TXCTG Waco Radar Detector Testing 10-25-2015

RedRocket

Lidar Shootist
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Took me awhile to get the antennas set just right... but I wasn't transmitting when setting up at all...
That's a good thing, we wouldn't want you "microwaving" your grey matter. :D

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
The only gun with two antennas was the 34.7 DSR2X... one antenna was facing rearward... the other forward... just as the unit is designed to operate... Took me awhile to get the antennas set just right... but I wasn't transmitting when setting up at all...

Thanks for the info. Did the long course have telephone/powerline wires along it?

CobawLT2010

I am a still small voice of calm and reason.
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
That's a good thing, we wouldn't want you "microwaving" your grey matter. :D

Oh... I was getting microwaved... (tis life I guess...)

The cables had ties on them... I didn't feel like undoing them for the 5 or so minutes... It wasn't like it was point blank though...

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

http://www.pbelectronics.com/cancer_and_radar.htm

usernamedefunct09

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
On a straight and level road just about any detector will give enough warning to slow down. What seperates the men from the boys is how well they can detect in a difficult terrain where you have lots of trees and vegetation on a winding road, with possibly some changes in elevation. One doesn't need 3-5 miles of alert to slow down to PSL A good detector is one that can sniff out signals in difficult conditions in time for the driver to be able to reduce speed in time. Also important is how well it can sniff out brief I/O signals ahead. I would rather have a detector that is the best at doing these things with even just 1/2 mile alert than one that has 3-10 mile range on a straight course but performs mediocre in other situations.

KASHER1979

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
On a straight and level road just about any detector will give enough warning to slow down. What seperates the men from the boys is how well they can detect in a difficult terrain where you have lots of trees and vegetation on a winding road, with possibly some changes in elevation. One doesn't need 3-5 miles of alert to slow down to PSL A good detector is one that can sniff out signals in difficult conditions in time for the driver to be able to reduce speed in time. Also important is how well it can sniff out brief I/O signals ahead. I would rather have a detector that is the best at doing these things with even just 1/2 mile alert than one that has 3-10 mile range on a straight course but performs mediocre in other situations.

Excellent post. Very well said.

gku

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Very grateful for your passionate work guys. If it only be so easy to just pick one now...:). Still undecided...

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itfitz