YaV1 Will not connect

lamboboy732

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Just purchased a V1 with Savvy and The Bluetooth LE module brand new and am having issues connecting to the V1. The crummy V1 connection app from Valentine works just fine and has no problem connecting, however YaV1 sits forever on the connecting screen and never connects. The module is most certianly paired to the phone and everything is powered on. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
YaV1 does not support the V1C LE.

The app that Valentine themselves make works, but not YaV1.

I'm not sure what [MENTION=4345]francky06l[/MENTION]'s plans are for updating YaV1, but currently if you want to use YaV1, you need the Android V1C module.

lamboboy732

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
YaV1 does not support the V1C LE.

The app that Valentine themselves make works, but not YaV1.

I'm not sure what [MENTION=4345]francky06l[/MENTION]'s plans are for updating YaV1, but currently if you want to use YaV1, you need the Android V1C module.
Darn...Wish I knew that before I ordered. Thanks for the fast response. Hopefully the app gets updated soon, I really don't want to be out 60 bucks for another module.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
If it's brand new the LE version can be paired to the phone.

Once paired YaV1 might work.

lamboboy732

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
If it's brand new the LE version can be paired to the phone.

Once paired YaV1 might work.
I just received it today direct from VR. I did pair it to my phone and the YaV1 app sees it, just does not connect sadly.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
I just received it today direct from VR. I did pair it to my phone and the YaV1 app sees it, just does not connect sadly.
Not sure when Franky is gonna be getting around to it. I'm sure VR will swap it no problem.

I think you may have answered a question some folks were having with these new LE Dongles.

focalcivic

Advanced User
Reaction score
Darn...Wish I knew that before I ordered. Thanks for the fast response. Hopefully the app gets updated soon, I really don't want to be out 60 bucks for another module.
Why buy the LE when Android one is still listed? You have 30 day return policy.

lamboboy732

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I bought the le so I could use it with whatever phone I want. It's kind of silly to buy two adapters to do the same thing.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
Because in the long run it will be compatible with all apps on all platforms and probably have better resale value.

And you can choose to Pair or Auto Connect.

I thought perhaps if he did Pair it, it might work with YaV1, but apparently that doesn't look like the case.

francky06l

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
At the time I created YaV1 the LE BT was quite rare on Android units. Seems it's now more popular, I'll have to adjust :)

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
At the time I created YaV1 the LE BT was quite rare on Android units. Seems it's now more popular, I'll have to adjust :)
Yay! Cool. :)

lamboboy732

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
How long Francky, will you need a new update to Ya?
I PMd him earlier, and he is very busy with work and personal life. He said he would look into it get it out as soon as he can.

RensoreK

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I haven't been able to try YaV1 due to having an V1C LE module as well but I understand this is something francky06l does in his spare time. If it does one day support the alternate module this would be awesome. For the meantime I'll have to stick with V1connection (Better than nothing right?)

lamboboy732

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I haven't been able to try YaV1 due to having an V1C LE module as well but I understand this is something francky06l does in his spare time. If it does one day support the alternate module this would be awesome. For the meantime I'll have to stick with V1connection (Better than nothing right?)
I looked at the v1 app and it seems pretty useless to me. Other than pushing custom sweeps I haven't found anything useful it can do in my short time using it. The design is horrible too, looks ancient.

Chas0039

Gone
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I looked at the v1 app and it seems pretty useless to me. Other than pushing custom sweeps I haven't found anything useful it can do in my short time using it. The design is horrible too, looks ancient.
It does just what it was designed to do, very well. You can see why YaV1 is so good.

lamboboy732

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
It does just what it was designed to do, very well. You can see why YaV1 is so good.
Sadly I cannot see why yav1 is so good yet because it doesn't work with my Bluetooth. But once it does it looks from videos to be awesome.

RensoreK

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
From the videos I've seen of YaV1 the V1 app actually looks better but I care more about functionality than looks TBH. And the app MAY suck, it gives me info on frequencies so I can better select custom sweeps and allows me to instantly push different configurations to my V1. May not be an OOOH WOW app, but hey its better than nothing! Until YaV1 works with the V1C LE this is the best alternative many of us will have! So if you can run YaV1 , consider yourself blessed! :)

Chas0039

Gone
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Or just get the V1 connector for Android.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sightline