V1 connected to Mirror Tap....Blendmount.....Bluetooth Question

Stentplacer

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I am using V1 with iPhone Bluetooth now. Bluetooth connected to side port of cigarette lighter port.

im converting to Blendmount with mirror tap to Lose The Hanging Cable!!!

will I encounter any issues putting the Bluetooth module in line with power and detector behind mirror???

surprisinguy

Government can only give what it takes...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
You'll need a 4 wire cable between the 2

jim4rc

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Do you need to use a splitter at the v1?

Stentplacer

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Can you be more specific as to what I need to order and from who.
thanks much

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score

Matthewstorm

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
If your mirror has an OnStar module don't put the BT dongle near it. It will interfere.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
If your mirror has an OnStar module don't put the BT dongle near it. It will interfere.

Interfere with what BT or the OnStar?

BT or BTLE?

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

Randath

PSL +15
Intermediate User
Reaction score
@mswlogo - He offers two different size taps. I was using the standard taps and tried switching to the smaller version on my GTI. Could not get good connection. Pins are shorter and smaller. I will say Cary, at invisicord, stood by his products and switched out the cord for free. Excellent customer service. Emails take a couple days to be answered but great service.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I ended up going with the blend mount one because it is more specific over the correct pin size for a particular vehicle. But still no directions on exactly where you need to tap or which connector or side of a connector. It was also cheaper and available on Amazon Prime so I could return it. It worked out perfect.

Since it was not a dual set of connectors I needed a splitter. But there was room inside the mirror cover to fit it.

The bluetooth Dongle is double side taped to the outside of the mirror cover. Out of view of my eyes, outside or the sun.

Pretty clean and quick install.

48925682121_3182252ed1_h_d.jpg

48925878367_31561165a4_h_d.jpg

48925878407_5b532e5b7f_h_d.jpg

911C4S

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm bumping an old thread as I'm looking for this exact solution. However I'm not the smartest so need this explained a little better please...

My goal is to use my V1 with bluetooth module via a mirror tap. If I remember correctly, the V1 and BT module need to be plugged into the same power source. Which is an issue when using mirror tap since the mirror tap only plugs from the mirror to 1 RG45. So how do I plug the BT module in?

I'm tempted to just buy a V1 Gen 2 since it has BT built in. Problem solved. But then I'm spending an extra $300 to get that function ($500 for new unit - $200 to sell my v1 on ebay).

Would this product solve my problem? Assuming I have enough room in the mirror housing to fit both the mirror tap and the BT connector?

So essentially I would use this invisicord to have 1 RG45 to the V1 then the other RG45 to the BT adapter.

Then figure out how to fit it all into the mirror housing.

Does this make sense?

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I would look at it a little differently. For $300 you are getting BT(what you want) and way better range, filtering and wifi updates, plus other things too I am sure ( I am not super familiar with G1).

Just my 2cents.

911C4S

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
2018GTI: you're not helping me here... I planned to buy the V1 G2 however I'm trying to do the right thing and milk out the G1 :)

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm not going to help either. :) I still have my Gen1, but I have no interest in ever using it again after driving with my Gen2.
The BSM rejection alone is terrific!

911C4S

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Alright.... I went ahead and placed an order for the gen 2 today. Fingers crossed I don't have any quality issues like I've seen reported in some posts....

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grandy745