio is seperate i can do the ui update fine but the audio update doesnt work.

dudeinnz

NZCTG
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I did. on 3 different computers. it had original firmware from 3+ years ago and tried to install the newest. it gets through the ui update then starts audio update then fails. Even with the older versions where the audio is seperate i can do the ui update fine but the audio update doesnt work.
That is odd, I would suggest trying it in recovery mode, and also trying to reach out to Uniden. Unless someone here might have a solution.

danobob81

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
That is odd, I would suggest trying it in recovery mode, and also trying to reach out to Uniden. Unless someone here might have a solution.
Yes i've tried both. uniden figures it's a physical issue, but worked before i tried updating. Its pretty much my last hope that someone here had an answer.

Viking59

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Lost the display on my R3 while running it on my S1000XR. Sent it in to Uniden, and they fixed it. Not sure if this is a common issue or not.

taoseno

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Speaker is going out on my R3...........

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49