LRD950 Band Priority Example: Turn on K Filter to prioritize Ka Band

Tallyho

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Was driving this morning with K filter off just to maximize range when I ran into some 35.5 from the local yokel finest.

The 950 then picked up some K pollution immediately following the detection of the 35.5 signal which overrode the Ka signal. At which point I was wondering if the Ka signal was still there or was it gone?

Once the K signal weakened, Ka came back twice as strong as the last alert before this band hopping occurred.

As a result I think I'm going to sacrifice just a little K range by turning the K filter back on to avoid running into this scenario again where a K false overrides a live Ka threat.

Last edited:

oneheadlight

Advanced User
Reaction score
Was driving this morning with K filter off just to maximize range when I ran into some 35.5 from the local yokel finest.

The 950 then picked up some K pollution immediately following the detection of the 35.5 signal which overrode the Ka signal. At which point I was wondering if the Ka signal was still there or was it gone?

Once the K signal weakened, Ka came back twice as strong as the last alert before this band hopping occurred.

As a result I think I'm going to sacrifice just a little K range by turning the K filter back on to avoid running into this scenario again where a K false overrides a live Ka threat.

Yes, that was exactly what I was thinking, posting that thought awhile ago. My thinking goes like this, having the k-band filter on will filter out "loud falses" so that Ka can be focused on. Since this detector is more "old school detector" where the strongest signal takes priority, then filtering out junk will help the real threats be identified. I wouldn't doubt that the automakers are being told to use k and ka band bsm/cruise control, etc, so that there is so much "noise" out there no one with a detector will be able to find the real threats. Why else didn't they pick x-band? They could have.

But back to what [MENTION=3565]Tallyho[/MENTION] said, I do agree.. Smart thinking!! :)

Coastal

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
What firmware are you using? Curious if this has changed at all on 1.51.

Tallyho

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grandy745