nissan 370z roadster with redline/max 360 and Blinder HP Compact 905 anti-laser

infiniti

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Updated November 2017

Traded for a new ride. Corvette Z06

I now have an ALP quint setup plus a TX head in the rear, 9500ci head facing rearward in back bumper, and an R3 on the windshield. ALP LED is on the A pillar.

I'm very happy with the setup. I get directional information on KA only, exceptional range in both directions, top of the line lidar CMs and controls at my fingertips.

Attachments

Last edited:

Biohazardous

Finding the loopholes
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Could be the angle but it looks like your heads are placed too far back, wont know unless you get your system tested. And maybe fix the angle of the redline to be more level.(if that is normally how you run it)

rider9195

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Off to a great start it seems.

Agreed with the above post. Maybe try and get those heads protruding out more, also have someone test them for you.

infiniti

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I found a user who can help me test them. I'll report results of the test after we run it.

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

By The way, They Are Flush With The Plastic Above them.

Last edited:

infiniti

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
For interim testing, I put the car about 20 yards from me down the driveway this morning and tried my bushnell range finder (as I've read on the forum may work for an approximate test).

With the system off, I was able to pull the distance only off of my two headlights and the center emblem. With the system on, I was not able to lock on any distance on the headlight or emblem until the third pull of the trigger. When I took a video of what was happening from the inside of the car, I heard two actions on the blinder laser and the third was silent (it's set to jam for 3 seconds then stop).

Worked perfectly with this interim test. I look forward to using a real laser gun soon.

RedRocket

Lidar Shootist
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Worked perfectly with this interim test. I look forward to using a real laser gun soon.
[MENTION=7507]infiniti[/MENTION]
Word to the wise, if your travels take you to either of these places (Youngstown or Burlington Heights) only drive @ PSL,...DragonEye Lidar guns are used there & HP-905 sys. cannot protect you against them !

Last edited:

infiniti

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you for that. Does the ALP system protect from dragoneye?

Biohazardous

Finding the loopholes
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, yes it does. Range finders typically don't have the output to show any potential PTs there may be in a set up. They work well for function but determining any weak spots you need a LIDAR gun test.

RedRocket

Lidar Shootist
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, that would be a cautionary YES. However, members who have been caught have Posted pix of the Tickets for speeding & we've found both Towns are dirty "back shooters" ! So to be protected, you would also need 3 Rear Transponders. It'd be cheaper to just slow down & drive PSL when there.

detaillls

I AM Your Rabbit
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
It'd be cheaper to just slow down & drive PSL when there.
Wise words.... sometimes the countermeasure world need common sense over technology.

infiniti

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I swapped over to ALPs - two front and two rear. Had a member help me test the front with Truspeed S and they worked very well. I just installed the rears today and look forward to getting them tested. I ensured they were level and straight and tested them with a bushnell range finder and they worked very well. Hopefully, I'll have good results in the real world test. What a pain the rear installs were. With the roadster, you have three compartments to work through - cabin, soft top storage space, trunk...

While I envy the professional installs I've seen on here, my budget (shared with my wife) won't support that level of perfection.20160809_163319.jpg

chaz517

ctpalmtrees.com
Advanced User
Reaction score
I swapped over to ALPs - two front and two rear. Had a member help me test the front with Truspeed S and they worked very well. I just installed the rears today and look forward to getting them tested. I ensured they were level and straight and tested them with a bushnell range finder and they worked very well. Hopefully, I'll have good results in the real world test. What a pain the rear installs were. With the roadster, you have three compartments to work through - cabin, soft top storage space, trunk...

While I envy the professional installs I've seen on here, my budget (shared with my wife) won't support that level of perfection.View attachment 47463
Ill be THAT guy. The rears are WAYYYYYY too close

infiniti

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
That's ok. That may be the case. I couldn't fit the left one to the left of my backup camera without major bumper surgery, so I'll have it tested here before exploring options to separate them further. I look forward to getting them tested and hope that this will work for me. The car isn't that wide (but admittedly has whale-sized tail lights)

chaz517

ctpalmtrees.com
Advanced User
Reaction score
That's ok. That may be the case. I couldn't fit the left one to the left of my backup camera without major bumper surgery, so I'll have it tested here before exploring options to separate them further. I look forward to getting them tested and hope that this will work for me. The car isn't that wide (but admittedly has whale-sized tail lights)
Looks sweet man. Yeah, it is those damn lights im worried about. At leaast thats not the front!

infiniti

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I tested it again pretty thoroughly with a bushnell laser range finder and can't get any reading on the tail lights. I measured and the tail light is within 22" of the sensor. Also, it may not be obvious in the photo, but the tail lights are curved severely - there is only a small portion (4 inches wide) that is really facing rearward. I'm cautiously optimistic about the testing and will report back when I get it done.

chaz517

ctpalmtrees.com
Advanced User
Reaction score
I tested it again pretty thoroughly with a bushnell laser range finder and can't get any reading on the tail lights. I measured and the tail light is within 22" of the sensor. Also, it may not be obvious in the photo, but the tail lights are curved severely - there is only a small portion (4 inches wide) that is really facing rearward. I'm cautiously optimistic about the testing and will report back when I get it done.
Nice! We both know, it needs the reallll test though!

infiniti

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree. Just curious - how many rear laser encounters have you experienced?

chaz517

ctpalmtrees.com
Advanced User
Reaction score
Agree. Just curious - how many rear laser encounters have you experienced?
Personally I have never been hit with laser in the rear, and have seen just 2 rear laser traps ever. Both in CT

infiniti

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I've just ordered the Net Radar add on to my ALPs and will install that this weekend. Considering running the net radar on k and the redline inside for KA only - selling my Max360. Will see how it goes.

infiniti

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
My main post was updated today.

I've now gotten rid of the Max 360 (too many false alerts to BSM - replaced with V1), the Redline (replaced with 9500ci), the HP Compact 905 (replaced with ALPs). I still have the net radar because I think it will be very strong in the future. For the time being, I'm less confident in the k-band range vs. the V1, so that's disabled but still installed.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mickrussom